September 8, 2016 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 16V651000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V651
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 3,640,162
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 3500 HD, Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Sierra 2500 HD and 3500 HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles and 2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado 1500, Trax, Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicle, GMC Sierra 1500, Buick Encore, and 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV and SS vehicles. In the affected vehicles, certain driving conditions may cause the air bag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software to activate a diagnostic test. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The recall began on October 13, 2016. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 16007.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
What if a dealer can’t locate the current vehicle owner?
If the current vehicle owner cannot be located, please review all available resources to determine if the customer’s residence is within the dealership’s area. GM uses state vehicle registration records to regularly update owner of record information for open field actions. These updates are available on the Open Vehicle Report (OVR), which is posted monthly in GM GlobalConnect under the “Service” Tab and the “Field Action Information” Application. Product field action reminder post cards are also mailed to any new vehicle owners as they are identified.
Will a dealer be paid to program a vehicle a second time?
Yes, if a second programming event is required, dealers should open a new job card and re-use the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. To facilitate this activity, an update was made in Service Programming System (SPS) which allows a technician to override the “same calibration” warning on these specific recall reprogramming events. This provides the ability to perform the second programming event and obtain a new Warranty Claim Code. Please read the updated recall bulletin carefully for these changes in the service procedure.
If another dealer was originally involved, can any dealer perform the second programming event and how do they get paid?
Performance of the second programming event is not restricted to the dealer who performed the original programming event and did not submit a valid Warranty Claim Code. Any dealer can submit a transaction as they normally do, using the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. Any dealer that submits a transaction with a valid Warranty Claim Code will be paid and the recall will be closed in IVH. Exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis by the GM Warranty Support Center (WSC).
If a dealer has a valid Warranty Claim Code and is re-submitting an original transaction that is less than 2 years old, are they entitled to labor time?
As a technician is not required in this case, dealers are not entitled to claim additional labor time. A dealer however may submit a $20.00 administrative allowance as compensation for processing the second transaction. After adding the Warranty Claim Code to the original transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field the dealer may add $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field and resubmit the transaction.
What should a dealer do if they have a valid Warranty Claim Code, but the original transaction is over 2 years old? Can they resubmit the transaction?
No, the dealer should create a new job card making sure to use all the information from the first job card (open date, mileage and technician code, etc.). After adding the Warranty Claim Code to the transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field and $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field, the dealer should submit the new transaction.
If a valid Warranty Claim Code is not retrievable from dealer records and the vehicle must be reprogrammed, will the dealer be paid for that event?
If a valid Warranty Claim Code was not recorded on the shop copy of the job card and/or is not retrievable from the SPS history log, the involved vehicle must be reprogrammed to generate a new Warranty Claim Code. Using the labor code and labor time provided in the bulletin, the dealer should create a new job card. Note that the dealer is entitled to whatever labor time listed in the bulletin, but not the $20.00 administrative allowance mentioned above. Upon completion of this second programming event, the dealer should submit the new transaction making sure to include the new Warranty Claim Code.
Will the system reject these transactions due to age or mileage?
There is no “over-age” or “mileage rollback” edit in place for the resubmission of these transactions, so they should pay without the need for wholesale authorization.
Will dealers be debited for these transactions that did not include a Warranty Claim Code (WCC)?
As mentioned above, GM will pay dealers for either the labor time to reprogram the module(s) for each of these recalls or the Administrative Time to pull the WCC from the shop copy of the previous repairs. Transactions processed prior to July 19th, including the list attached to this dealer message will not be debited. Transactions submitted after July 19, 2018 that do not contain an accurate WCC will be debited and reopened to ensure the proper calibration has been installed in the module(s).
