October 15, 2019 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 19V731000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 19V731
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 81
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2020 Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with dealer-installed accessory 20″ x 8.50″ wheels (RPO 5JO or SHH). The tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors use the incorrect wireless radio frequency and cannot illuminate the low pressure warning light when the tire pressure drops below the recommended level. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 138, “Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems.”
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-586-596-1733. GM’s number for this recall is N192279200.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for NonCompliance Recall N192279200
Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
|Q1)||Which vehicles are involved?|
|A1)||Certain 2020 model year Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with certain dealer-installed accessory wheels. (RPO 5JO and SHH).
|Q2)||What is the issue or condition?|
|A2)||These vehicles may fail to conform to S4.2 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138, “Tire pressure monitoring systems.” These vehicles may have been equipped with tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors that use the incorrect wireless radio frequency to communicate with the vehicle. In these vehicles, a low-tirepressure warning light may not illuminate when tire pressure drops too low, as required by S4.2 of FMVSS 138. An incorrect part number for the TPMS sensors was input into GM’s accessory part ordering system. These sensors communicate wirelessly using a different radio frequency than intended for this vehicle. Drivers who do not manually check tire pressure could operate the vehicle with low pressure. Low tire pressure can negatively affect vehicle handling or cause tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
|Q3)||What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?|
|A3)||A TPMS malfunction warning light will illuminate after driving over 28 mph (45 kph) for 18 minutes.
|Q4)||What is the remedy/repair?|
|A4)||Dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors.
|Q5)||What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?|
|A5)||Drivers who do not manually check tire pressure could operate the vehicle with low pressure. Low tire pressure can negatively affect vehicle handling or cause tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.
|Q6)||Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?|
|A6)||No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.
|Q7)||Is the remedy/repair available now?|
|A7)||Yes, the remedy/repair is available now, please see the attached bulletin for details.
|Q8)||What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?|
|A8)||If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.
|Q9)||How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?|
|A9)||Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
|Q10)||If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?|
|A10)||Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.
FMVSS Noncompliance Recall
N192279200 Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor – US Only
Release Date: October 2019 Revision: 00
|Attention:||It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.
|From||To||5JO or SHH||Accessory-Wheel – 20 X 8.5 – J –
Aluminum – Design 3 or Design 1
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||General Motors has decided that certain 2020 model year Cadillac CT6 vehicles equipped with certain dealer-installed accessory wheels may fail to conform to S4.2 of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 138, “Tire pressure monitoring systems.” These vehicles may have been equipped with tire-pressure monitoring system (TPMS) sensors that use the incorrect wireless radio frequency to communicate with the vehicle. In these vehicles, a low-tire-pressure warning light may not illuminate when tire pressure drops too low, as required by S4.2 of FMVSS 138. An incorrect part number for the TPMS sensors was input into GM’s accessory part ordering system. These sensors communicate wirelessly using a different radio frequency than intended for this vehicle. Drivers who do not manually check tire pressure could operate the vehicle with low pressure. Low tire pressure can negatively affect vehicle handling or cause tire failure, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|Correction||Dealers will replace all four TPMS sensors with the correct sensors.|
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|4||Sensor, Tire Pressure||84413357|
It is estimated that there are only 81 involved vehicles that will require parts being replaced. Due to the small number of vehicles anticipated that will need this fix and the limited initial parts availability, dealers are encouraged not to order these parts for use as shelf stock.
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|9104280||Tire Pressure Indicator Sensor Replacement (Includes Learn Procedure)||1.6||ZFAT||N/A|
Dealer Responsibility – For USA & Export (USA States, Territories, and Possessions)
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time.
Dealer Responsibility – All
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.
Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles has been prepared and will be provided to U.S. and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports or sent directly to export dealers. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
Courtesy Transportation – For USA
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in a product program and still within the warranty coverage period. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Sections 1.4 and 6.1.10, for courtesy transportation program details.
USA – General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle
1 Affected Product
5 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: October 15, 2019 Subject: N192279200 – Noncompliance Recall Incorrect Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor – US Only
Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report
Latest Recalls Documents
- 2 in 1 TPMS Tool: Super EL50448 works as both EL-50448 GM series and EL-50449 Ford Series TPMS19 tire sensor reset tool.
