|“This site contains affiliate links for which OEMDTC may be compensated”
NHTSA ID Number: 10161888
Manufacturer Communication Number: 19NA049
This technical bulletin provides repair information to correct a customer concern of reduced propulsion power without DTCs on higher mileage vehicles (with P1.4 Cell Chemistry).
2 Affected Products
Bulletin No.: 19-NA-049
Date: May, 2019
Subject: Reduced Propulsion Power without DTCs on Higher Mileage Vehicles (with P1.4 Cell Chemistry)
This Bulletin replaces PIC6309A. Please discard PIC6309A.
|4ET50 Automatic (MKA)
|Opel / Vauxhall
|Involved Region or Country
|North America, Europe, N.A. Export Regions
|Additional Options (RPOs)
|Without RPO YK8
|Some customers may state that they occasionally see a Propulsion Power is Reduced message in the Driver Information Center (DIC) that was not present under the same driving conditions previously. They may also state the engine speed was very high at the time of the message or that the engine compartment had a hot smell.
|When the battery pack is over-discharged, the system will enter a reduced power mode until the battery state of charge self-recovers by using aggressive engine charging. This may be caused by a controls issue with normal wear of the high voltage battery. It does not necessarily indicate that the there is a problem with the battery itself.
|• If there are ANY diagnostic codes set that would affect propulsion, consider diagnosing them first prior to applying this bulletin.
• If there are NO diagnostic codes present that would affect propulsion, then this document may apply to the customer’s situation.
There are some cases where a Propulsion Power is Reduced message is considered normal. For example, any Volt or Ampera, climbing a steep grade at interstate speeds without proper use of Mountain Mode will encounter this same message without DTCs. If this is the case, refer the customer to proper use of Mountain Mode in the owner’s manual. Also, extreme outside temperatures, especially in winter, may cause the message to appear until the battery temperature has stabilized.
If a Propulsion Power is Reduced message occurs during regular operation, and there are no DTCs present, then determine the chemistry of the battery currently in the vehicle using the chemistry determination procedure, SI Document ID 4877428.
• If the vehicle has P1.4 cell chemistry on board, then reprogram the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 (HPCM2) for a new calibration to help alleviate the condition. Refer to Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2 Programming and Setup in SI.
Important: After flashing the update into the HPCM2, the technician should perform a capacity reset in the HPCM2 using GDS2; then fully charge the vehicle prior to delivery to the customer.
• If the vehicle has newer cell chemistry than P1.4, such as 2012 vehicles built with RPO code YK8 or if the vehicle has been serviced with a newer battery chemistry in the past, then the bulletin DOES NOT apply and reprogramming will not correct the condition.
After reprogramming, some customers may notice a slight reduction in EV range due to the battery no longer being over-discharged. The EV range achieved previously was due to the over-discharged condition. The new calibration properly aligns the expected EV range with the age of the vehicle.
No parts are required for this repair.
For vehicles repaired under the Voltec coverage, use the following labor operation. Reference the Applicable Warranties section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) for coverage information.
|HPCM2 reprogramming for Reduced Propulsion Power
|*This is a unique Labor Operation for Bulletin use only.
|Released March 11, 2019
May 01, 2019 – Corrected the Warranty coverage statement.
Bulletin No.: 19-NA-049
Date: May, 2019
To obtain the latest electronic controller calibration information for your vehicle, go to https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter the vehicle's 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select 'Get CAL ID’.
You can then compare the latest part number with the actual number installed on the vehicle to determine if a reprogram is needed.
The Service Programming System (SPS) application is part of the TIS2Web system. To program an ECU, the SPS application must communicate with the vehicle control modules using the proper J2534 programming interface tool.
The following are the supported interface tools:
The Tech 2 supports model years 1996 and beyond. With the addition of the CAN Diagnostic Interface (CANdi) module, Tech 2 is fully backward compatible with current Tech 2 functionality and operates transparently when diagnosing non-CAN-equipped vehicles.
