February 11, 2021 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 21V064000
A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source increases the risk of a fire.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V064
Manufacturer General Motors, LLC
Components FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Potential Number of Units Affected 18
General Motors, LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2021 Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon vehicles. The fuel tank assemblies may be missing adhesive between two layers of the fuel tank shell which may result in a fuel leak.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the fuel tank, free of charge. The recall began March 6, 2021. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM’s number for this recall is N212327720.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2021 model year Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon vehicles. Fuel tank assemblies in these vehicles may be missing certain adhesive between two layers of the fuel tank shell. Under certain conditions, fuel could seep between these layers, which over time may result in a slow leak. If a fuel leak were to develop that makes contact with an ignition source, there is increased risk of fire.
Dealers will replace the fuel tank.
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|1||Fuel Tank O-Ring Seal||22682111|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N212327720 Fuel Tank Leak
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
Q1) Which vehicles are involved?
Q2) What is the issue or condition?
Fuel tank assemblies in these vehicles may be missing certain adhesive between two layers of the fuel tank shell. Under certain conditions, fuel could seep between these layers, which over time may result in a slow leak.
Q3) What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?
A fuel odor may be apparent near the vehicle.
Q4) What is the remedy/repair?
Dealers will replace the fuel tank.
Q5) What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?
If a fuel leak were to develop that makes contact with an ignition source, there is increased risk of fire.
Q6) Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?
No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.
Q7) Is the remedy/repair available now?
Yes, please see the attached bulletin for details.
Q8) What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?
If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.
Q9) How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?
Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
Q10) If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.
2 Affected Products
11 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Message re N212327720 – Safety Recall Fuel Tank LeakRCMN-21V064-0929
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)RCONL-21V064-0802
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Message re REVISION – N212327720-01 – Safety Recall Fuel Tank Leak Customer LetterRCMN-21V064-4614
Safety Bulletin re Product Safety Recall N212327720 Fuel Tank Leak
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2021-1RCLQRT-21V064-1510
Defect Notice 573 ReportRCLRPT-21V064-8487
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N212327720 Fuel Tank Leak
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2021-3RCLQRT-21V064-3187
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2021-4RCLQRT-21V064-0348
Latest Recalls Documents
- Product Type: Cleaning Agent
- Package Dimensions: 5.842 L X 5.842 W X 20.32 H (Cm)
- Country Of Origin: United States
- Package Weight: 0.85 Pounds
- Formulated for Use In All Fuel-Injected Gasoline Engines, Including GDI
- Contains Polyetheramine (“PEA”) to Dissolve Carbon Buildup in Combustion Chambers
- Cleans ALL Types of Intake Valves, Including Those Found in PFI, TBI, and GDI Engines
- Safe On Catalytic Converters and Oxygen Sensors
- Not For Use In Diesel Engines
- Cleans, restores, protects the entire fuel system (fuel injectors, carburetors, intake valves and combustion chambers)
- Restores: Lost power, acceleration, lost fuel economy, and operation of the fuel gauge sensor
- Reduces: Rough idle, engine surge, hesitation, and spark plus fouling
- Improves: Cold start performance, and fuel stability for up to one year
- Safely and carefully cleans engine oil system from all kinds of deposits, sludge and gunk; ensures engine's technical purity
- Removes carbon and restores mobility of stuck piston rings.
- Universal for all engine types including turbo-supercharged ones.
- Due to revitalizant provides creation of engine protection reserve.
- Cleans crankcase ventilation system. Eliminates effect of hydraulic lash adjusters sealing
- 1 Crep Protect rain and stain repel spray - 5 oz super-hydrophobic spray that creates an invisible coating which repels liquids and prevents stains. For use on suede, nubuck and canvas footwear.
- 1 Crep Protect Cure Ultimate Cleaning Solution - 100ml Improved Cleaning Solution - Washes 50+ Pairs of Sneakers - 98% Natural made from Coconut extracts, Jojoba & Aqua.
- 1 Premium Hog Hair Brush - Premium Brush has over 17000+ Hog hair bristles.Shorter bristles give better cleaning results, While the hog hair is soft enough to clean more delicate materials.
- 1 Microfiber cloth - Ultra soft, Non Abrasive and highly absorbent cloth. Crep Protect is easy to apply and quick drying.
- 12 Crep Protect Wipes - Travel size wipes perfect for those unexpected marks when you're on the move. Smooth side for general cleaning and textured side for tougher marks. Cotton fresh scented.
- New design with food-grade 304 stainless steel canister and glass Lid will allow users a better, smell proof and clean experience for making herbal edibles oils
- Wide range temperature（130℉-295℉） & time adjustment（20-240 Min). Highlight 5 classic temperatures setting for decarbing herbs, herbal oil, cannabutter and tincture making etc
- Glass lid lets you be able to see the entire process especially for monitoring tincture evaporation
- Premium canister capacity which can hold up to 550ML oil for infusion and 1.5 ounces herbs for decarboxylation
- 2-years warranty , please contact customer service if you need to fulfill any warranty issue or if you need the recipes
Last update on 2022-10-02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.