Closed Product Field Actions Re-Opened Due to Missing or Invalid Warranty Claim Codes Recalls 15176, 15240, 15299, 15808, 16007, 17130, 17276, 17287 and 45340
A warranty audit of paid transactions for the safety and noncompliance recalls identified above revealed that some transactions were submitted without a Warranty Claim Code (WCC) or with an incorrect WCC. This code is generated when a control module is successfully programmed using the TIS Service Programming System (SPS). Since these transactions were identified as not having a valid WCC, the status of the involved vehicles was changed from “closed” to “open” in the Required Field Actions section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH). Dealer message GCUS-3-1280 dated June 26, 2018 provides additional details (see attached copy).
|Q1:||Will these transactions be debited?|
|A1:||No, only the field action is being re-opened in IVH in the interest of customer safety. However, some previous transactions for recall 15299 were re-opened and debited on March 16, 2018. These transactions are now being worked by the Warranty Support Center (WSC) to cancel the debits and re-credit the affected dealers. Future transactions that do not contain a valid WCC may be debited, if dealers do not take appropriate actions resolve this situation.|
|Q2:||What if a dealer can’t locate the current vehicle owner?|
|A2:||If the current vehicle owner cannot be located, no further action is necessary. GM uses state vehicle registration records to regularly update owner of record information for open field actions. These updates are available on the Open Vehicle Report (OVR), which is posted monthly in GM GlobalConnect. Product field action reminder notices are also mailed to the new vehicle owners as they are identified.|
|Q3:||Will a dealer be paid to program a vehicle a second time?|
|A3:||Yes, if a second programming event is required, dealers should open a new job card and re-use the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. To facilitate this activity, an update was made in Service Programming System (SPS) which allows a technician to override the “same calibration” warning on these specific recall reprogramming events. This provides the ability to perform the second programming event and obtain a new WCC.|
|Q4:||If another dealer was originally involved, can any dealer perform the second programming event and how do they get paid?|
|A4:||Performance of the second programming event is not restricted to the dealer who performed the original programming event and did not submit a valid WCC. In such cases, dealers should submit a transaction as they normally do, using the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. The first dealer to submit a transaction with a valid WCC will be paid and the recall will be closed in IVH. Exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis by the GM Warranty Support Center (WSC).|
|Q5:||If a valid WCC is retrievable from dealer records, can the original transaction be adjusted in the GWM system?|
|A5:||Yes, if the original transaction was processed within the past 2 years, the transaction can be adjusted (adding the WCC) on-line in the GWM system. Dealers should not use their Dealer Management System (DMS) to do this.|
|Q6:||If a dealer has a valid WCC and is re-submitting an original transaction that is less than 2 years old, are they entitled to labor time?|
|A6:||As a technician is not required in this case, dealers are not entitled to claim additional labor time. A dealer however may submit a $20.00 administrative allowance as compensation for processing the second transaction. After adding the WCC to the original transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field the dealer may add $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field and resubmit the transaction.|
|Q8:||What should a dealer do if they have a valid WCC, but the original transaction is over 2 years old? Can they resubmit the transaction?|
|A8:||No, the dealer should create a new job card making sure to use all the information from the first job card (open date, mileage and technician code, etc.). After adding the WCC to the transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field and $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field, the dealer should submit the new transaction.|
|Q9:||What should a dealer do if a valid WCC is not retrievable from dealer records?|
|A9:||If a valid WCC was not recorded on the shop copy of the job card and/or is not retrievable from the SPS history log, the involved vehicle must be reprogrammed to generate a new WCC. Using the labor code and labor time provided in the bulletin, the dealer should create a new job card. Note that the dealer is entitled to whatever time is listed in the bulletin, but not the $20.00 administrative allowance. Upon completion of this second programming event, the dealer should submit the new transaction making sure to include the new WCC.|
|Q10:||Will the system reject these transactions due to age or mileage?|
|A10:||There is no “over-age” or “mileage rollback” edit in place for the resubmission of these transactions, so they should pay without the need for wholesale authorization.|
