January 14, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V011000
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the front passenger or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V011
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Components AIR BAGS
Potential Number of Units Affected 699
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2007-2008 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 and 3500 and GMC Sierra 2500 and 3500 vehicles equipped with non-desiccated, passenger frontal air bag inflators containing phase stabilized ammonium nitrate (PSAN) propellant that were used as interim remedy parts for previous Takata recalls. These inflators may explode due to propellant degradation occurring after long-term exposure to high absolute humidity, high temperatures, and high temperature cycling.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflators, free of charge. The recall began February 11, 2020. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-866-522-9559. GM’s number for this recall is N192290990.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N192290990
Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
|Q1)||Which vehicles are involved?|
|A1)||Certain 2007-2008 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 series heavy duty pickup trucks.|
|Q2)||What is the issue or condition?|
|A2)||Takata has determined that some of the front passenger air bag inflators in these vehicles may experience an alteration over time, which could lead to overaggressive combustion in the event of an air bag deployment. This condition could create excessive internal pressure when the air bag is deployed, which could result in the body of the inflator rupturing upon deployment.|
|Q3)||What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?|
|Q4)||What is the remedy/repair?|
|A4)||Dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator module.|
|Q5)||What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?|
|A5)||In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.|
|Q6)||Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?|
|A6)||No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.|
|Q7)||Is the remedy/repair available now?|
|A7)||Yes, the remedy/repair is available now, please see the attached bulletin for details.|
|Q8)||What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?|
|A8)||If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.|
|Q9)||How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?|
|A9)||Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.|
|Q10)||If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?|
|A10)||Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.|
Product Safety Recall
Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator
Release Date: January 2020 Revision: 00
This bulletin has been updated to add the customer letter. Please discard all previous copies of N192290990
|Attention:||It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.|
All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.
|Chevrolet||Silverado 2500/3500 HD||2007||2008|
|GMC||Sierra 2500/3500 HD||2007||2008|
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||TK Global LLC (“Takata”) has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2007-2008 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 series heavy duty pickup trucks. Takata has determined that some of the front passenger air bag inflators in these vehicles may experience an alteration over time, which could lead to overaggressive combustion in the event of an air bag deployment. This condition could create excessive internal pressure when the air bag is deployed, which could result in the body of the inflator rupturing upon deployment. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.|
|Correction||Dealers will replace the front passenger air bag inflator module.|
Parts required to complete this recall are to be obtained from General Motors Customer Care and Aftersales (GMCCA). Please refer to your “involved vehicles listing” before ordering parts. Parts are currently in limited supply, dealers are encouraged not to order recall parts for use as shelf stock. It is estimated that only 699 involved vehicles will require parts replaced. Parts may have quantity limiters in effect.
IMPORTANT: Due to flight restrictions for hazardous goods shipments, dealer orders may arrive via FedEx or with your normal PDC delivery. Therefore, dealers should order ONLY as DRO = Daily Replenishment Order or CSO = Customer Special Order. Please do not place orders as SPAC; it will delay shipment of the order and will not provide visibility. Please note, parts will not be shipped overnight. Plan accordingly for transit time to reach your facility.
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|1||Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator Kit||84255088|
Important: Do not discard or destroy the box containing the new passenger air bag inflator, it will be needed to return the used inflator. The box contains special instructions for the packaging and shipment of the used inflator. The instructions must be followed without exception. DO NOT DEPLOY ANY INFLATOR.
All U.S. dealers have been shipped the required air bag mounting bracket, shown below, to replace the front passenger air bag inflator module. These brackets were provided to dealers by General Motors through Bosch Automotive Service Solutions in late 2015. The Bosch tool number is EL-51377. If your dealership does not have the air bag mounting bracket, do not attempt to perform this service procedure and immediately contact Bosch at 1-800-GM-TOOLS for assistance. Attempting to replace the front passenger air bag inflator module without using the bracket poses a safety risk for the technician and anyone else in the area.
(1) Mounting Bracket (2) Support Bars (3) Support Bar Hardware (4) Air bag Mounting Hardware.
