June 23, 2022 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 22V446000
A fuel tank rollover valve that does not properly seal can result in a fuel leak during a rollover crash, increasing the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 22V446
Manufacturer General Motors, LLC
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 228
General Motors, LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2022 Cadillac XT5, XT6, and GMC Acadia All-Wheel Drive (AWD) vehicles. The fuel tank rollover valve may not provide a proper seal in the event of a rollover crash.
Dealers will inspect the fuel tank and replace the fuel tank shell if the rollover valve is found to be dislodged or missing, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 8, 2022. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006 and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM’s number for this recall is N222366070.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N222366070
Fuel Tank Rollover Valve Dislodged
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
Q1) Which vehicles are involved?
Q2) What is the issue or condition?
The rollover valve in the fuel tank in some of these vehicles may not provide a proper seal in the event of a rollover crash.
Q3) What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?
Q4) What is the remedy/repair?
Q5) What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?
If the fuel tank rollover valve is missing, fuel may leak from the vehicle during certain types of rollover crashes. If a rollover crash were to occur, and if fuel were to leak and contact an ignition source, there is an increased risk of post-crash fire.
Q6) Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?
No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.
Q7) Is the remedy/repair available now?
Yes, please see the attached bulletin for details.
Q8) What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?
If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.
Q9) How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?
Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
Q10) If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.
3 Affected Products
6 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Message re Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall N222366070RCMN-22V446-5201
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N222366070 Fuel Tank Rollover Valve Dislodged
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-22V446-8557
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N222366070 Fuel Tank Rollover Valve DislodgedRMISC-22V446-8644
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Message re N222366070 – Safety Recall Fuel Tank Rollover Valve DislodgedRCMN-22V446-8590
Latest Recalls Documents
- The more an engine is driven, the more carbon deposits can build up on fuel injectors, intake valves and ports
- Gumout High Mileage Fuel Injector Cleaner is specially formulated to remove carbon deposits from engines with more than 75,000 miles
- Cleans fuel injectors, intake valves and ports to restore performance, fuel economy and prevents future carbon build-up, which reduces emissions
- Oxygen sensor safe and safe for use in turbocharged and supercharged vehicles
- Recommended use every 3,000 miles and will not void OEM/manufacturer’s warranty
- Cleans, restores, protects the entire fuel system (fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers)
- Restores: Lost power, acceleration, lost fuel economy, and operation of the fuel gauge sensor
- Reduces: Rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- Improves: Cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
- Two 5.25 fl oz bottles of STP High Mileage Fuel Injector & Carburetor Cleaner Treatment
- Fuel treatment additives help remove deposit buildups to save gas
- Friction modifier in the fuel additive combats upper cylinder friction
- STP fuel injector cleaner can help prevent hard stops, lost acceleration and rough idling for improved performance
- Jet fuel serves as the carrier for the active ingredients, creating a high-quality additive for easy auto care
- RESTORES PERFORMANCE: Fuel injector cleaner cleans entire fuel system to help restore lost engine power
- INCREASED RESPONSIVENESS: Helps restore lost acceleration and throttle body response
- REDUCES CARBON DEPOSITS: Injector cleaner helps remove carbon buildup for increased power and acceleration
- SAFE ON ALL ENGINES: Specially formulated for direct injected or traditional fuel injected engines
- TREATS A FULL TANK: Formulated to treat up to 21 gallons of gasoline
- Eliminates starting problems, hesitation and stalling
- Smoother idling
- Better throttle response
- Cleaner combustion
Last update on 2022-08-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.