#16007-04: Safety Recall - Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy - (Feb 21, 2018)
|Subject:||16007–04 — Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy|
|Models:||2014–2017 Buick Encore|
|2014–2016 Buick LaCrosse|
|2015–2017 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV|
|2014–2017 Chevrolet Caprice, Corvette, Silverado, Trax|
|2014–2016 Chevrolet Spark EV, SS|
|2015–2017 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe|
|2014–2017 GMC Sierra|
|2015–2017 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL|
|Reference Number:||N162048170||Release Date:||February 2017|
|Revision Description: This bulletin is being revised to remove the screenshot attachment requirement in the Service Procedure and Warranty Information sections. Please discard all previous copies of bulletin 16007-03|
|Attention:||It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.|
All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD, GMC Sierra LD, Buick Encore, Chevrolet Trax, Chevrolet Caprice Police, and Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, 2014-2016 model year Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV, and Chevrolet SS vehicles and 2015-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado HD, GMC Sierra HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade Cadillac Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Suburban, and Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles. The sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) in these vehicles, which controls airbag and pretensioner deployment, contains a software defect which may prevent the deployment of frontal airbags and pretensioners in certain rare circumstances. If the frontal airbags and seatbelt pretensioners do not deploy when required, there is an increased risk of injury to occupants in a crash.|
|Correction||Reprogram the SDM with new software that eliminates this defect. In vehicles with any previous deployment events recorded in the SDM, the dealers will replace the existing SDM with a new SDM containing the latest software.|
Note: If a replacement is required, use the VIN and the GM Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) to determine which SDM to order. It is estimated that only 1% of involved vehicles will require SDM replacement. Due to limited initial parts availability, dealers are encouraged not to order recall parts for use as shelf stock.
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|*9102276||Reprogram Inflatable Restraint Sensing|
and Diagnostic Module Calibrations
|*9102561||Replace Airbag Sensing and Diagnostic Module (Includes Programming)||**||ZFAT||N/A|
|9102553||Customer Reimbursement Approved||0.2||ZFAT||***|
|9102554||Customer Reimbursement Denied – For USA dealers only||0.1||ZFAT||N/A|
Note: To avoid having to “H” route the customer reimbursement for approval, it must be submitted prior to the repair transaction.
** Refer to Airbag Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement in the LTG for the appropriate labor time on the make and model being repaired.
*** The amount identified in “Net Item” should represent the dollar amount reimbursed to the customer.
Note: (FOR US DEALERS ONLY)
Based on the large volume of involved vehicles in dealer inventory, please review section 3.2.9 of the GM Service Policies & Procedures Manual regarding Technician Identification and Accounting of Labor. This section states…. ”For multiple vehicles requiring reprogramming, as well as service update bulletins and field actions involving inspections only (No parts replacement), the technician is not required to punch on/off time tickets by job card.”
Note: Carefully read and follow the instructions below.
- Ensure the programming tool is equipped with the latest software and is securely connected to the data link connector. If there is an interruption during programming, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
- Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. When required install the EL-49642 SPS Programming Support Tool to maintain system voltage. If not available, connect a fully charged 12 V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply. DO NOT connect a battery charger.
- Turn OFF or disable systems that may put a load on the vehicles battery such as; interior lights, exterior lights (including daytime running lights), HVAC, radio, etc.
- Clear DTCs after programming is complete. Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
Note: If programming fails, before contacting TCSC, refer to the “Unable to Program SDM” section below to note the value of the parameter name “Software Module 1 Identifier” and “Software Module 2 Identifier”.
Pre-SPS Programming Tips
- Verify the vehicle is not in “Transport Mode” before beginning programming.
- Record and clear all DTC’s in the vehicle before reprogramming the SDM.
- Access the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select K36 Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module - Programming and Setup and follow the on-screen instructions.
Important: The screen above should show all “PASS” or “SKIPPED” and/or PASS” if the programming event is successful. If ANY of the results show “FAILED”, proceed to “Unable to Program SDM” section.