Servicing the next generation Global A vehicles will require the diagnostic software, GDS2, Global Diagnostic System 2 running on a local PC device while the MDI is connected to the vehicle. The GM MDI is the Global Diagnostic tool for future vehicles starting with Global A vehicles.
The GM MDI was introduced in the fall of 2007 for Pass-Thru programming and offers faster programming speed. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and into the future. Click here to view a list of GDS supported vehicles.
- ALL OF THE J2534 PROTOCOLS - This single unit has all of the protocols you need for your OEM J2534 reprogramming and diagnostics including the latest in DoIP and CanFD
- J2534 TECHNICAL SUPPORT - FREE for the life of the tool. Staffed by technicians who understand vehicle repair and J2534 Pass‑thru
- TOOLBOX WITH OEM APPLICATION DESCRIPTIONS - educational video tutorials and real-time news – Giving you the confidence and up-to-date knowledge to get the job done
- J2534 v05.00 API - The newest version of J2534 to give you the latest in pass-thru technology
- FUTURE PROOF WITH 4 CAN CHANNELS - Going beyond the 3 required by select Chrysler/FCA models, CarDAQ-Plus 3 also provides a 4th to meet the needs of future OEM applications
- 🆚LAUNCH X431 PRO5 scan tool Upgrade all functions of X431 PRO3/X-431 Throttle III/X431-TorqueIII/X431 V+, PROS V+, PAD3. ⓵ J2534 ECU Programming &Online functions directly connect to OEM server, 50+ reset same as X-431 Throttle;⓶Bi-directional control and All system diagnostics as Snap-on scanner; ⓷ Support 150+ brands Vehicles (include CAN/CAFD/DoIP/HD protocols and AutoAuth for FCA SGW) ⓸Powered by 8-core processor(1.8GHz), Android9.0 OS, 2.4 & 5GHz WiFi connection.
- 🚜[J2534 Reprogramming With FREE SMARTBOX 3.0】Save more than $2000, LAUNCH X431 PRO5 support J2534/DOIP/CANFD/HD protocols (Needn’t buy HDIII Module,Manufacture software and non-16pin adaptors need to be purchased separately.) Download OEM software from the manufacturer’s server to 1) program data to blank/used ECUs; 2) Reflash ECUs with data loss; 3)Upgrade ECU software version. As a wireless VCI allowing the vehicle to transmit data to the diagnostic tablet without a physical connection.
- 👏[50+ Reset, Continuously Updated Reset Functions]: With the LAUNCH diagnostic tool, You will never be bothered by tricky vehicle issues and keep pace with newer technology. 50 commonly reset functions ( in the quick page ) reaching into the smallest parts to root out the problems. Extra 300+ repair functions ( in-vehicle catalog) for specific models extend the capability to reset, regeneration, initiation, matching, etc. (Functions vary by models, configurations, and systems.)
- 🌐[One stop Intelligent Diagnostic Tool]: LAUNCH X431 PRO5 obd2 scanner Bluetooth provides Repair Tips, Repair Assist, Component Measurement, TSB, Relevant Cases DTC Analysis to simplify complex diagnostic and achieve the trouble-free repair. 🤩[One Scanner For Multiple Uses]: LAUNCH diagnostic tool PRO5 collaborates with add-on modules (ADAS, Videoscope, TSGUN, X-ProG3, WiFi Pinter, Battery Tester) to expand business applications and improve diagnostic accuracy.
- 👍【2023 New OE Level Online Functions 】Bidirectional Scan Tool offers you various high-end online functions, which enable you to access the online data to do fast & complicated vehicle repairs, e.g. 1) ECU Coding for replacing, match, relearn, recode new ECU modules; 2) Online Coding for BMW, Audi, VW, Porsche, Benz to surf OEM data; 3) VAG Guided functions ease complex issues; 4) Personalization & ADAS improving car performance and driving safety.
- 🌐【Works with Autel MK908, MS908(S/Pro), MK908P, MaxiSys Elite】Autel J2534 work with these tools to program ECUs on specific BMW/ BENZ for specific functions. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your scanner MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. If need any supports, contact us via: 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘.
