August 10, 2023 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 23V564000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 23V564
Manufacturer Isuzu Motors Limited
Components ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 19,479
Isuzu Motors Limited (Isuzu) is recalling certain 2023-2024 NPR Gas, NPR HD Gas, 2024 NQR Gas, NRR Gas, 2023-2024 Chevrolet LCF 3500HG, Chevrolet LCF 4500HG, 2024 Chevrolet LCF 5500HG, and Chevrolet LCF 5500XG vehicles. The chassis harness may have an incorrectly sized wire seal for the 2 externally mounted engine ignition coil pack fuse holders, which can allow water intrusion and cause the fuses to corrode.
Dealers will replace both engine ignition coil pack fuse holder assemblies, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed September 29, 2023. Owners may contact Isuzu customer service at 1-866-441-9638. Isuzu’s number for this recall is V2305.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety Recall identified above.
Q1) Which vehicles are involved?
A1) Isuzu Motors Limited has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2023 and 2024 model year Chevrolet Low Cab Forward vehicles equipped with 6.6L (RPO L8T) gasoline engines.
Q2) What is the issue or condition?
A2) In the affected vehicles, an incorrectly sized wire seal was selected for the 2 externally mounted engine ignition coil pack fuse holders. This results in the potential for water intrusion into the fuse holders and eventual corrosion or failure of the fuses.
Q3) What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?
Q4) What is the remedy/repair?
A4) Dealers will apply a silicone sealant to the rear of the existing fuse holder plug.
Q5) What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?
A5) If the ignition coil pack fuses corrode or fail, one or more of the following events may occur, in each case increasing the risk of a crash: (1) the Check Engine Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) may illuminate and the engine may misfire and result in reduced power output and slower than normal acceleration; (2) the vehicle may derate and limit maximum vehicle speed to 5 MPH (power steering and power brake assist will still function normally); and (3) if you shut off the engine, it may stall when you try to start it and not restart.
Q6) Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?
A6) No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.
Q7) Is the remedy/repair available now?
A7) No, when a sufficient quantity of parts are available, the recall bulletin will be released, and dealers can begin repairing vehicles.
Q8) What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?
A8) If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.
Q9) How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?
A9) Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
Q10) If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?
A10) Courtesy transportation is not applicable to Medium Duty vehicles. Towing is covered to the nearest Chevrolet Medium Duty dealer if your vehicle cannot be driven because of a warrantied defect. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #07-00-89-037: Warranty Administration – GM Courtesy Transportation and Roadside Assistance Programs for further information.
August 10, 2023
ISUZU Campaign: V2305
Chronology of Defect Determination
Describe the chronology of events leading up to the defect determination decision.
On December 27, 2022, Isuzu North America Corporation (INAC) QA was made aware of a Technical Assistance (TAL) Case from Isuzu Commercial Truck of America (ICTA) in which a technician reported corrosion on one of the externally mounted ignition coil pack fuses on a 2023MY NPRHD gasoline vehicle. The field report indicated that the vehicle exhibited a Check Engine MIL and reduced engine power. INAC QA was unable to recover any parts from this case.
Between December 27, 2022 and January 8, 2023, INAC QA received 2 additional reports of corroded fuses. One case stated that the driver experienced a crank no start condition while the other stated that the driver experienced a Check Engine MIL and engine misfire.
On January 11, 2023, Isuzu Technical Center of America (ITCA) and Isuzu North America Corporation (INAC) QA, together with Isuzu Motors Limited (IML) and Isuzu Technical Center of America (ITCA), Inc. (collectively, Isuzu), promptly launched an investigation.
On February 16, 2023, INAC QA, after receiving returned warranty ignition coil pack fuse holders from the field, contacted American Furukawa (the vehicle chassis harness supplier) and requested them to study the returned warranty parts in order to determine the water leak path.
On March 8, 2023, American Furukawa reported to INAC QA that it was unable to determine the exact water intrusion entry point.
On March 23, 2023, ITCA completed its preliminary analysis and discovered that the incorrect seal part number was used on both ignition coil pack fuse holders. This incorrect seal did not create a proper interference fit on the smaller of the two wires at the rear of the fuse holder, resulting in a potential water intrusion path into the fuse holder cavity and fuse.
On March 24, 2023, INAC QA reviewed the current field cases and confirmed that the rate of reported cases from the field was low (Incident Rate Per Thousand Vehicles was 3.75. Moreover, the rate of incoming claims from the field decreased month over month from the peak in January 2023. Of the reported cases, most reported a Check Engine MIL with either engine misfire or an engine derate (reduction to about 5 mph acceleration). Notwithstanding the low rate and declining number of field incidents, INAC QA requested ITCA to perform a risk assessment study and confirm the potential failure modes in the event the ignition coil pack fuse(s) becomes corroded or fails.
Between March 24 and May 25, 2023, ITCA also studied other potential leak paths into the fuse holder, and on May 25, 2023, ITCA confirmed that the only leak path was from the rear wire seal. During this period, the field incident rate of engine performance issues remained low.
In the meantime, on April 23, 2023, based on ITCA’s findings, ITCA submitted an Engineering Change Request (ECR) to the supplier to correct the ignition coil pack fuse holder seal/wire combination by increasing the smaller wire size from 2.1mm to 2.9mm.
Between May 31, 2023, and July 12, 2023, IML in conjunction with ITCA began studying an interim countermeasure.