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|9104664||Replace Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator Module|
Add: SLT Trim Level – GMC Only
Add: LTZ Trim Level – Chevrolet Only
Submit a $20.00 administrative allowance for return of the used front passenger air bag inflator assembly (document preparation and packaging). Add this amount in the Administrative Allowance Net Item field when submitting the repair transaction.
Note: Dealers are required to use the air bag mounting bracket to perform the front passenger air bag inflator module replacement procedure. If the air bag mounting bracket is not available, do not proceed with this repair.
Warning: Do not deploy or discard the air bag inflator module.
Warning: If an air bag system is not handled using proper procedures and methods, it may be activated accidentally during work resulting in a life-threatening serious accident. If the service procedure is NOT performed correctly, the system may fail to activate when needed. Be sure to perform the proper work safely and according to the instructions in this service procedure.
- Eliminate Static Electricity. Before start of work, touch a metallic portion of the vehicle with a bare hand to discharge static electricity charged on your body.
- DO NOT Measure Resistance. DO NOT measure resistance of air bag components. Measuring current of a circuit tester may cause accidental activation.
- Handle the air bag properly. If an inflator is dropped, replace it with a NEW inflator.
- DO NOT allow foreign objects near the air bag. Collect and account for all removed nuts/bolts to prevent them from landing in the air bag assembly. Any foreign objects in the air bag assembly may cause damage or injury if the air bag is activated.
- Wear protective equipment. Always wear appropriate protective equipment when working on the air bag.
FRONT PASSENGER AIR BAG INFLATOR MODULE REPLACEMENT
Danger: To avoid personal injury or death, it is critical to use an air bag module bracket when replacing an inflator module. Carefully read and follow the instructions below:
- Confirm the bracket assembly is installed securely in the vice.
- Confirm there are no loose objects or people exposed to the back side of the bracket for safety in the unlikely event of air bag deployment due to improper work procedures. The air bag is NOT being replaced due to an inadvertent deployment concern.
- Confirm that no objects, tools or people are within 3 feet (1 meter) of the back side of the bracket.
- Confirm that no objects, tools or people are within 2 feet (0.6 meters) of the sides of the bracket.
- BEFORE starting work and periodically while working on the air bag module, touch a metallic part of the work bench to discharge static electricity in the body.
- Mount the air bag module bracket securely in a vice.
- Using the hardware kit supplied with the module bracket, loosely mount the airbag assembly to the bracket using two nuts and bolts.
- Position the air bag so that all four stopper plate nuts can be removed through the access holes.
- Tighten the two fasteners that attach the airbag to the module bracket.
- Confirm the following steps have been completed BEFORE proceeding to the next step:
- The mounting bracket is secure in the vise.
- The air bag module is secured to the bracket.
Danger: To avoid personal injury, ALWAYS keep as much of your body as possible in front of the bracket when working on the air bag assembly. Remember to periodically touch a metallic part of the vehicle or work bench to discharge static electricity in the body. DO NOT use power tools when performing the inflator removal/reinstallation steps.
- Note the orientation between the inflator and the stopper plate.
- Use the access holes in the bracket to loosen and remove the four self-locking nuts. Discard the nuts, they will not be reused.
- Remove the two stopper plates.
- Disengage the wire harness locator from the housing.
- Gently push in the 4 studs to loosen the inflator for removal.
- Remove the inflator from the housing, slide the inflator away from the harness side.
- Put a mark on the removed inflator and store it in the provided replacement part box. Refer to the packaging instructions that were included with the new inflator module kit.
- Record the serial number from the service inflator kit on the repair order.
- Carefully slide the new inflator into the air bag assembly. Ensure the inflator is installed with the harness end first.
- Confirm the identification of the stopper and the position determining plate. THEY ARE DIFFERENT. Refer to the illustration: (1) Stopper Plate (2) Position Determining Plate.
- The Position determining Plate goes on the harness end, the Stopper Plate goes on the opposite end.
- Loosely install the two plates using the 4 new nuts supplied with the inflator kit, DO NOT TIGHTEN.
- Rotate the inflator until the harness connector aligns with the Position Orientating Plate.
Warning: DO NOT pinch the harness between the inflator and the Position Orientating Plate.