- Wide Vehicle Coverage: tps relearn tool work on most General Motors /Ford/Buick/Cadillac/Chevrolet/GMC/Lincoln/Mercury equipped tpms tire pressure monitor system can be reset.
- Easy to Use: Super EL-50448 TPMS activation tool with ease, faster operation, activates the individual TPMS sensors by pressing one button.
- How to Use: Ensure that the vehicle is in the relearn mode, and following the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress press button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- Notice:  When using tpms relearn tool GM Ford, please make sure antenna in correct position; [ 2] And 9V battery should be in good condition, new and fully charged
- 【Note:Please check your car model whether it can work with tool in the last pictures. Not for TRUCK & Please use NEW 9V battery】TPMS tire pressure sensor on models in & after 2012 can be read, only with some specified diagnostic tools.【Please comfirm VXDAS brand LOGO, Other sellers without LOGO are FAKE, and NO guarantee of quality】
- tpms reset tool can help you reprogram all tires much easier just with 3 steps.
- Ensure that the vehicle is in the TPMS Learn Mode, and follow the service procedure. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- Tire pressure monitor sensor activation tool is simple, fast and easy to use, activates the individual TPM sensor with the press of one button.
- 【Different vehicle may need different times to reset all of your tire sensors after rotation】【take out battery if don't use】TPMS reset tire pressure monitor sensor tool for GM Series Vehicle for 2010-2019, package does not include the charger and battery.
- [FOR ACTIVATING]：As a time-effective TPMS tool, TS408 is committed to activating any known OEM/Universal TPMS sensors for you. Choose the right vehicle make, model and year, the Activation process is just in the blink of an eye.
- [FOR PROGRAMMING] : AS a cost-effective TPMS tool, TPMS programmer TS408 is capable to program AUTEL MX-Sensor with three programming options: Copy By Activation, Copy By Manual Input and Auto Create.
- [FOR RELEARNNING & RESETTING] : As an user-friendly TPMS tool, Autel MaxiTpms TS408 provides on-tool relearn procedure for every TPMS equipped U.S., Asian and European vehicle, besides, it helps you reset the TPMS system.
- [FOR KEY FOB TESTING] : Do you want to know whether the key fob is working? Then using Autel TPMS tool TS408 (TS401, TS501), which could accurately test the key fob to make sure if it is in top condition.
- [FOR BETTER CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE] : Do you still hesitate to take this tool home? Then One Year Warranty and Free Lifetime Update are offered for you. With English/Spanish/French data support and 24-hour tech support, we are here to provide reliable shopping experience.
- TPMS Sensor Training Tool - Tire Pressure Programming Activation
- Replacement for P/N: 8C2Z1A203A, 8C2Z-1A203-A, TPMS19
- Compatibility: can be used on any Ford, Lincoln Mercury vehicles that has a Tire Pressure Sensor
- Use this tool to train sensors so the TPMS warning light is not illuminated
- Instructions provided
- ACCURATE & FAST CAR DIAGNOSIS: A new generation TPMS diagnostic & service tool specially designed to activate all known OEM/Universal TPMS sensors, and provide users with direct access to the vehicle’s ECU through OBD II connection, thus allowing users to reprogram sensor IDs and retrieve/clear TPMS DTCs, helping technicians to quickly find out faulty TPMS and turn off MILs.
- POWERFUL&SIMPLE:TPMS Sensor Check allows activating of TPMS sensor to view sensor data such as sensor ID, tire pressure, tire temperature, sensor battery, sensor position, frequency. It also sends the sensor data to vehicle’s ECU to let the ECU learn the positions of sensors whenever wheels are rotated or sensors are replaced.
- TPMS RELEARN:This function provides users with quick access to the vehicle’s ECU, enables users to do TPMS diagnostics, such as reading/writing sensor IDs on vehicle ECU and reading/ clearing codes of TPMS system, and to save data for later reviews and printing.
- TPMS SENSOR PROGRAMMING:The Programming function allows users to program the sensor data to the MX-Sensor and replace faulty sensor with low battery life or one that is not functioning. The scan tool is easy-to-use with a proven efficiency and guaranteed accurate results.