- Throughout this period, Isuzu continued to monitor field incidents and confirmed that they remained low. ITCA completed the interim countermeasure study and confirmed that the application of Cemedaine Super X 8008 silicone sealant to the rear of the fuse holder plug will provide sufficient sealing performance for the connection.
- On July 12, 2023, the Charlotte production team began to apply silicone sealant to the rear of the ignition coil pack fuse holder plugs on production vehicles. All vehicles produced after this date have silicone applied.
On July 19, 2023, INAC QA obtained a vehicle and testing equipment in order to perform a duplication test to validate ITCA’s risk assessment.
On July 20, 2023, to July 31, 2023, after receiving ITCA’s risk assessment, INAC QA studied the consequences of a corroded ignition coil pack fuse on the functioning of an actual vehicle to validate ITCA’s risk assessment and to understand the warning signs to the driver as fuse corrosion progresses from light corrosion to a later stage of heavy corrosion. During this study INAC QA confirmed:
- When one fuse becomes lightly corroded (50 to 1000 ohm resistance), the vehicle illuminates the Check Engine MIL and an audible misfire is heard from the engine. These are accompanied by a very noticeable shake or vibration due to the engine misfire.
- The vehicle also exhibits reduced power with no engine derate, which was observed as slower than normal acceleration (roughly 30% increased acceleration times). In addition, drivers will notice a fuel smell from the exhaust.
- Drivers would be given multiple indications (sight, sound, smell, feel) that the engine was not operating properly.
- To evaluate the consequences should a driver ignore these warning signs, INAC QA tested this possibility by inducing a higher resistance (>1000 ohms) in one ignition coil pack circuit. This resulted in a flashing Check Engine MIL, engine derate, and a speed reduction to 5 MPH; however, power steering and power brake assist were still retained since the engine remained running.
- Based on this test, Isuzu concluded that if a driver had ignored the prior warnings, the vehicle could still be controlled with power assist brakes and power assist steering, but that accelerator function would be greatly reduced and the vehicle would be limited to a maximum speed of 5 MPH.
- To further evaluate the consequences of disregarding these warnings, INAC QA then induced resistance in both circuits, resulting in an engine stall and an inability to restart the engine.
On August 1, 2023, Isuzu reviewed the work done to date, the details of the field cases, and risk assessment findings.
Although Isuzu is not aware of any crashes, property damage claims, injuries or deaths associated with this issue, in an abundance of caution, on August 4, 2023, Isuzu decided to conduct a safety-related defect recall to address this concern.
8 Affected Products
|ISUZU||CHEVROLET LCF 3500HG||2023-2024|
|ISUZU||CHEVROLET LCF 4500HG||2023-2024|
|ISUZU||CHEVROLET LCF 5500HG||2024|
|ISUZU||CHEVROLET LCF 5500XG||2024|
8 Associated Documents
August 10, 2023 DET-23-101 ISUZU Campaign: V2305 Chronology of Defect DeterminationRMISC-23V564-5585
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-23V564-1404
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – GM Date: August 10, 2023 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Safety Recall N232419340RCMN-23V564-2748
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – STOP SALE AND DELIVERY – SAFETY RECALL Date: August 11, 2023 Subject: Stop Sale and Delivery for Upcoming Safety Recall
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – GM August 25, 2023 Subject: N232419340 – Safety RecallRCMN-23V564-6812
Remedy Instructions and TSBRCRIT-23V564-5740
Latest Recalls Documents
For the Latest and Most Recent Recalls Information Visit the link below…
- 🚛【2023 Most Professional DPF Regen & Reset Tool】F802 heavy duty truck code reader support fully exclusive OEM-level DPF functions fit for Cummins, Detroit, Caterpillar, International, Volvo, Isuzu, Fuso, Hino. F802 diesel scanner diagnostic tool can perform DPF regen, DPF reset, DPF related information reset, DPR state reset, DPD forced regen, Forced DPR Regen, Ash Service Regen, Reset the soot level, etc, to make your truck breathe smoothly and recover power performance quickly.
- 🚛【Available for Cummins】F802 heavy duty truck scanner support full systems diagnosis, alll basic functions and dpf regen & reset for Cummins engine: ISB/ISD/ISL/ISG/ISX/ISC/ISF/ISM/ISBe/QSM11/ISM/QSX15/ISC/ISN/ISK/X12/X15/L9/B6.7/L9N/QSB,etc. F802 heavy duty scanner support vehicle models like Freightliner/Kenworth/International/Peterbilt/Volvo Truck/Western Star/Kenworth/Autocar/Western Star Mack/Ford/Autocar/RAM/Terex/Bluebird and more.
- 🚛【Available for Caterpillar & International】F802 heavy duty truck scan tool fit for Caterpillar engine: C7/C9/ C11/C13/C15/C32; Support Caterpillar 320D/320E/312E/312F, Ford Pick-up F-650/750, Freightliner M2/Argosy, Peterbilt 379/387/385/378/357, Kenworth C500, etc. F802 heavy duty code reader can work on International engine: MaxxForce 5/7/11/13/15/DT9/DT10, International A26; Support international HV/HX /LT/RH Series, DuraStar/WorkStar/CXT and more.
