October 15, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V731000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V731
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 81
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2020 Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with dealer-installed accessory 20″ x 8.50″ wheels (RPO 5JO or SHH). The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors use the incorrect wireless radio frequency and cannot illuminate the low pressure warning light when the tire pressure drops below the recommended level. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, “Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.”
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-586-596-1733. GM’s number for this recall is N192279200.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for NonCompliance Recall N192279200
Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
|Q1)||Which vehicles are involved?|
|A1)||Certain 2020 model year Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with certain dealer-installed accessory wheels. (RPO 5JO and SHH).
|Q2)||What is the issue or condition?|
|A2)||These vehicles may fail to conform to S4.2 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138, “Tire pressure monitoring systems.” These vehicles may have been equipped with tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors that use the incorrect wireless radio frequency to communicate with the vehicle. In these vehicles, a low-tirepressure warning light may not illuminate when tire pressure drops too low, as required by S4.2 of FMVSS 138. An incorrect part number for the TPMS sensors was input into GM’s accessory part ordering system. These sensors communicate wirelessly using a different radio frequency than intended for this vehicle. Drivers who do not manually check tire pressure could operate the vehicle with low pressure. Low tire pressure can negatively affect vehicle handling or cause tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
|Q3)||What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?|
|A3)||A TPMS malfunction warning light will illuminate after driving over 28 mph (45 kph) for 18 minutes.
|Q4)||What is the remedy/repair?|
|A4)||Dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors.
|Q5)||What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?|
|A5)||Drivers who do not manually check tire pressure could operate the vehicle with low pressure. Low tire pressure can negatively affect vehicle handling or cause tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
|Q6)||Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?|
|A6)||No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.
|Q7)||Is the remedy/repair available now?|
|A7)||Yes, the remedy/repair is available now, please see the attached bulletin for details.
|Q8)||What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?|
|A8)||If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.
|Q9)||How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?|
|A9)||Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
|Q10)||If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?|
|A10)||Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.
FMVSS Noncompliance Recall
N192279200 Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor – US Only
Release Date: October 2019 Revision: 00
|Attention:||It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.
|From||To||5JO or SHH||Accessory-Wheel – 20 X 8.5 – J –
Aluminum – Design 3 or Design 1
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||General Motors has decided that certain 2020 model year Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with certain dealer-installed accessory wheels may fail to conform to S4.2 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138, “Tire pressure monitoring systems.” These vehicles may have been equipped with tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors that use the incorrect wireless radio frequency to communicate with the vehicle. In these vehicles, a low-tire-pressure warning light may not illuminate when tire pressure drops too low, as required by S4.2 of FMVSS 138. An incorrect part number for the TPMS sensors was input into GM’s accessory part ordering system. These sensors communicate wirelessly using a different radio frequency than intended for this vehicle. Drivers who do not manually check tire pressure could operate the vehicle with low pressure. Low tire pressure can negatively affect vehicle handling or cause tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|Correction||Dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors.|
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|4||Sensor, Tire Pressure||84413357|
It is estimated that there are only 81 involved vehicles that will require parts being replaced. Due to the small number of vehicles anticipated that will need this fix and the limited initial parts availability, dealers are encouraged not to order these parts for use as shelf stock.
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|9104280||Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Replacement (Includes Learn Procedure)||1.6||ZFAT||N/A|
Dealer Responsibility – For USA & Export (USA States, Territories, and Possessions)
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time.
Dealer Responsibility – All
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.
Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles has been prepared and will be provided to U.S. and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports or sent directly to export dealers. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
Courtesy Transportation – For USA
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in a product program and still within the warranty coverage period. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Sections 1.4 and 6.1.10, for courtesy transportation program details.
USA – General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle
1 Affected Product
5 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: October 15, 2019 Subject: N192279200 – Noncompliance Recall Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor – US Only
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- 【2020 For GM TIRE TPMS RELEARN TOOL】Works on most General Motors (Chevy / Buick / GMC / Opel /Cadillac etc)equipped with 315/433 MHz , Please check the last picture with exact car model. More car models will be updated after being tested!【Please comfirm VXDAS brand LOGO, without LOGO are FAKE, and not sure the quality】
- 【ESSENTIAL VEHICLE TOOL】Tire Reset Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins, after tire rotations or change a new tire, Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Module replacement or Tire Pressure Sensor replacement.