- Create a screenshot of the “Programming Sequence (Programming Results)” including the VIN (lower right corner) in the screenshot as shown above to be included when submitting this transaction. Record SPS Warranty Claim Code on job card for warranty transaction submission.
- At the end of programming, choose the “Clear All DTCs” function on the SPS screen.
Unable to Program SDM
SPS Programming Tips
- If there is a deployment loop failure, please make sure the ignition switch is in the “Run” position, not the Accessory position. This typically occurs with push button Start. To verify the ignition switch is in the “Run” position go into GDS2, select the ECM and check for ignition 1 voltage. If it is at 12+ volts the ignition switch is in the correct position.
- If a Buick Encore displays an E-4491 programming failure, please check that the vehicle was built in TIS2Web as a light duty truck, not a passenger car.
- Using the GDS2 scan tool, build the vehicle and proceed to the Identification Information screen using the following path: Module Diagnostics>Inflatable Restraint Sensing and Diagnostic Module > Identification Information.
Note: “Software Module 1 Identifier” and “Software Module 2 Identifier” provides deployment or near-deployment event information.
- Note the value for parameter name “Software Module 1 Identifier” and “Software Module 2 Identifier”.
- If the value is greater than 0 for either of these parameters, replace the SDM. Refer to Airbag Sensing and Diagnostic Module Replacement in SI. Print the Identification Information screen and retain it with the Repair Order (RO).
- If the value for these parameters is 0, attempt to continue programming one more time before contacting the Techline Customer Support Center (TCSC) at 1-800-828-6860 (English) or 1-800-503-3222 (French). Refer to Unsuccessful Programming Recovery in SI. DO NOT use “Proceed with Same VIN” to return to Supported Controllers screen.
Dealer Responsibility — For US and Export (US States, Territories, and Possessions)
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time.
Dealer Responsibility — All
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers' possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.
Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. A copy of the customer letter is provided in this bulletin for your use in contacting customers. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles has been prepared and will be provided to U.S. and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
Courtesy Transportation – For USA & Canada
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in a product program and still within the warranty coverage period. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Section 6.1.10 – Courtesy Transportation, for details.
USA & Canada - General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle (see copy of customer letter included with this bulletin).
Export - Letters will be sent to known owners of record located within areas covered by the US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. For owners outside these areas, dealers should notify customers using the attached sample letter.
Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer prior to or by September 30, 2017. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Section 6.1.11 – Product Field Action Customer Reimbursement Procedure (USA & Canada) or local Policies and Procedures, for details.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN:______________________________
Dear General Motors Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2014-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD, GMC Sierra LD, Buick Encore, Chevrolet Trax, Chevrolet Caprice Police, and Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, 2014-2016 model year Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV, and Chevrolet SS vehicles and 2015-2017 model year Chevrolet Silverado HD, GMC Sierra HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade Cadillac Escalade ESV, Chevrolet Suburban, and Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles. As a result, GM is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we are concerned about your safety and continued satisfaction with our products.
|Why is your vehicle being recalled?||The sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) in your vehicle, which controls airbag and pretensioner deployment, contains a software defect which may prevent the deployment of frontal airbags and pretensioners in certain rare circumstances. If the frontal airbags and seatbelt pretensioners do not deploy when required, there is an increased risk of injury to occupants in a crash.|
|What will we do?||Your GM dealer will reprogram the SDM with new software that eliminates this defect. If your vehicle has any previous deployment events recorded in the SDM, your dealer will replace the existing SDM with a new SDM containing the latest software. This service will be performed for you at no charge. Because of service scheduling requirements, it is likely that your dealer will need your vehicle longer than the actual service correction time of approximately 20 minutes up to two hours.|
|What should you do?||You should contact your GM dealer to arrange a service appointment as soon as possible.|
|Did you already pay for this repair?||Even though you may have already had repairs for this condition, you will still need to take your vehicle to your dealer for additional repairs. If you have paid for repairs for the recall condition, please complete the enclosed reimbursement form and present it to your dealer with all required documents. Working with your dealer will expedite your request, however, if this is not convenient, you may mail the completed reimbursement form and all required documents to Reimbursement Department, PO Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170. The completed form and required documents must be presented to your dealer or received by the Reimbursement Department by October 31, 2017, unless state law specifies a longer reimbursement period.|
|Do you have questions?||If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.|
|Division||Number||Text Telephones (TTY)|
|Puerto Rico – English||1-800-496-9992|
|Puerto Rico – Español||1-800-496-9993|
If after contacting your dealer and the Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1.888.327.4236 (TTY 1.800.424.9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Campaign ID Number for this recall is 16V651.