3610416 19. Tighten four (4) NEW plate nuts evenly in several increments in the order shown in the illustration using a 10 mm socket driver while pushing the inflator. You will encounter some resistance during tightening because these nuts are self-locking nuts. Torque Specification: 6.5 Nm (57.53 in-lb)
- Install the wire harness locator to the housing.
- Remove the air bag assembly from the bracket by removing the two bolts and the air bag assembly.
- Mark the air bag module with an X at the right side if the ID tag.
- Reinstall the instrument panel passenger air bag assembly. Refer to Air Bag Instrument Panel Module Replacement in SI.
- The box that the new passenger air bag inflator was shipped in must be utilized to return the used inflator. The box contains special instructions for the packaging and shipment of the used inflator. The instructions must be followed without exception. If the original box is not available or you have questions about the special shipping instructions, please contact your District Service Manager- Aftersales for assistance. DO NOT DEPLOY ANY INFLATOR.
Dealer Responsibility – For USA (USA States, Territories, and Possessions)
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time.
Dealer Responsibility – All
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.
Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles has been prepared and will be provided to U.S. and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports or sent directly to export dealers. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
USA – General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle.
Product Safety Recall
N192290990 Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator – US Only
Page 12 of 12
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: _____________________________________
Dear General Motors Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
TK Global LLC (“Takata”) has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2007-2008 model year Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 2500/3500 series heavy duty pickup trucks. As a result, GM is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we are concerned about your safety and continued satisfaction with our products.
• Your vehicle is involved in GM safety recall N192290990.
• Schedule an appointment with your GM dealer.
• This service will be performed for you at no charge.
Why is your vehicle being recalled?
Takata has determined that some of the front passenger air bag inflators in these vehicles may experience an alteration over time, which could lead to overaggressive combustion in the event of an air bag deployment. This condition could create excessive internal pressure when the air bag is deployed, which could result in the body of the inflator rupturing upon deployment. In the event of an inflator rupture, metal fragments could pass through the air bag cushion material, which may result in injury or death to vehicle occupants.
What will we do?
Your GM will replace the front passenger air bag inflator module. This service will be performed for you at no charge. Because of service scheduling requirements, it is likely that your dealer will need your vehicle longer than the actual service correction time of approximately one hour.
What should you do?
You should contact your GM dealer to arrange a service appointment as soon as possible.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.
Text Telephones (TTY)
Puerto Rico – English
Puerto Rico – Español
If after contacting your dealer and the Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1.888.327.4236 (TTY 1.800.424.9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Campaign ID Number for this recall is 20V011.
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Maryann L. Combs
Global Vehicle Safety
GM Recall: N192290990
8 Affected Products
10 Associated Documents
Defect Notice 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N192290990 Front Passenger Air Bag Inflator
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2020-1
Latest Recalls Documents
1 Associated Investigation
The Office of Defects Investigation (ODI) opened PE14-016 in June 2014 based on six inflator rupture incidents involving consumer owned vehicles produced by five vehicle manufacturers. All six vehicles were operated in Florida or Puerto Rico at the time of the rupture and for the majority of their service life, and were equipped with inflators produced by Takata, a tier-one supplier of automotive air bag systems.
During the course of PE14-016, ODI determined that five additional vehicle manufacturers used inflators of a similar design and vintage also supplied by Takata. No evidence of field failures was found in vehicles produced by these five additional manufacturers. Nonetheless, at ODI’s insistence, all 10 vehicle manufacturers initiated a regional recall within approximately two weeks of the opening of the investigation. The regions recalled initially included Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, areas with high absolute humidity and climatic conditions believed to be a significant factor in the inflator ruptures. As part of the recall actions, inflators removed from remedied vehicles are to be returned to Takata for testing.
Takata’s initial test results on passenger inflators from remedied vehicles indicated a much higher than anticipated rupture frequency for inflators returned from Florida. Accordingly ODI requested all 10 manufacturers expand the regional recalls for passenger inflators to include other geographic areas where high absolute humidity conditions exist, including the Gulf States and other coastal areas. Takata’s testing of the passenger inflators to date continues to indicate this geographic area as having the highest risk, with no ruptures occurring from inflators returned from outside the expanded recall regions. During PE14-016 four additional passenger inflator field events occurred, all in vehicles from the same expanded geographic region.