- 🚛【Available for Detroit & Paccar】F802 heavy truck scanner can work on Detroit engine: Series 50/55/60, MBE 900/4000, OM501/502, DDDL 6/7, DD5/8/13/15/16; Support Freightliner: Cascadia/M2/M2 106 Plus/M2 112 Plus/108SD/108SD Plus/114SD/114SD Plus/122SD, Western Star: 4700/4800/4900/6900, 47X/49X/57X/X-Series. F802 diesel code reader fit for Paccar engine: PX-7/PX-9, MX-11/MX-13; Support Kenworth K270E/K370E/W990/T180 - T880, Peterbilt 579/389/567/367/365/548/535/536/537/220, ect.
- 🚛【Available for Volvo & Hino】F802 dpf regen tool is compatible with Volvo engine: Volvo(J1708), Volvo(500K) ( D11, D13, D13TC); Support Volvo HD truck FM7/9/10/12, FH12/16/565, FH16, FL10/FL12/FL6/FL7, NH12/535/565, F10/12/16. F802 diesel obd2 scanner can work on Hino engine: A09C/J05E/J05C/J05D/J07E/J08E/S05C/N04C/N05C/A09C/E13C/P11C,etc; Support Hino 300/500/600/700, Retro, Hino bus, Hino Coach, Hyundai, KATO, Kobelco, Takeuchi, etc.
- 🍉➤【Support Full Systems for Heavy Duty Truck】 NL102 PLUS supports read and clear DTC, live data, ECU information for truck all systems. Including Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension, ABS, ESP, Cluster, E-xhaust, P-articular, Suspension, Braking System, Cab Climate, Body Control, Instrument Panel, Fuel System and more, which are in compliance with J1939, J1708 and J1587 protocols, It includes almost American HD trucks(Class4-Class8), it is recommended that customers confirm before purchase that if they comply with the years and agreements supported by NL102P before purchasing.
- 🍋➤【Professional DPF Regeneration Tool】Force DPF Regen work on Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, ISUZU, HINO engine,It covers almost all US trucks, supported advanced features: DPF Regeneration,D-O-C Cleaning Procedures, DPF Regeneration in Parking, DPF Regeneration in Driving, DPF Onboard. NL102P's tool helps you re-awaken the engine power When the diesel p-articulates of the engine accumulate. It will save $800-$2500 for truck owners a year.
- 🍊➤【Excellent Oil Light Reset】NL102 PLUS support Oil service reset work on Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce engine. when the replacement of engine oil is done, the truck system calculates when to change the engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. An oil change is required whenever indicated by the display, otherwise it will affect the engine maintenance and life. The NL102P truck scanner offers help to reset the Oil Life Reminder (Determine the Oil Service Light), ensure your driving safety.
- 🍐➤【All OBD/EOBD Diagnosis】NL102 PLUS supports both all 12V and all 24V truck, and it comes with 6 pin, 9 pin and 16 pin adapters for different interfaces. NL102 PLUS can read and earse the trouble codes, determine the MIL (check your Truck engine) and I/M Readiness, Freeze Frame, Live Data, O-xygen Sensor Test, On-Board Monitor, Vehicle Identification Info. Built in a DTC lookup library you can find the related code definition to help you determine if your car needs repair. In order to ensure that you can use the NL102P, please check the manual before purchasing.
- 🍎➤【Powerful Coverage for Trucks】NL102P diagnostic scanner support all truck standard protocols SAEJ1939/ J1587/ J1708,it work on heavy duty trucks/ mini vans/ buses/ pickups,full systems are compatible with Cummings, Detroit, Maxxforce, Caterpillar, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, John Deere, Peterbilt, Sterling, Mack, Paccar, Westernstar, Volvo, Scania, Man, Renault, ERF, Foden, Seddon-Atkinson, Iveco, DAF, SISU, STEYR, ISUZU, Fuso, Hino, ect;all cars/ mini truck/ light duty from 1996, If you are not sure if NL102P supports your truck, please confirm with us through the message.
- 🔎【Comprehensive Full Systems Diagnostic Tool For Truck】Launch Heavy Duty Truck Diagnostic Tool offers OE-Level diagnosis for all systems of heavy truck/Pickups/Bus/Van in compliance with OBD-II Communication Modes 1-10 and J1587, J1708 and J1939 protocols,Including Engine, Transmission, Drivetrain, Suspension, ABS, ESP, Cluster, E-xhaust, P-articular, Suspension, Braking System, Cab Climate, Body Control, Instrument Panel, Fuel System and more.
- 🔥【All OBD/EOBD Diagnosis】This truck scanner diagnostic tool supports both most 12V and 24V truck, and it comes with 6 pin, 9 pin and 16 pin adapters for different interfaces. Our truck scan tool can read codes, erase codes, I/M Readiness, Live data, EVAP Test. . . etc for obd2/eobd cars. Built in a DTC lookup library you can find the related code definition to help you determine if your car needs repair.
- 🚚【Wide Truck Applications】Heavy duty truck scan tool covers almost J1587, J1708 and J1939 protocols heavy duty trucks and OBD II vehicles. Such as Cummins, Paccar, Detroit, Perkins, International, Peterbilt, Allison, Eaton, Ford duty trucks and so on, Covers class 4 (14,001 lbs) through class 8 (33,000 lbs and over) heavy duty trucks. One that meets all the requirements! NOTE:Compatibility will vary on vehicles model and year, please send V-IN to check the compatibility before purchase.
- 💡【Friendly Design, Easy of Use】This heavy duty diagnostic scan tool is plug and play, simple and convenient, The excellent 2.8 inch LCD color screen makes it easy to view the displayed results and gives you a better overview of your car's problem areas and the identified codes. In addition, the processor is super-fast and responds without lagging, providing maximum comfort and efficiency in diagnostic and service work.