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Jeffrey M. Boyer
Global Vehicle Safety
GM Recall 16007
63 Affected Products
|CHEVROLET||CAPRICE POLICE PURSUIT||2014-2017|
25 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-16V651-2475
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 8, 2016 Subject: 16007 - Safety Recall Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non DeployRCMN-16V651-3059
Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162048170 Release Date: September 2016 Revision: 01
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 10, 2017 Subject: 16007 03 - Safety Recall Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Revised Service Procedure and Warranty Information sectionsRCMN-16V651-4541
Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162048170 Release Date: July 2017 Revision: 03
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: October 3, 2016 Subject: 16007 02 - Safety Recall Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Revised Service Procedure sections and Customer Letter AddedRCMN-16V651-5188
Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162048170 Release Date: October 2016 Revision: 02
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-16V651-4780
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 13, 2016 Subject: 16007 01 - Safety Recall Frontal Airbag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Revised Warranty and Service Procedure sectionsRCMN-16V651-7149
Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162048170 Release Date: September 2016
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4RCLQRT-16V651-4690
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-16V651-2454
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 14, 2017 Subject: Safety Recall Bulletin 16007-03 Frontal Air Bag and Pretensioner Non Deploy Additional Information Regarding Recent Bulletin Revisions
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2RCLQRT-16V651-2968
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
Dealer FAQs 16Jul2018RMISC-16V651-5751
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 16, 2018 Subject: Service Programming System Warranty Claim Code Audit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)RCMN-16V651-4735
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 26, 2018 Subject: Select Safety and Noncompliance Recalls Closed Transactions Reopened Due to Warranty Audit
Recall Quarterly Report
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2018-1RCLQRT-16V651-0546
Latest Recalls Documents
To obtain the latest electronic controller calibration information for your vehicle, go to https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter the vehicle's 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select 'Get CAL ID’.
You can then compare the latest part number with the actual number installed on the vehicle to determine if a reprogram is needed.
The Service Programming System (SPS) application is part of the TIS2Web system. To program an ECU, the SPS application must communicate with the vehicle control modules using the proper J2534 programming interface tool.
The following are the supported interface tools:
The Tech 2 supports model years 1996 and beyond. With the addition of the CAN Diagnostic Interface (CANdi) module, Tech 2 is fully backward compatible with current Tech 2 functionality and operates transparently when diagnosing non-CAN-equipped vehicles.
The GM MDI is the Global Diagnostic tool for future vehicles starting with Global A vehicles. The GM MDI was introduced in the fall of 2007 for Pass-Thru programming and offers faster programming speed. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and into the future. Click here to view a list of GDS supported vehicles.
- 【High-End Diagnostic Tool for ECU Pro-gramming & Coding:14 Brands】LAUNCH X431 PAD V comes with J2534 protocols,which empowers you to program the blank ECUs,match the components,re-flash the second-hand ECUs,etc.you can perform OE-level diagnosis and pro-gramming for more accurate diagnosis and efficient car repair jobs to win more business!