- 【EASY TO USE】tpms reset tool can help you reprogram all tires much easier just with 3 steps. Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS Learn Mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【SAVE TIME& MONEY】Tire pressure monitor sensor activation tool is simple and fast ,activates the individual TPM sensor with the press of one button easily within 1-2 Mins.Save your almost 20-80$,.Much better than going to the dealer or a tire store just to get your pressure sensors reset.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】.Different vehicle may need different times to reset all of your tire sensors after rotation,.take out battery if don't use,.Not for TRUCK & Please use NEW 9V battery(not include in package) 【Professional Support Ce and FCC approved. VXDAS provides 12 months warranty】
- [FOR ACTIVATING]：As a time-effective TPMS tool, TS408 is committed to activating any known OEM/Universal TPMS sensors for you. Choose the right vehicle make, model and year, the Activation process is just in the blink of an eye.
- [FOR PROGRAMMING] : AS a cost-effective TPMS tool, TPMS programmer TS408 is capable to program AUTEL MX-Sensor with three programming options: Copy By Activation, Copy By Manual Input and Auto Create. Notice:TS408 could program Autel-MX sensors very quickly, but it doesn’t support copy by OBD.
- [FOR RELEARNNING & RESETTING] : As an user-friendly TPMS tool, Autel MaxiTpms TS408 provides on-tool relearn procedure for every TPMS equipped U.S., Asian and European vehicle, besides, it helps you reset the TPMS system. Notice:the relearn function of TS408 works very well, it provides auto relearn and stationary relearn, but not OBD relearn. If your old sensors are dead or cannot be scanned, this function may fail.
- [FOR KEY FOB TESTING] : Do you want to know whether the key fob is working? Then using Autel TPMS tool TS408 (TS401, TS501), which could accurately test the key fob to make sure if it is in top condition.
- [FOR BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE] : Do you still hesitate to take this tool home? Then One Year Warranty and Free Lifetime Update are offered for you. With English/Spanish/French data support and 24-hour tech support, we are here to provide reliable shopping experience.
- 2 in 1 TPMS Tool: Super EL50448 works as both EL-50448 GM series and EL-50449 Ford Series TPMS19 tire sensor reset tool.
- Wide Vehicle Coverage: tps relearn tool work on most General Motors /Ford/Buick/Cadillac/Chevrolet/GMC/Lincoln/Mercury equipped tpms tire pressure monitor system can be reset.
- Easy to Use: Super EL-50448 TPMS activation tool with ease, faster operation, activates the individual TPMS sensors by pressing one button.
- How to Use: Ensure that the vehicle is in the relearn mode, and following the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress press button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- Notice:  When using tpms relearn tool GM Ford, please make sure antenna in correct position; [ 2] And 9V battery should be in good condition, new and fully charged
- ACCURATE & FAST CAR DIAGNOSIS: A new generation TPMS diagnostic & service tool specially designed to activate all known OEM/Universal TPMS sensors, and provide users with direct access to the vehicle’s ECU through OBD II connection, thus allowing users to reprogram sensor IDs and retrieve/clear TPMS DTCs, helping technicians to quickly find out faulty TPMS and turn off MILs.
- POWERFUL&SIMPLE:TPMS Sensor Check allows activating of TPMS sensor to view sensor data such as sensor ID, tire pressure, tire temperature, sensor battery, sensor position, frequency. It also sends the sensor data to vehicle’s ECU to let the ECU learn the positions of sensors whenever wheels are rotated or sensors are replaced.
- TPMS RELEARN:This function provides users with quick access to the vehicle’s ECU, enables users to do TPMS diagnostics, such as reading/writing sensor IDs on vehicle ECU and reading/ clearing codes of TPMS system, and to save data for later reviews and printing.
- TPMS SENSOR PROGRAMMING:The Programming function allows users to program the sensor data to the MX-Sensor and replace faulty sensor with low battery life or one that is not functioning. The scan tool is easy-to-use with a proven efficiency and guaranteed accurate results.
- EASY TO OPERATE:The Review Data function allows user to view and print out saved data of the latest TPMS diagnostic recordings by the service tool.After the user finished the TPMS test, the tool is capable of presenting all of its stored TPMS data in a HTML file when connected to a PC via an USB cable.