Also during PE14-016 four additional driver inflator field events occurred including two in vehicles from regions not known for high absolute humidity, specifically California and North Carolina. Accordingly, ODI requested all five of the affected vehicle manufacturers currently using the subject Takata driver inflators expand to nationwide recalls. Significantly, neither of the affected vehicle manufacturers or Takata provided any explanation to account for these two driver air bag inflator ruptures outside the area of high absolute humidity. Takata testing of returned driver inflators indicates a lower rupture frequency as compared to passenger inflator testing. All test ruptures reported by Takata to date have occurred on inflators returned from high absolute humidity areas.
The investigation now includes all manufacturers and vehicles known to be affected at this time. ODI’s investigation will focus on, among other things, root cause analysis, other potential defect consequences, identification of affected vehicles scope, and adequacy of the remedy.
The five ODI reports cited above can be reviewed online at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchNHTSAID under the following identification numbers: 10537899, 10568848, 10585224, 10605877, 10651492
- 【ABS/SRS Diagnostic Functions】The ABS/SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the vehicle’s ABS/SRS systems. It also provides the definition of each code to help diagnose problem areas within the systems that may cause the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to turn on.Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Only this Autel Support can you contact: ▲[email protected]▲
- 【OBD II Diagnostics Function 】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles.Read Codes,Erase Codes,Live Data,Freeze Frame,Retrieving I/M Readiness Status,O2 Monitor Test,On-Board Monitor Test,Component Test,Viewing Vehicle Information,Modules Present,DTC Lookup.
- 【Easy To Perform AbsSrs】Please follow these steps to finish ABS/SRS system diagnostic testing procedure:1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.2. Turn on the scan tool and wait for the Main Screen to appear.3. Select AbsSrs icon in the Main Screen.4. Select a specific vehicle manufacture’s regional coverage.From the vehicle make screen, select a specific vehicle manufacture and press OK button.
- 【Wide Vehicle Coverage】Supports more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicles,,, including Acura, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Ford, EU Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, Volkswagen, Renault, Peugeot, Lancia, Fiat, Dacia, Citroen, Alfa, Abarth.
- 【About Software Update】Free lifetime software updates is available for AL619.Download the newest software anytime. NOTE: Only contact us can you get support▲[email protected]▲. Don't need contact Autel US support, warranty provided by seller. Before purchasing, please provide VIN to confirm compatibility.
- 📀【GENERAL】FOXWELL NT630 Plus ABS & Airbag OBD2 scanner does not only provides accurate and professional diagnosis of ABS/SRS/SAS faults , but also removes air from the internal brake fluid chambers after servicing the brakes. 👉TIPS: It can not remove airbag crash data or collision data.
- 📀【ABS BLEEDING】Anytime the brake system is opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses, air gets inside. The air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes if you want a firm brake pedal. You can use this diagnostic scanner to help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 📀【ACTIVE TEST】The OBD scan tool temporarily allow you to active or control ABS/Airbag system and component, including switches, sensors, relays& actuators. It saving your time and labor costs.
- 📀【PERFECT COMPATIBILITY】The diagnostic scanner for automobiles is compatible with almost all OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide, Which makes it suitable for both mechanic and DIYers. ABS and SRS Coverage for 60+ Vehicle Makes. SAS calibration is on 30+ selected make.
- 📀【UPGRADE AND NO WORRIES】The update tool FoxAssist allows you update& uninstall software, save & print data, gaining more available vehicle models and language on the original basis free lifetime. And there is a technical assistance for timely and effectively solving the quality problem within 24 Hours.
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
- Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices
- The BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor work exclusively with each other to ensure quality
- BlueDriver is the Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by mechanics and developed by Professional Engineers in North America
- 【EASY ABS/SRS DIAGNOSIS】: The obd2 scanner diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Turns off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and ABS/SRS warning lights, clears codes and resets monitors. Note: For double check, please contact us through [email protected]outlook.com, we will check the vehicle compatibility for you.