- 【Online Functions +Flash Hidden Features】this diagnostic tool helps you pass-thru the gateway to access the data for coding.(for 2017 and later Chrysler,Dodge,Jeep,Alfa Romeo and Fiat).Guided Function (for V.A.G) ,step by step to guid you to diagnosis.Make full use of hidden features or disable car’s annoying functions.Offline Coding.Modification for BMW 👍it is designed for any professional mechanics and independent repair shops.save time and effort on repairs.
- 【Topology Map & All System Diagnosis for Deep Inspection】X431 PAD V auto scan tool new-added topology module mapping,it is easy to view the communication structure between modules.you can directly access all system to perform functions,view live data in graph.
- 【50+ Maintence Functions & Full Bi-Directional Control】LAUNCH X431 PAD V car diagnostic tool supports 50+ reset service,like key IMMO,abs bleeding,GEARBOX,Oil Reset,Injector coding, Gear Reset, SAS Reset, TPMS Reset, DPF Reset, BMS Reset, ETS Reset, AFS Reset, EGR Adaptation,etc.it also can perform bi-directional control on all systems,like ABS,fuel pumps,windows,doors,etc.
- 【99% Coverage & Support J2534/DoIP/CAN FD/RP1210 Diagnostic Protocols】LAUNCH X431 PAD V supports API standard Communication Interface,with the VCMI Vehicle Communication Measurement Interface.support D-PDU/J2534/RP1210 Protocols👍LAUNCH X431 PAD V scan tool support PEV ( pure electric vehicle ).👍Heavy Duty Software (need extra buy)diagnose gasoline vehicles & 24V Diesel Trucks/buses/trailers/excavators/construction machinery/pick-up/etc.
- 👍【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your tablet MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 !
- 👍Fully compatible with both SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 reprogramming standards and performs standard Pass Thru J2534 functionality. To check compatibility, please contact🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 👍Built-In Wireless with advanced networking functions and data storage. Fast performance ensures reprogramming even the newest controllers & Internet upgradable and updatable.
- 👍Attention: 1. After you ordered and received the J2534, please send us both of the S/N(12 digits, at the back of the device) of the J2534 and your MK908(P) /MS908S (Pro)/ Maxisys Elite to us to bind the two device together. 2. The functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before your order.
- 🚩🚩【2 Years Free Update, More effective than Autel MK908P/MS908S Pro】Autel MaxiSys Elite 2-year free update version, with the same functions and updated hardware from Autel MS908S Pro/MK908P, priced at $2900, making itself the most cost-effective high-end diagnostic scanner in Autel product line. (MS908S Pro/MK908P+2nd year update fees=$2399+$1295).
- 🚩🚩【Elite-Live Up to Its Name】 As the updated version of Autel MK908P/MS908CV, the MaxiSys Elite is more economical than Ultra which costs you 2000 bucks more. The flagship-product- MaxiSys Elite has equipped with a set of solid hardware such as ✅ Quad-core Processor- NVIDIA Tegra 4, ✅ 2GB RAM & 64GB ROM, ✅ 9.7” Retina display with ✅ 2048X1536 resolution,✅ Android 4.4.4 OS, ✅ 15400mAH battery, etc. We have prepared almost everything just to smooth a path for your vehicle diagnostic process.
- 🚩🚩【ECU Programming & Coding】To bring out your potential and maximize the profit, the MaxiSys Elite has featured two essential functions-ECU Coding & Programming which empowers you to 👍 program the blank ECUs, 👍 match the components, 👍 reflash the second-hand ECUs, 👍 flash the hidden functions. And also, you can pass thru the gateway to access online data, because the Elite is compatible with J2534 interface. 👉NOTE: ONLY SUPPORTED IN U.S. MARKET.
- 🚩🚩【36+ Special Functions & Full-System Diagnosis】The 36+ special functions can help you cope with variety of DTCs as easy as ABC. Here is a list of commonly used special functions, maybe you can find something you’ve been looking for👉: Oil Light Reset, Steering Angle Reset, Injector Coding, ABS Bleeding, TPMS Reset, EPB Reset, Suspension Reset, etc. As for the full-system diagnostic, the Elite allows you to root out the problems hidden in the onboard systems such as👉 PCM, ECM, EPS, PDM, BCM, TPM, SCCM, RADIO, etc.