- EASY TO OPERATE:The Review Data function allows user to view and print out saved data of the latest TPMS diagnostic recordings by the service tool.After the user finished the TPMS test, the tool is capable of presenting all of its stored TPMS data in a HTML file when connected to a PC via an USB cable.
- TS408 is designed to activate all known TPMS sensors. When you choose the right vehicle make, model and year, TS408 can easily activate all the sensors and read the sensor ID, pressure, temperature and battery condition.
- program AUTEL MX-Sensor with three programming options: 1. Copy By Activation; 2. Copy By Manual Input; 3. Auto Create 1-16;
- ON-TOOL RELEARN PROCEDURE TS408 provides on-tool relearn procedure for every TPMS equipped U.S., Asian and European vehicle. No need for relearn charts or Internet lookups.
- Built-in rechargeable li-ion battery. Strong housing with protective rubber boot.
- Print TPMS sensor data via PC. Multilingual support. Historical test records. free Software Update.
- TPMS SENSOR ACTIVATION: This hand-held Autel TS401 works on 98 percentage of the vehicle models on the market, and is aimed at activating all magnetic, frequency, and tire deflation triggered sensors used on Vehicle Tire Pressure Management System.
- MMX-SENSOR PROGRAMMING: The TS401 is also a tire sensor program tool that supports programming for AUTEL MX-Sensor, just by scanning TPMS sensor ID and copying ID into MX-Sensor(Manually input OE ID into MX-sensor or automatically create sensor ID).
- INFORMATION RETRIEVAL: In order to get a clear picture of the tire sensor, this TPMS tool is designed with the function of reading sensor data, to get information including sensor ID, tire pressure, tire temperature, sensor battery, and frequency.
- RELEARN AFTER REPAIR: After the repairs (Air pressure adjustment, tire rotation, tire sensor replacement etc. ) on the TPMS are finished, this TS401 from Autel allows you to use Auto or Stationary Relearn to relearn the tire pressure management system.
- ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS: This TPMS tool is equipped with key fob testing so you don’t need to take your car to a dealership for the right key frequency. And there is One year warranty and lifetime upgrade to ensure the quality service.
- 【Sensor Activate】Being a powerful TPMS reset tool for any entry-level users, Autel TS401 gives you the ability to activate all sensors on the market, even some sensors are especially programmed for a specific vehicle and a specific frequency including: GM, Ford etc.
- 【Sensor Relearn】This TPMS relearn tool TS401 can do the Relearn procedure for 98% vehicle of market that comes into your auto repair shop in both 2 ways: Auto Relearn (which needs to test drive the vehicle) & Stationary Relearn (with the built-in relearn guide).
- 【Sensor Program】You have 3 multiple options to program a sensor with this TPMS programming tool: Copy by Activation, Copy by Manual Input, and Auto Create. With Copy by Activation, the vehicle will automatically find the new sensor. Easy as Breeze.(Program function only support using in Autel sensors.)
- 【Retrieve Infos】TS401 provides a TPMS tire pressure monitor system tool for you to capture sensor IDs, tire pressure, tire temperature, and check the sensor’s battery life & frequency. It is absolutely a time saver, and gives you the general area of where to start looking for a TPMS problem.
- 【Lifelong Benefits】Autel TPMS relearn tool TS401 can check your Key Fob’s frequency, saving you the hassle of running into a dealership. This price-point friendly TPMS tool also claims to have FREE lifetime update for the latest vehicles, with 12-month warranty provided.
- Function: EL 50448 TPMS Relearn tool, can quickly reset tire, used after you do tire rotation or change a new tire, Install new TPMS sensors etc when the system can not recognize the new Sensors.
- Fitment: For GM Vehicles (Chevy / Buick / GMC / Opel / Cadillac etc, from 2006-2019, Cars, SUV, Pickup) which is equipped with 315/433 MHZ tire pressure monitor system sensor.
- Feature: GM tire pressure relearn tool small but powerful, reset your tire just like no more than making an instant coffee, activates the individual TPMS with the press of one button.
- High Quality: This affordable el 50448 tool is durable and simple. Hold tool against the sidewall of the tire, near the valve stem. Depress Learn button while holding the tool against the tire sidewall.
- Note: GM tire pressure relearn tool not for TRUCK & please use new 9V battery. Package does not include the charger and battery.
Last update on 2019-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-11-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API