- 【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】: The scan tool works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) including GM, Ford, Chrysler, Volvo, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, Nissan,Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Renault, Land rover, Jaguar
- 【WIDE CODES DIAGNOSIS】: The vehicle code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes
- 【GRAPH LIVE DATA DISPLAY】: The diagnostic tool views freeze frame data; Reads, stores and playbacks live PCM data stream and live sensor data; Graphs data; Prints data via PC
- 【ONLINE UPDATE INCLUDED】: The obd2 scanner is Internet updatable and upgradable, we offer 12 months warranty insurance.
- Quickly reveal the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings on any 1996 and newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV and hybrids
- Read and erase ABS & SRS light trouble codes on most OBD2 vehicles
- Battery & alternator tests check the performance of a vehicle's charging system
- Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles
- Freeze Frame shows engine conditions such as fuel trim, engine coolant temp, etc., at the time the Malfunction Indicator Lamp turned on. The 3100j will save the last 3 vehicles scanned.Also, the 3100j does not have Live data or bi-directional functions
- [ENHANCED 4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC TOOL] - FX2000 scan tool does not only include OBD/EOBD standard protocol diagnosis but also performs full detection on vehicles three mainly ECU's systems (ABS/ SRS/ Transmission), besides, it also can read/erase fault codes and turn off warning light in above four systems. Note: FX2000 scanner ONLY supports cars from 2005 and newer for ABS/SRS/ Transmission system testings.
- [FULL OBDII DIAGNOSIS] - Supports full OBDII test modes with advanced mode 4(Live PCM Data Stream in graphics formats), ability to Read/Clear DTCs and do smog tests including I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, etc., that will keep your mind from worrying about car emission problems. It also supports read freeze frame data, EVAP system test, retrieves vehicle info, and more.
- [ADD-ON EXTRA FUNCTIONS] - Ability to graph, record, and replay live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS; Besides, it also comes with the added benefits of reading data streaming in one graph for various system, you can check the four parameters in the meantime which is intended to help you quickly find the vehicle potential problems.
- [WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE] - Includes 46 vehicle makers of the OBDII test for a complete diagnosis. Works on most from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based or newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Support English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- [WORTHY TO OWN] - Equipped with an intuitive interface, 4.0-inch TF color screen, smart Buttons design for easy to handling. We also support lifetime free updates online via a TF card on Ancel official website.
- 😄【Full 10 modes OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scanner】Read and erase fault codes, retrieve I/M readiness and freeze frame data, show live data in the text and graph format, auto VIN acquisition, O2 Sensor and EVAP Test (Mode 8), advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6).
- 😄【On-Board Monitor Test】You can use the car scanner to diagnose the misfire and the live O2 monitoring to get an idea a misfire is coming from which bank and cylinder. This code reader car diagnostic tool will graph all the real-time streaming data it reads, including but not limited to Engine Coolant Temperature, Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim, Engine RPM, Oxygen Sensor Output .
- 😄【Wide Vehicle Coverage】 NT201 bi-directional vehicle check engine code reader will work on domestic and import vehicle, such as light-duty trucks (12v only), SUVs and mini-vans with standard OBD2/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocol. European vehicles from 2000, American ones from 1996, and Asian from 2008.
- 😄【Deserve To Own】NT201 automobile code reader is built in speaker and 2. 4' TFT colorful LCD display screen, offers visual and audible indication for readiness verification. Unique dust-resistant surface makes this auto scanner tool stronger and more durable.
- 😄【No Worries】 Plug and play, no need any batteries, get power directly from OBD2 interface in your vehicle. Multilingual menu supports English, Spanish etc. Lifetime FREE upgrade to keep you stay current with the latest development of diagnosis.
- The VD500 OBD2 scanner is specially designed for diagnosing most 12V 16-Pin Volkswagen/Audi/Skoda/SEAT V/A Series vehicles, but it also has the ability to work on 12V cars and light trucks (non-electric) manufactured in 1996 or later that are OBD II-compliant with 16-Pin OBD II protocols (J1850 VPM, J1850PWM, ISO9141, KWP 2000 and CAN).
- For Volkswagen (VAG) vehicles diagnosis, the device can not only read and erase codes on engine, ABS, Transmission, SAS (not all cars), ESP, TPMS and other systems, but also reset the oil, brake pad and throttle position adaption.