- 🚩🚩【Online Functions & Active Test】The MaxiSys Elite also provides you with some high-end functions which helps you to pass-thru the gateway to access online vehicle repair data for instance the online coding for VW, Audi, Porsche, Benz, BMW and the online configuration for Renault and so on. To help you to build a bridge to mutual communicate with the onboard systems, the active test can send the orders to ECUs and control the onboard modules such as PDM, SMF, RSM, TCU, etc.
- 👍【SAME AS MK908P & BETTER TECH SUPPORT】 MS908S Pro has EXACTLY the same diagnostics and service functions as MK908P and Autel MaxiSys Elite. Unlike online product MK908P, MS908S Pro is a mature product that has been tested and approved by workshops across US! NOTE: MS908S Pro is for North & South America only, and support English only.
- 👍【J-2534 ECU PROGRAMMING】Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro is a professional automotive diagnostic scanner that utilizes powerful Cortex A7+A15 six-core processor that can perform OE level all systems diagnostics and various special functions. With J2534 ECU Programming Device included, it is capable of replacing the existing software & firmware and programming new ECUs(PCM, ECM) for specific BMW and Benz.
- 👍【25 SPECIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PROS】 Autel MS908S Pro is an advanced auto scan tools that can perform various special functions: Oil Reset, EPB reset, DPF Regen, ABS Bleed, SAS, Battery Registration, Injector Coding, Power Balance, Crankshaft Variation Learn and etc. NOTE: Special Functions are NOT universally compatible. Pls send VIN to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility before purchase.
- 👍【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】 MS908S Pro diagnostic scanner computer covers more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes. The scan tool can work on most OBDII-compliant vehicles to locate check engine issues, 80+ makes and models to scan all available systems. For special functions, coverage varies across vehicles, please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 to check compatibility first.
- 👍【HASSLE-FREE PURCHASE】 Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro car scanner comes with 12 Months FREE software updates and services and is backed by Amazon 30 Day Return Policy. If there are any issues or concerns, please contact us directly via 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 for prompt tech support and best after-sales services! Purchase now to solve drivability issues, emission issues and save both time & money.
- [J2534 COMPLIANT] - The Mastertech II is a J2534-1 and J2534-2 compliant VCI for OEM reprogramming and diagnostic applications
- [FULLY VALIDATED BY TOP 6 OEMS] - Mastertech II has been fully validated to operate with the top 6 OEM reprogramming applications: GM, Ford, FCA, Nissan/Infinity, Honda/Acura, and Toyota/Lexus
- [PRE-CONFIGURED] - The pre-configured wireless and wired connections make it quick and easy to connect to a vehicle from your PC (requires PC compliant with OE specifications and software)
- [RIGHT TO REPAIR] - Supports 'Right to Repair' (R2R) initiatives
- [COMPREHENSIVE KIT] - Kit includes: VCI, WiFi adapters (wireless PC to VCI), J1962 Cable (connect to vehicle), USB cable (connect to PC for firmware updates and setup), and Quick Start Guide
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- WIFI Version VXDIAG VCX Nano compatible for TOYOTA and Lexus, support both USB connection and WIFI connection, support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- You can download the vxmanager online, if you have any license problem please send us the serial number to extend the license
- One year warranty. Please contact us via order center if you have any problem with software installation
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces. We recommend you use official software, if not you can contact us for trial version program
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- How to resolve "License Expired" issue?: 1.Please download latest vx manager and install it. 2. Connect device to laptop with network, open new vx manager, click "Firmware" to update, then click "Update license" to renew.