- ✨【3 YEARS WARRANTY & FREE LIFETIME UPDATES】The diesel truck scanner is exclusively designed for US truck. it's come With a full service functions and full systems and provides 24/7 technical support, 3 years warranty, 90-days free return for refund or replacement. This diesel scan tool is suitable for auto repair shops and technicians.No subscription fee and free lifetime updates.
- 【2023 Newest OBD2 Scanner Diagnostic Tool】NC610 car scan diagnostic tool adopts new smart chip and latest user interface design, which perfectly combines OBDII 16-pin and 9-pin (gasoline and diesel). This OBD2 car code reader can easily determine why the check engine light is on, quickly read and erase diagnostic trouble codes, freeze frames, I/M monitor ready status, battery test, smoke test, fuel test, trouble code query library (50000+), read data stream and data playback function.
- 【Heavy Duty Truck Diagnosis + Powerful Data Streaming】: HD OBD heavy duty truck scanner can quickly read engine fault codes (stored fault codes, intermittent, permanent, recorded fault codes) and clear codes, retrieve vehicles Information as well as complete data streams, classify data streams Display real-time vehicle sensor data in text and graphs so you can view them more intuitively. Suitable for Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, Packard and other diesel engines with 9-pin connector.
- 【Vehicle coverage】: OBD2 scanner is suitable for most OBDII-compliant vehicles updated after 1996 (OBDII protocol//16-pin diagnostic interface: J1850 (PWM, VPW), ISO_9141-2, ISO_14230-4 (KWP , KWP-5BPS), ISO_15765-4 (CAN, CAN-B, CAN-C, CAN-D)) Compatible vehicles - cars, light trucks, pickups, SUVs, etc. Compliant with J1939 protocol // 9-pin diagnostic interface for light and heavy trucks, engineering vehicles, agricultural vehicles, buses, etc.
- 【The latest design】: Humzor NC610 car OBD2 scanner adopts the latest interface and 2.8" large screen, long-term use will not cause eye fatigue. It is also equipped with three fault indicator lights to display the status, so that you can understand the vehicle status more intuitively and at the same time can execute the car Battery Voltage Test - 12V/24V.
- 【Instructions for use】: NC610 OBD2 car code reader is delivered with a portable tool box and a 9-pin connector. If you encounter any problems when using the NC610 professional scanning tool, you can directly contact us through Amazon Support or send us an email, and we will provide you with professional technical support. We provide hassle-free return service If you are not satisfied with the product, you can contact us directly, we will provide you with efficient after-sales service.
- COMPATIBLE WITH all heavy duty trucks in compliance with standard protocols (J1587, J1939 and J1708).
- BEST IN CLASS INNOVATION- iCarsoft HD V3.0 can do it all-reads and clears trouble codes on most systems such as engine, transmission, ABS and airbag etc. Supports OBDII/EOBD, with Ten Modes of Operation, read live data, full ECU diagnosis etc.It automatically detects your car model and scans all modules for error codes. This special technology allows for specific diagnostic functions and testing!
- DYNAMIC TEST CAPABILITIES- The Multi-lingual function allows you to view & graph live data in color while graphing at a blazing fast refresh rates for quicker results. Our OBD2 scanner allows you to read pending DTCs and permanent DTCs with a DTC Library to lookup while operating the tool. Providing you with accurate data results for all your error codes
- DIAGNOSTIC FUNCTIONS & ADVANCED FEATURES- Along with the standard OBD functionscalibrate,Headlamp adjustment,Freeze Frame, O2 Sensor Test, and Evap System Test are just a few of the special functions this professional quality car scanner provides
- TRY IT RISK FREE- Whether you’re your own personal auto mechanic or you’re a business owner, you’ll fall in love with our compact design of this diagnostic scanner. Its pocket-size and perfect for allowing diagnostic tests inside or outside of the car. No batteries required just plug it into the OBD II port and you’re all set. If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, please contact us for a full hassle-free refund or replacement!
- 🚛Bluetooth Diesel Diagnostic Tool & OBD2 Scanner - ANCEL HD120 is an unique wireless OBD scanner for diesel trucks and gasoline vehicles. It provides all system diagnostics for all semi, light and heavy equipment that comply with the HDOBD sprotocols. With its precise and fast fault detection capabilities, it eliminates the need for guesswork when troubleshooting truck issues. It can also function as a complete OBD2 scanner for cars and pickups , allows you to check and clear engine faults.
- 🔥Easy to install & Use,Lifetime Software Update - Simply download the Ancel Trucker app from the App Store or Google Play and follow the guided steps to log in. The user-friendly interface allows you to easily access and view readings on your iOS or Android smartphone, providing you with accurate and reliable diagnostic information at an OEM level. Note:for accurate Bluetooth pairing, it is recommended to enable location services on your phone. (Without any hidden fees.)
- 👍Powerful DPF Regeneration & Reset for International & Volvo - Supports exclusive OEM-level regeneration and reset functions for International and Volvo trucks, helping you achieve better MPG, throttle response, understand the level of filter blockage and total usage time, longer unit life, shorter downtime, and more frequent regeneration (passive), and save inspection records. Saves you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repair costs.