- Without OBDII Cable, TS408 is designed to activate all known TPMS sensors wirelessly. When you choose the right vehicle make, model and year, TS408 can easily activate all the sensors and read the sensor ID, pressure, temperature and battery condition.
- program AUTEL MX-Sensor with three programming options: 1. Copy By Activation; 2. Copy By Manual Input; 3. Auto Create 1-16;
- ON-TOOL RELEARN PROCEDURE TS408 provides on-tool relearn procedure for every TPMS equipped U.S., Asian and European vehicle. No need for relearn charts or Internet lookups.
- Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery. Strong housing with protective rubber boot.
- Print TPMS sensor data via PC. Multilingual support. Historical test records. free Software Update.
- TPMS Sensor Training Tool - Tire Pressure Programming Activation
- Replacement for P/N: 8C2Z1A203A, 8C2Z-1A203-A, TPMS19
- Compatibility: can be used on any Ford, Lincoln Mercury vehicles that has a Tire Pressure Sensor
- Use this tool to train sensors so the TPMS warning light is not illuminated
- Instructions provided
- 【Activate 98% Sensors】Autel TS401 can activate 98% sensors in the market without any hassles. Whether you are a car DIY, enthusiast, or mechanics, you can use this smart TPMS reset tool to activate sensors under any brand easily.
- 【98% Relearn】As a powerful TPMS relearn tool, TS401 gives you a complete build-in relearn procedure guide for 98% sensors in the market very quickly. Two relearn ways which are Auto Relearn and Stationary Relearn are offered for you.Notice:TS401 couldn’t support OBD relearn. If your old sensors are dead or cannot be scanned, this function may fail. To check compatibility, please send OEM code/sensor information to [email protected]outlook.com or ask through Q/A.
- 【3 Programming Ways】TPMS programming tool Autel TS401 gives you 3 easy ways to program sensors: Copy by Activation; Manual Create; Auto Create; Note:1) Welcome to contact us if you are not sure whether your car could program Autel Sensors with TS401; 2)Autel TPMS Series could only program Autel brand Sensors;3)Autel MX-sensors could be programmed repeatedly. To check compatibility, please send OEM code/sensor information to [email protected]outlook.com or ask through Q/A.
- 【Lifetime Free Update】Please watch the video in the last image to help you update TS401quickly. And please be informed that TPMS programming tool TS401 enjoys lifetime software free updates. Time-to-time software upgrade ensures TS401 is compliant, up-to-date with the latest vehicles. You may never worry about TS401 will be out of date one day.
- 【Additional Features】TS401 could check your Key Fob’s frequency, read sensor data, scan TPMS sensor ID and copy ID into MX-Sensor, store historical test records. You will have 12 momth warranty and 24 hour tech support if you have any problems in using this small tool. In a word, TS401 focus on TPMS problems.
- 【2019 Updated GL-50448】Equipped with a round antenna and Switch button,let Open Signal Faster and Stronger than other TPMS Relearn Tool.also More sensitive and Suitable for your fingers operation.
- 【WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE】VXDAS GL-50448 works on General Motors (Chevy/Buick/GMC/Opel/Cadillac) equipped with Tire Pressure Monitor system (TPMS) sensor
- 【Save Time& Money】Save your almost 20-80$ and time to tire shop,Activate Easily within 1-2 Mins.when replacement tire pressure sensor, tire pressure alarm remove or exchange tires.
- 【EASY To USE】Sensitive sensor, Circuit Optimal Design, Easy to use, Activates the individual TPMS sensor with the press of one button.Ensure that the vehicle is in the relearn mode, and following the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress press button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- 【FRIENDLY TIPS】1. When using tpms relearn tool , please make sure antenna in correct position 2.And 9V battery should be in good condition,3.When activation of a tire is finished,sometimes the horn or flashing will feedback.
- Scans OE and other aftermarket sensors
- Lifetime free Pro+ Tool updates
- Full diagnostic tool, use to perform relearns
- Allows to program or copy a sensor in a matter of seconds
- Copies OEM ID numbers into smart sensors to avoid lengthy, complicated relearns
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API