- Using Tips:1. Please do download the user manual on this page before purchasing. 2. Please read the user manual carefully before you start using the device, if you need online techinical support you can join our team group. 3. We provide free exchange or return service if the hardware has any issue
- VXDIAG SVCI J2534 can compatible with SAE J2534-1 and partly compatible with SAE J2534-2. It supports most of vehicle communication protocols and can be used as PassThru device for many dealer level diagnostic software. And it can be used as a ELM327 device also, support most of ELM327 software.
- High speed host communication and Stable host communication. (with RTS/CTS flow control).Host communication is high-speed and stable, keeping the diagnosis smooth. And the programming function requires the original online account .（Not work for the Ford F serial cars, like F150,F250,F350,F450）
- [Switch on the Interface] There is a switch button on the interface. Please do press the switch button for the Module you want enter in. Pressed: works as ELM327 mode Released: works as J2534 mode
- VXDIAG SVCI J2534 is compatible with Ford / Mazda IDS,Only need to do two steps to Installs software. First,Install FVDI J2534 start software,then install the original brand vehicle software,For example, Ford, Mazda.(Before install the software,pls turn off your antivirus software )
- For software installation, please feel free to contact our online customer service.
- 🌝[Vehicle Coverage] VXDIAG VCX NANO fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2. All current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- 🚗[Functional] ●USB vehicle-to-PC connectivity●Supports Windows,XP●CE and FCC compliance for hardware●Firmware Updatable. 【SPS】Service Programming System: ◎Passthrough programming on GM past model and Global A vehicles◎Increase reprogramming speed 20-70% and get ready to service new models.
- 🚗[GDS] Global Diagnostic System: ◎New Diagnostic Application Software required for all GM Global Architecture (Global A) Vehicles. ◎GDS & GDS2 is software which runs on a specific PC. Updates received via TIS2Web.
- 🚗[Efficient&Convenience] Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports.Quickly attaches to vehicle's diagnostic connector. Mixed fleet capabilities with broad protocol support.May be used with desktop PC or laptop. Please download the latest vxmanager from vxdiag official website.
- 🚩 Use new vxmanager to update firmware and driver and then update your device authorization. Installation Tips: Please turn off anti-virus software before install, make sure your computer at least 4GB.Tech2win software only installed on 32bit computer and on physical system. GDS software need install on 64bit computer and use vmware machine. If the device's CD you received have something wrong, please contact us for software link.
- 【XP400 Programmer 】XP400 is to read transponder data (especially Benz infrared smart key), clone and generate exclusive keys, read/write on-board EEPROM data, etc. IMMO application provides Smart Mode and Expert Mode to guide technicians performing IMMO related functions, including Key Learning, Remote Control Learning, Remote Control Add, etc. Please send VIN number to▲Autelonline @ outlook . com▲ to check compatibility before purchasing.
- 【KEY PROGRAMMING Function】The most advanced and smart key programming tool that combines the most powerful IMMO and programming functions with OE-level diagnostics and advanced service functions in one Android based 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet, it helps perform complete key programming quickly.
- 【IMMO & J2534 Reprogrammer】The Wireless Diagnostic Interface supports two communication methods with the tablet: BT and USB. The working range for BT communication is about 210 feet (70 m). You can perform key programming and vehicle diagnosis on various vehicles conveniently, by pairing the tablet separately to each of the MaxiFlash.【 Note: J2534 can't program ECU with the IM608】
- 【ECU CODING & ACTIVE TEST & 23 Services Function】Bi-directional control of the ECM is useful in determining whetherthe ECM responds to a command well. And Auto VIN Identification, ECU Coding are available for IM608. Most useful service including: Oil Reset Service/ EPB Service/ BMS Service/ SAS Service/ DPF Service etc.
- 【No IP Lock & 1 Year Free Update + Life-long time tech-support】More langauage are available such as French, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Russian. Please contact by providing SN if needing authorized. 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙫𝙚𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝟮𝟬𝟭𝟵, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙪𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟭
Last update on 2021-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2021-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API