- 👍All System Diagnostics for Trucks - ANCEL HD120 diesel scan tool supports full system diagnostics for truck engines, transmissions, ABS, chassis, etc. It works for Freightliner, International, Kenworth, Mack, Mercedes Truck, Peterbilt, Sterling, Western Star, Volvo, BobCat, Case, Caterpillar, John Deere, Komatsu, Terex and also compatible with engines and transmissions from Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, Paccar, Allison, Bendix, Eaton, Wabco, ZF and more.
- 🚍Compact & Easy to Carry or Store - With its compact design weighing only 8 ounces, the HD120 is equipped with commonly used 16-pin and 9-pin interfaces. You won't need to worry about additional screens or heavy cables, and it allows you to carry it with you or store it in your toolbox, always ready to be used whenever you need it.
- Powerful and Cost-Effective - An essential heavy duty truck scanner designed for heavy duty truck owner-operators and small commercial fleets. With the Diesel Decoder, just plug the diesel scan tool into the diagnostic port and pair with the free smartphone app to access in-depth HD diagnostic information.
- Swift and Adaptable - This heavy duty truck scanner recognizes both diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) and brand-specific error codes for prevalent heavy-duty truck brands in North America, such as Freightliner, Peterbilt, Mack, Kenworth, Volvo, Western Star, among others and give the ability to perform DPF regens on select model years of Cummins, International, Detroit, Isuzu, Paccar, Mercedes, Hino and Mack/Volvo.
- Instant Repair Help - The diesel scan tool seamlessly connects to the Diesel Laptops comprehensive Diesel Repair Platform library so you can immediately start diagnosing and repairing any problems and get back on the road as soon as possible.
- Continuous Enhancement - Benefit from direct feature additions and updates via the app, our heavy duty truck scanner will continue to have functionality added over time. This removes the hassle of lengthy update processes and the financial strain of renewing costly diagnostic gear.
- 【Extensive Compatibility】After the upgrade, the compatibility is wider and more accurate! HD601 PRO heavy duty truck scanner supports all major truck models that comply with standard protocols (SAE J1939, SAE J1708, ISO 14230-4, ISO 15764-4 and ISO 9141-2, ISO 27145-4 and Euro6). Such as Cummins, Paccar, Detroit, Perkins, Freightliner, International, Peterbilt, Ford, Class 4-Class 8 trucks, etc. It also check engine diagnosis on most cars, minivans and light trucks from 1996 and latest.
- 【OE-Level Full System Diagnostic】HD601 PRO Diesel Scanner supports all system scans of heavy trucks compliant with standard protocols SAE J1939 & J1708, such as Engine, ABS, Transmission, Braking System, ESP, EPS, Fuel System, etc, It is a great scan tool for Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, Perkins, Maxxforce, BendixWabash, Wabaco, Haldex, Allison, Eaton heavy trucks, With this truck tool, you can get deep analysis data about the system and do some repairs by yourself, saving much time and money.
- 【Enhanced Diesel OBD Scanner】As a 2-in-1 code reader, it supports the latest ISO27145 and Euro6 protocols and enables diagnosis of car and truck engines. In addition to reading codes, clearing codes and displaying live data in a text or graphic format for trucks, you can also retrieve vehicle information, view freeze frames and look up DTCs. To ensure that this device works with different engines, it is also equipped with 6, 9 and 16 pin cables that allow you to easily turn off the CEL light.
- 【DTC Library】+【Life Time Free Update】The built-in DTC library allows you to retrieve the codes directly without searching for the definition in the book. Whether you are a professional mechanic or a DIY car owner, HD601 diesel scanner explains the existing problem, makes it easier for you to understand the codes definition and fix the problem faster. Plus, you get a lifetime free internet updates, so you always have the latest software for diagnostics in English and Spanish languages.
- 【Friendly Design, Easy of Use】This scanner is plug and play, simple and convenient, and very friendly for beginners. With improved buttons for easy menu navigation. The excellent 2.8 inch LCD color screen makes it easy to view the displayed results and gives you a better overview of your car's problem areas and the identified codes. In addition, the processor is super-fast and responds without lagging, providing maximum comfort and efficiency in diagnostic and service work.
- 🔹【Revolutionary Bluetooth Code Reader for Cars and Trucks】 Tired of cumbersome diagnostic cables? The ANCEL HD100 Heavy Duty Truck Scanner is the first wireless diagnostic tool to feature a dual OBDII 16-pin and Green 9-pin interface for both gasoline and diesel vehicles. ✅This diesel code reader provides comprehensive diagnostics without the need for bulky cables and adapters, thanks to its industrial-grade Bluetooth module.✅Compact and lightweight, it delivers comprehensive diagnostics for cars, trucks, and loaders, enabling quick troubleshooting of diesel issues.
- 🔹【Easy To Use And Set Up】 Simply download the ANCEL TRUCKER app to your smartphone, register, and connect. The app features a user-friendly interface that is ideal for beginners and professionals alike. Note that for optimal Bluetooth pairing accuracy, the phone's location feature should be enabled. 👉Compatible with Apple and Android smartphones only, not tablets.
- 🚍【Powerful Forced Regen Tool for Cummins&Caterpillar】 Supports exclusive OEM-level regeneration and reset functions for Cummins and Caterpillar diesel engines, helps you get better MPG, throttle response, longer unit life, less downtime and frequent regeneration (passive). Save hundreds or even thousands of dollars in repair costs.