- 🌐【SAE J2534-1 & J2534-2 Standards】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device, which performs standard PassThru J2534 functionality: Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is also specially designed to provide users with P-C communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, reliability and flexibility.
- 🌐【High-speed Transmission Speed】Autel MaxiFlash Elite Reprogramming Device J2534 supports simultaneous communication definition in J2534-1, running 3 protocols at the same time, which greatly improves reprogramming and diagnostic speed. Embedded with the ARM9 Dual-core processor (clocked up to 500MHz), which further boosts the communicating speed to save more times and win more business.
- 🌐【Multiple Devices Connected with PC】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 also supports multiple device connections to the PC, which can operate diagnostic and reprogramming functions on more than one vehicle at the same time. Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 built-in wireless and data storage, which can update via Internet. It also ensures quickly reprogramming even the newest controllers.
- 🌐【Extensive Compatibility】Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is compatible with Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. To check compatibility, please contact 🚘auteldirect @ outlook . com🚘 directly for satisfaction-guaranteed support!
- 【As a multi-protocol Pass-Thru vehicle interface】MaxiFlash Elite is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device. Specially designed to provide users with convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, MaxiFlash Elite offers the most significant features desired by OEM customers: reliability, fast performance and flexibility.
- 【MaxiFlash Elite is an accessory tool for MK908P, MS908S Pro】Autel MaxiSys Elite to program ECUs on specific for BMW and for Benz vehicles, in case you lost the J-2534 programmer. ★★NOTE: J2534 CANNOT directly work with these single devices. After you received the J2534, you HAVE TO send us both the S/N(12 digits) of your tablet MS908S(etc.) and J2534. So, technically, Autel engineers can help you bind J2534 with your devices. The functions are NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to 🚘firstname.lastname@example.org📧🚘 to check compatibility before your order. If need any supports, Please contact us.
- 【Wireless with advanced networking functions】Built-In Wireless with advanced networking functions and data storage. Fast performance ensures reprogramming even the newest controllers & Internet upgradable and updatable. Autel MaxiFlash Elite is compatiable with MaxiSYS MS908S, MaxiSYS MS908S Pro , MaxiSYS MS908CV, MaxiCOM MK908, MaxiCOM MK908 Pro, MaxiSYS Elite, MaxiSYS Elite II and Personal Computer
- 【SAE J2534-1 & J2534-2 Standards】Autel MaxiFlash Elite J2534 is a fully compliant SAE J2534-1 & SAE J2534-2 (March 2006) device, which performs standard PassThru J2534 functionality: Compatible with for Toyota Techstream, Volvo VIDA, Honda HDS, Jaguar-Land Rover IDS and BMW 3G for OEM diagnostics. Autel MaxiFlash J2534 is also specially designed to provide users with P-C communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities on any modern vehicle diagnostic bus, reliability and flexibility.
- 【Supports simultaneous communication Definition in J2534-1】Autel MaxiFlash Elite Reprogramming Device J2534 supports simultaneous communication definition in J2534-1, running 3 protocols at the same time, which greatly improves reprogramming and diagnostic speed. Embedded with the ARM9 Dual-core processor (clocked up to 500MHz), which further boosts the communicating speed.Rugged aluminum case with non-slip rubber end caps, capable of withstanding harsh environment.
- Stay up-to-date with thelatest firmware and support of the SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer, ensuring reliable perform and optimalresults.
- The SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer is a trustedtool for professional technicians, offering comprehensive functionality and easy integration into your workflows.
- The SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer offersadvanced functionality for efficient and precise ECUs programming.
- With its 67IN1 dongle & OBDcompatibility, the SM2Pro J2534VCI ECUs programmer provides a versatilesolution for read and write operations.
- Experienceseamless ECUs programming with the SM2Pro J2534VCI, designed to streamlines the read and write processes for enhanced efficiency.
Last update on 2024-02-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.