- For other OBD II vehicles, VD500 is capable of reading/erasing, show error code definitions, turning off the MIL (check engine light) and retrieving VIN information.
- VD500’s diagnostic range for Volkswagen vehicles covers the following vehicles: VW (CC, EOS, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Passat, Phaeton, Polo, Rabbit, Sharan, Tiguan, Touran, Touareg); Audi (A3, A4, A6, A7, A8, A5, Q3, Q5, Q7, R8, RS3, TT, RS, RS5, S4, S6); Skoda (Octavia, Rapid, Yeti, Kodiaq, Fabio, Superb); SEAT (Leon, Ateca, Ibize, Altea, Cushion, Cord, Alhambra) diagnosis.
- With English and German as the two display languages, this diagnostic tool provides life-time free software updates to fix the latest bugs or add new parameters. Just download the software from the official website, then follow on-screen instructions to install.
- VERY EASY TO USE: The AutoLink AL519 OBDII/EOBD Scanner supports all 10 modes of OBDII test for a complete diagnosis. Featuring the unique patented One-Click I/M Readiness Key, TFT color display and built-in speaker, the AutoLink AL519 is truly the ultimate in power and affordability, allowing users to do their jobs faster. In addition, thousands of troubleshooter code tips help technicians to save diagnosis and repair time.
- POWERFUL COMPATIBILITY: Works on most 1996 and newer vehicles (OBDII & CAN) – domestic and import; Features the unique patented One-Click Readiness Key for quick State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification. Bright color-coded LEDs and built-in speakers provide both visual and audible tones for readiness verification.
- ACCURATE & FAST CAR DIAGNOSIS: This Autel AL519 can Retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes; Easily determines the cause of the Check Engine Light(MIL).Turns off Check Engine Light (MIL), clears codes and resets monitors. Displays DTC definition on the TFT color screen.Views freeze frame data.
- EXCLUSIVE OBDII DIAGNOSTICS: Displays monitor and I/M readiness status (emissions).Reads live PCM datastream. Displays live O2 sensor test data. Graphs data (1996 and newer vehicles).Reads, stores, and playbacks live sensor data. Enhanced OBDII Mode 6.
- UPDATE&Service: Customer service team is available for 24 hours:▲[email protected]▲Troubleshooter code tips guide technicians to the root cause of a trouble code faster, saving diagnosis and repair time. Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN, and CVN). Multilingual menu and DTC definitions – English, Spanish and French, etc.Internet updateable.Prints data via PC.
- 【Upgraded version of 2019】: This product has been on the market for more than 3 years, we have been constantly doing hardware and software optimization to ensure that the latest version is the best use. This automobile fault diagnosis instrument has two sets of systems, a full-functional OBD fault code diagnosis system and a detection and diagnosis system of ABS and SRS. Say goodbye to the high cost of car repair and waiting time, with professional diagnostic Tool, you are also a professional Dyer.
- 【Car ABS/SRS Diagnostic Tool for 24 Brands Vehicles】: CHRYSLER, USAFORD (NOT include EUFORD), GM, ACURA, AUDI, BENZ, BMW, CITROEN, HOLDEN, MINI, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, SEAT, SKODA, VOLVO, VW, HONDA, HYUNDAI, INFINITI, KIA, LEXUS, MAZDA, NISSAN, TOYOTA.
- 【Full-function On-Board Diagnostics (OBD II) for all Car Models after 1996】: This OBD2 Scanner also has a lot of functions, including I/M monitor readiness test. turning off the MIL (check engine light) and ABS/SRS warning lights, viewing freeze frame data, O2 sensor test, reading and clearing DTCs, and more.
- 【Multilingual Menu and DTC Definitions】: It works with English, French, Spanish. Don't need any Battery or Charger, gets the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in vehicle. High Compatibility Support full OBD2/EOBD protocols: ISO9141-2, ISO14230-4, SAEJ1850, ISO15765 -4.
- 【What You Get】: 1-year friendly customers' service and Lifetime Free Upgrade on top don. us to download the updating tool to register and upgrade the item. 1 * vehicle code reader; 1 * User's Manual; 1 * USB Cable; 1* TF card; 1* TF card reader.
Last update on 2020-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-08-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API