- 🚍【Enhanced Full System HDOBD Scanner with Auto Scan】The HD100 commercial truck system diagnostics enable you to seamlessly read and clear all electronic modules, encompassing the truck's engine, ABS, transmission, and chassis. It also provides support for transmissions and ABS from leading manufacturers such as Allison, Bendix, Eaton, Wabco, and ZF. Ideal for both garage and on-the-road use, this compact diesel scan tool ensures efficient and rapid completion of tasks.
- 🚍【Compatible with Top US Trucks】This compact diagnostic tool streamlines truck repairs and supports the latest standard diedel code reader protocols SAE J1939, SAE J1708, and ISO 27145. It caters to 99% of truckers and truck fleets, offering comprehensive support for engines such as Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit, and Paccar. Additionally, it is widely compatible with popular truck brands including Freightliner, International, Kenworth, Mack, Peterbilt, Sterling, Western Star, and Volvo.
- ❶【What is the KC601】 It is the latest portable vehicle heavy duty code reader. You can use it to quickly and efficiently read DTCs in the vehicle's electrical control system, diagnose the fault location and find out the cause of the fault. Good for all auto repair shops to read and clear fault codes and read live data.
- ❷【Powerful Functions】KC601 scanner is able to read and clear fault codes of all major systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, and supports checking body, chassis, cruise, instrument cluster, gateway and other control modules. Equipped with a standard OBDII diagnostic jack, allowing you to diagnose DTCs in your vehicle's electrical control system anytime, anywhere.
- ❸【Unmatched Compatibility】KZYEE's KC601 diagnostic scanner supports heavy-duty vehicles in compliance with standard protocols (J1939 or J1587/J1708). Covers most ECU such as Cummins, Freightliner, International, Kenworth, Mack, VOLVO, etc. Power is supplied directly from the vehicle. Included are both a 6-pin and 9-pin cable for maximum vehicle compatibility and a micro USB cable for internet update.
- ❹【User-friendly design】The 2.8-inch, 320*240 LED display meets the operating habits of each user. The well-designed appearance, menu and functions of the products support the all-in-one function of OBD/EOBD vehicles, multi-language and LED -guided operation. Easy operation and high practicability
- ❺【100% Satisfactory Service】What you get ➤KZYEE KC601 high performance code reader, user manual, USB cable, storage bag, OBDII cable and diesel-6 and diesel-9 cable. KZYEE offers 30 days return policy & 1 years warranty & lifetime technical support & friendly customer service.
Last update on 2023-11-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
OMB Control No.: 2127-0004 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-564 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Manufacturer Name : Isuzu Motors Limited Submission Date : AUG 10, 2023 NHTSA Recall No. : 23V-564 Manufacturer Recall No. : V2305 Manufacturer Information : Manufacturer Name : Isuzu Motors Limited Address : 46401 Commerce Center Drive Plymouth MI 48170-2473 Company phone : 866-441-9638 Population : Number of potentially involved : 19,479 Estimated percentage with defect : 100 % Vehicle Information : Vehicle 1 : 2023-2024 ISUZU NPR Gas Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided. [1,208] Production Dates : APR 12, 2022 – JUL 10, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DB4W1D4PS200018 End : 54DB4W1D1RS207589 ✔ Not sequential Vehicle 2 : 2023-2024 ISUZU NPR HD Gas Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided. [11,788] Production Dates : APR 11, 2022 – JUL 12, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DC4J1D9PS200006 End : 54DC4W1D2RS207718 ✔ Not sequential Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-564 Page 2 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Vehicle 3 : 2024-2024 ISUZU NQR Gas Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided.  Production Dates : APR 05, 2023 – JUL 09, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DE5W1D3RS500002 End : 54DE5W1D6RS500205 ✔ Not sequential Vehicle 4 : 2024-2024 ISUZU NRR Gas Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided.  Production Dates : APR 06, 2023 – JUL 10, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DE5W1DXRSR00008 End : 54DE5W1D8RSR01173 ✔ Not sequential Vehicle 5 : 2023-2024 CHEVROLET LCF 3500HG Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided.  Production Dates : APR 12, 2022 – JUL 07, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DBDW1D1PS200042 End : 54DBDW1D7RS207421 ✔ Not sequential Vehicle 6 : 2023-2024 CHEVROLET LCF 4500HG Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided. [4,692] Production Dates : APR 11, 2022 – JUL 12, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DCDJ1D4PS200012 End : 54DCDW1D5RS207745 ✔ Not sequential Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-564 Page 3 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Vehicle 7 : 2024-2024 CHEVROLET LCF 5500HG Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided.  Production Dates : JUN 02, 2023 – JUN 07, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DEEJ1D3RS500147 End : 54DEEJ1D5RS500151 ✔ Not sequential Vehicle 8 : 2024-2024 CHEVROLET LCF 5500XG Vehicle Type : BUSES, MEDIUM & HEAVY VEHICLES Body Style : OTHER Power Train : GAS Descriptive Information : Recall population determined by production and sales records. It includes all production vehicles of these model years, makes, and models between the manufacturing dates provided.  Production Dates : JUN 02, 2023 – JUL 08, 2023 VIN Range 1 : Begin : 54DEEW1D0RSR00549 End : 54DEEJ1D9RSR01159 ✔ Not sequential Description of Defect : Description of the Defect : When the chassis harnesses of the subject vehicles were designed, an incorrectly sized wire seal was selected for the 2 externally mounted engine ignition coil pack fuse holders. This results in the potential for water intrusion into the fuse holders and eventual corrosion or failure of the fuses. FMVSS 1 : NR FMVSS 2 : NR Description of the Safety Risk : If the ignition coil pack fuses corrode or fail, one or more of the following events could occur – in each case, increasing the risk of a crash: • Engine will begin to misfire and power output may be reduced, resulting in slower than normal vehicle acceleration (roughly 30% increased acceleration times); • Engine will derate and maximum vehicle speed will be limited to 5 MPH (power brake assist and power steering assist will still function normally); • While trying to start the engine, it may stall and not restart. Description of the Cause : There was a subcomponent specification error in the engineering drawing for the chassis harness which improperly called out for the use of a silicone wire seal with two large 2.45mm openings for the wires instead of one 2.45mm and one 1.55mm opening. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-564 Page 4 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Identification of Any Warning that can Occur : • A steady Check Engine MIL with an audible engine misfire and vehicle shake or vibration may occur. • The vehicle will also have reduced power and may emit a fuel smell from the exhaust. • Continued use in this condition will result in a continuous flashing Check Engine MIL and a vehicle speed derate to 5MPH. If this occurs, power steering assist and power brake assist functions are still retained. Involved Components : Component Name 1 : Main Chassis Harness Component Description : Harness, Chassis Component Part Number : 8977986391, 8978736183, 8977986401, 8978736193, 8977986411, 8978736203, 8977986421, 8978736213, 8978 Supplier Identification : Component Manufacturer Name : American Furukawa INC Address : 2181 International St. Columbus Ohio 43228 Country : United States Chronology : Chronology uploaded separately. Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-564 Page 5 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 Description of Remedy : Description of Remedy Program : For vehicles that have not yet been delivered to the first retail purchaser, dealers will apply a silicone sealant to the rear of the existing fuse holders or install revised coil pack fuse holders (“pigtails”) depending on vehicle class and body upfit status. For vehicles delivered into customer hands, dealers will replace both engine ignition coil pack fuse holder assemblies with the revised coil pack fuse holders (“pigtails”). REIMBURSEMENT: All vehicles that previously had this condition repaired would have been covered under the New Truck Warranty or Engine Emission Warranty standard on all new purchases. How Remedy Component Differs from Recalled Component : The Ignition coil pack circuits in future chassis harnesses will be assembled with two 2.9mm diameter wires instead of one 2.1mm and one 2.9mm diameter wire, this will result in a correct wire to seal interference and prevent water intrusion into the fuse holder. Identify How/When Recall Condition was Corrected in Production : Vehicles produced on or after July 12, 2023 have silicone applied to the rear of the fuse holders to prevent water intrusion. A revised harness is planned for future production which will utilize two 2.9mm diameter wires for each fuse holder. Recall Schedule : Description of Recall Schedule : Isuzu and Chevrolet will notify their respective vehicle owners and dealers of this recall. They will be informed that the recall repairs will be done free of charge. However, remedy parts for customer vehicles are not currently available and Isuzu does not yet know when the parts will become available. Therefore, it will be necessary to send an Interim Owner Letter advising vehicle owners of the recall, that remedy parts are not currently available and that they will receive a second letter when remedy parts become available. The interim recall owner notification is expected to begin 9/29/2023. In addition, it is anticipated that remedy parts for affected vehicles in dealer inventory will not be available for approximately six weeks. As a result, the Stop Sale Notice that will be provided to dealers upon submission of this Defect Information Report will instruct dealers to hold affected vehicles in their inventory until receiving further notification and a Campaign Bulletin when remedy parts become available. For additional information, Isuzu owners may contact Isuzu Customer Relations at 1-866-441-9638 and Chevrolet owners may contact the GM Medium Duty Truck assistance line at 1-800-862-4389. Planned Dealer Notification Date : AUG 11, 2023 – AUG 11, 2023 Planned Owner Notification Date : SEP 29, 2023 – SEP 29, 2023 Part 573 Safety Recall Report 23V-564 Page 6 The information contained in this report was submitted pursuant to 49 CFR §573 * NR – Not Reported
Reference Number: GCUS-3-3002 Stop Delivery Order for Safety Recall N232419340 – Ignition Coil Pack Fuse GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS DCS6647 URGENT – DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: August 10, 2023 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Safety Recall N232419340 Ignition Coil Pack Fuse Models: 2023 Chevrolet 3500/4500 Low Cab Forward 2024 Chevrolet 3500 HG/4500 HG Low Cab Forward 2024 Chevrolet 5500 HG/5500 XG Low Cab Forward Equipped with 6.6L Gasoline Engine (RPO L8T) To: All General Motors Dealers STOP DELIVERY ORDER Effective immediately, stop the delivery of certain 2023 and 2024 model year Chevrolet Low Cab Forward vehicles in new or used vehicle inventory. Isuzu Motors Limited has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) about a safety recall that involves these vehicles. The GM recall number is N232419340. It is a violation of federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification until the defect is remedied. Isuzu Motors Limited, the manufacturer of these vehicles, has determined a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2023 and 2024 model year Chevrolet Low Cab Forward vehicles equipped with 6.6L (L8T) gasoline engines. In the affected vehicles, an incorrectly sized wire seal was selected for the 2 externally mounted engine ignition coil pack fuse holders. This results in the potential for water intrusion into the fuse holders and eventual corrosion or failure of the fuses. If the ignition coil pack fuses corrode or fail, one or more of the following events may occur, in each case increasing the risk of a crash: (1) the Check Engine Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) may illuminate and the engine may misfire and result in reduced power output and slower than normal acceleration; (2) the vehicle may derate and limit maximum vehicle speed to 5 MPH (power steering and power brake assist will still function normally); and (3) if you shut off the engine, it may stall when you try to start it and not restart. Parts are not currently available, but when parts are available, dealers are to apply a silicone sealant to the rear of the existing fuse holder plug. Until further instructions are received, involved vehicles that are in dealers’ possession (new or used vehicle inventory, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc.) must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration purposes or any other dealer use. All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified. The Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system has been updated for this recall. This action has been taken to assist dealers with determining which vehicles are involved so they can properly respond to customer inquiries. A list of involved vehicles that have been identified as being in dealer new vehicle inventory is attached to this message. It is sorted by dealer Business Associate Code (BAC) for easy reference. Your dealership’s BAC will not be listed if none of the involved vehicles are currently in your new vehicle inventory. To identify involved vehicles in dealer used inventory, run an Open VIN Report or Field Action Initiation Report using Field Action Reports-GFAM within the Maxis Dealer Application in GlobalConnect. Frequently Asked Questions Document (FAQs) Attached to this message you will find a document that addresses the most likely questions customers may have regarding this Safety Recall. Please use this information as an aid to confidently answer customer concerns. Until the recall bulletin is released, the Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system will display “8/10/2023” under Release Date and “Incomplete – Remedy Not Available” under Status. This means the required repair is not yet available and dealers should not attempt to perform any repairs. We are working with the supplier to obtain the required parts as quickly as possible. When a sufficient quantity of parts are available, the recall bulletin will be released and dealers can begin repairing vehicles. END OF MESSAGE GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS
Reference Number: GCUS-3-3015 N232419340 – Safety Recall – Ignition Coil Pack Fuse – Application for Used Vehicle Working Capital GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS6659 URGENT – DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: August 25, 2023 Subject: N232419340 – Safety Recall Ignition Coil Pack Fuse Application for Used Vehicle Working Capital Assistance Program (WCAP) Models: 2023 Chevrolet 3500/4500 Low Cab Forward 2024 Chevrolet 3500 HG/4500 HG Low Cab Forward 2024 Chevrolet 5500 HG/5500 XG Low Cab Forward Equipped with 6.6L Gasoline Engine (RPO L8T) To: All General Motors Dealers On August 10, 2023, GM sent to all GM dealers GlobalConnect Message GCUS-3-3002 regarding safety recall N232419340. The required repair to complete this recall is not yet available. Until further instructions are received, the involved vehicles that are in dealers’ possession (new or used vehicle inventory, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc.) must be held and cannot be delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration purposes or put to any other use. This message is to inform dealers who have involved vehicles in their inventory that they can now apply for the used vehicle Working Capital Assistance Program (“WCAP”) for safety recall N232419340. Before proceeding with the application process described below, dealers must verify vehicle eligibility based on the program terms and guidelines that were provided in GM GlobalConnect Message GCUS-9-14456 dated March 29, 2023. Applications submitted on ineligible vehicles are subject to chargeback of any incentives paid to the dealer under the WCAP. Because compensation and tracking requires visibility into dealers’ inventory, dealers must also have agreed to a Dealer Data Share agreement with GM in order to receive any compensation under this program. To apply for the WCAP for safety recall N232419340, dealers must access the GM Global Warranty Management (GWM) system and submit a “ZSET” warranty transaction using the labor code provided below for each eligible vehicle. This zero dollar special transaction type is the dealer’s application for compensation and constitutes a representation from the dealer that the vehicle is eligible for WCAP assistance. Note: Acceptance of the warranty transaction does not ensure vehicle eligibility or guarantee the provision of any assistance as defined by program terms and guidelines. Labor Code Description Labor Time Trans Code 9800111 Working Capital Assistance for Safety Recall N232419340 N/A ZSET To be eligible for the WCAP, a vehicle must be in dealer inventory at the time the related field action bulletin is released. If a vehicle has been delivered, wholesaled or otherwise disposed of prior to release of the bulletin, the vehicle is not eligible for assistance. Additionally, recalled vehicles taken in on trade may be eligible for assistance if the dealer immediately reports the vehicle in used vehicle inventory via its Dealer Management System (DMS) and makes application through the GWM system. To ensure that GM is receiving daily inventory information, which is necessary to process payments and make eligibility determinations under the WCAP, the dealer’s vehicles must be properly identified in the dealership’s DMS. A daily feed of this information is provided to GM through the Dealer Data Share (DDS) agreement. Beginning with the 1st quarter of 2019, all WCAP payments will be facilitated through the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system. For each eligible vehicle, a qualifying dealer will submit for WCAP vehicle enrollment with a “ZSET” transaction type and for reimbursement with a “ZFAT” transaction type both through the GWM system. If approved, a WCAP credit for that vehicle will be issued through the GWM system similar to any other warranty credit. WCAP submission instructions and the required labor code will also be provided in the appropriate field action bulletin. Each WCAP transaction being credited will be clearly identified on the dealer’s daily credit memo. In order to receive payment, a dealer must have timely reported the vehicle in used vehicle inventory, retained the vehicle until the related field action bulletin is released, and properly applied for the WCAP payment. The vehicle must also be otherwise eligible under WCAP rules and guidelines. GM reserves the right to amend, modify, terminate, or cancel this program at any time in its sole discretion. END OF MESSAGE GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES