June 29, 2017 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 17V414000
NHTSA Campaign Number: 17V414
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Potential Number of Units Affected 690,685
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 vehicles. The vehicles may have a temporary loss of electric power steering (EPS) assist, especially during low-speed turning maneuvers.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the EPS module software, free of charge. The recall began on August 10, 2017. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC customer service at 1-800-432-8782. GM’s number for this recall is 17276.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Product Safety Recall
17276 Loss of Steering Assist
|Reference Number:||N172085440||Release Date:||May 2018|
|Revision Description: This bulletin has been revised to include the following note. Note: If the customer states they have experienced a loss of assist or other electrical issues, refer to 18-NA-161 for additional diagnostic and remedy information. Repairs performed in 18-NA-161 are not covered in field action bulletin 17276. Payment for diagnostic and repair work performed in 18-NA-161 is warranty, customer pay or goodwill. Please discard all copies of bulletin 17276-01.|
|Attention:||It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
Vehicles involved in this recall were placed on stop delivery June 29, 2017. Once the service procedure contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle, the vehicle is released from stop delivery and the vehicle can be delivered to the customer.
All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.
Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs.
|Condition||General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2014 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD and GMC Sierra LD vehicles. These vehicles may experience a temporary loss of electric power steering (EPS) assist followed by a sudden return of EPS assist, particularly during low-speed turning maneuvers. The loss and sudden return of EPS assist typically happens within a 1 second period and is caused by an electrical/software issue. If EPS assist is lost and suddenly returned, the driver could lose temporary control of the steering wheel, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|Correction||Dealers will reprogram the EPS module software.|
No parts are required for this procedure.
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time||Trans. Type||Net Item|
|9102922*||Power Steering Control Module Reprogramming with SPS||0.3||ZFAT||N/A|
|9103285||Customer Reimbursement Approved
– For USA and Canada dealers only
– For Export dealers only
|9103286||Customer Reimbursement Denied – For USA dealers only||N/A||ZFAT||***|
* To avoid warranty transaction rejections, the SPS Warranty Claim Code must be entered when submitting this transaction.
Note: To avoid having to “H” route the customer reimbursement for approval, it must be submitted prior to the repair transaction.
** For USA and Canada: Submit the dollar amount reimbursed to the customer in Net/Reimbursement. Submit $20.00 administrative allowance in Net/Admin Allowance.
For Export: Submit the dollar amount reimbursed to the customer in Net/Reimbursement.
*** Submit $10.00 administrative allowance in Net/Admin Allowance.
Warranty Claim Code Retrieval
- Open TIS on the computer used to program the vehicle
- Select and start SPS
- Select Settings
- Select the Warranty Claim Code tab
The VIN, Warranty Claim Code and Date/Time will be listed on a roster of recent programming events. If the code is retrievable, dealers should resubmit the transaction making sure to include the code in the SPS Warranty Claim Code field.
Note: Carefully read and follow the instructions below.
- Ensure the programming tool is equipped with the latest software and is securely connected to the data link connector. If there is an interruption during programming, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
- Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. When required install the EL-49642 SPS Programming Support Tool to maintain system voltage. If not available, connect a fully charged 12 V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply. DO NOT connect a battery charger.
- Turn OFF or disable systems that may put a load on the vehicles battery such as; interior lights, exterior lights (including daytime running lights), HVAC, radio, etc.
- Clear DTCs after programming is complete. Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
Note: If the customer states they have experienced a loss of assist or other electrical issues, refer to 18-NA-161 for additional diagnostic and remedy information. Repairs performed in 18-NA-161 are not covered in field action bulletin 17276. Payment for diagnostic and repair work performed in 18-NA-161 is warranty, customer pay or goodwill.
- Reprogram the power steering control module. Refer to Power Steering Control Module Programming and Setup in SI.
- Record SPS Warranty Claim Code on job card for warranty transaction submission.
- CALIFORNIA VEHICLES ONLY: Complete a “Proof of Correction” certificate and provide to the vehicle owner upon recall completion.
Dealer Responsibility — For US and Export (US States, Territories, and Possessions)
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time.
Dealer Responsibility — All
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.
Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. A copy of the customer letter is provided in this bulletin for your use in contacting customers. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your dealership for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles has been prepared and will be provided to U.S. and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
Courtesy Transportation – For USA & Canada
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in a product program and still within the warranty coverage period. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Sections 1.4 and 6.1.10, for courtesy transportation program details.
USA & Canada – General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle (see copy of customer letter included with this bulletin).
Export – Letters will be sent to known owners of record located within areas covered by the US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. For owners outside these areas, dealers should notify customers using the attached sample letter.
Customer requests for reimbursement of previously paid repairs to correct the condition described in this bulletin are to be submitted to the dealer prior to or by August 31, 2018. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual, Section 6.1.11 – Product Field Action Customer Reimbursement Procedure (USA & Canada) or local Policies and Procedures, for details.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN:_______________________________
Dear General Motors Customer:
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2014 model year Chevrolet Silverado LD and GMC Sierra LD vehicles. As a result, GM is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we are concerned about your safety and continued satisfaction with our products.
I M P O R T A N T
|Why is your vehicle being recalled?||These vehicles may experience a temporary loss of electric power steering (EPS) assist followed by a sudden return of EPS assist, particularly during low-speed turning maneuvers. The loss and sudden return of EPS assist typically happens within a 1 second period and is caused by an electrical/software issue. If EPS assist is lost and suddenly returned, the driver could lose temporary control of the steering wheel, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|What will we do?||Your GM dealer will reprogram the EPS module software. This service will be performed for you at no charge. Because of service scheduling requirements, it is likely that your dealer will need your vehicle longer than the actual service correction time of approximately 20 minutes.|
|What should you do?||You should contact your GM dealer to arrange a service appointment as soon as possible.|
|Did you already pay for this repair?||Even though you may have already had repairs for this condition, you will still need to take your vehicle to your dealer for additional repairs. If you have paid for repairs for the recall condition, please complete the enclosed reimbursement form and present it to your dealer with all required documents. Working with your dealer will expedite your request, however, if this is not convenient, you may mail the completed reimbursement form and all required documents to Reimbursement Department, PO Box 33170, Detroit, MI 48232-5170. The completed form and required documents must be presented to your dealer or received by the Reimbursement Department by August 31, 2018, unless state law specifies a longer reimbursement period.|
|Do you have questions?||If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.|
|Division||Number||Text Telephones (TTY)|
|Puerto Rico – English||1-800-496-9992|
|Puerto Rico – Español||1-800-496-9993|
If after contacting your dealer and the Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1.888.327.4236 (TTY 1.800.424.9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Campaign ID Number for this recall is 17V414.
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Jeffrey M. Boyer
Global Vehicle Safety
GM Recall 17276
Closed Product Field Actions Re-Opened Due to Missing or Invalid Warranty Claim Codes Recalls 15176, 15240, 15299, 15808, 16007, 17130, 17276, 17287 and 45340
A warranty audit of paid transactions for the safety and noncompliance recalls identified above revealed that some transactions were submitted without a Warranty Claim Code (WCC) or with an incorrect WCC. This code is generated when a control module is successfully programmed using the TIS Service Programming System (SPS). Since these transactions were identified as not having a valid WCC, the status of the involved vehicles was changed from “closed” to “open” in the Required Field Actions section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH). Dealer message GCUS-3-1280 dated June 26, 2018 provides additional details (see attached copy).
|Q1:||Will these transactions be debited?|
|A1:||No, only the field action is being re-opened in IVH in the interest of customer safety. However, some previous transactions for recall 15299 were re-opened and debited on March 16, 2018. These transactions are now being worked by the Warranty Support Center (WSC) to cancel the debits and re-credit the affected dealers. Future transactions that do not contain a valid WCC may be debited, if dealers do not take appropriate actions resolve this situation.|
|Q2:||What if a dealer can’t locate the current vehicle owner?|
|A2:||If the current vehicle owner cannot be located, no further action is necessary. GM uses state vehicle registration records to regularly update owner of record information for open field actions. These updates are available on the Open Vehicle Report (OVR), which is posted monthly in GM GlobalConnect. Product field action reminder notices are also mailed to the new vehicle owners as they are identified.|
|Q3:||Will a dealer be paid to program a vehicle a second time?|
|A3:||Yes, if a second programming event is required, dealers should open a new job card and re-use the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. To facilitate this activity, an update was made in Service Programming System (SPS) which allows a technician to override the “same calibration” warning on these specific recall reprogramming events. This provides the ability to perform the second programming event and obtain a new WCC.|
|Q4:||If another dealer was originally involved, can any dealer perform the second programming event and how do they get paid?|
|A4:||Performance of the second programming event is not restricted to the dealer who performed the original programming event and did not submit a valid WCC. In such cases, dealers should submit a transaction as they normally do, using the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. The first dealer to submit a transaction with a valid WCC will be paid and the recall will be closed in IVH. Exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis by the GM Warranty Support Center (WSC).|
|Q5:||If a valid WCC is retrievable from dealer records, can the original transaction be adjusted in the GWM system?|
|A5:||Yes, if the original transaction was processed within the past 2 years, the transaction can be adjusted (adding the WCC) on-line in the GWM system. Dealers should not use their Dealer Management System (DMS) to do this.|
|Q6:||If a dealer has a valid WCC and is re-submitting an original transaction that is less than 2 years old, are they entitled to labor time?|
|A6:||As a technician is not required in this case, dealers are not entitled to claim additional labor time. A dealer however may submit a $20.00 administrative allowance as compensation for processing the second transaction. After adding the WCC to the original transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field the dealer may add $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field and resubmit the transaction.|
|Q8:||What should a dealer do if they have a valid WCC, but the original transaction is over 2 years old? Can they resubmit the transaction?|
|A8:||No, the dealer should create a new job card making sure to use all the information from the first job card (open date, mileage and technician code, etc.). After adding the WCC to the transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field and $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field, the dealer should submit the new transaction.|
|Q9:||What should a dealer do if a valid WCC is not retrievable from dealer records?|
|A9:||If a valid WCC was not recorded on the shop copy of the job card and/or is not retrievable from the SPS history log, the involved vehicle must be reprogrammed to generate a new WCC. Using the labor code and labor time provided in the bulletin, the dealer should create a new job card. Note that the dealer is entitled to whatever time is listed in the bulletin, but not the $20.00 administrative allowance. Upon completion of this second programming event, the dealer should submit the new transaction making sure to include the new WCC.|
|Q10:||Will the system reject these transactions due to age or mileage?|
|A10:||There is no “over-age” or “mileage rollback” edit in place for the resubmission of these transactions, so they should pay without the need for wholesale authorization.|
2 Affected Products
28 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: June 29, 2017 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall 17276
Defect Notice 573 Report
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 2
Recall 573 Report-amendment 1
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: July 13, 2017 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 17276
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: August 7, 2017 Subject: 17276 – Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist
Safety Bulletin – Reference Number: N172085440 Release Date: August 2017
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: August 10, 2018 Subject: 17276-02 – Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist Revised Service Procedure section
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: August 10, 2018 Subject: 17276-02 – Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist Revised Service Procedure section
Dealer FAQs 16Jul2018
Safety Bulletin – Reference Number: N172085440 Release Date: May 2018 Revision: 01
Safety Bulletin – Reference Number: N172085440 Release Date: August 2018 Revision: 02
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: October 11, 2018 Subject: Reopened Recalls Involving Module Reprogramming Events
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: June 26, 2018 Subject: Select Safety and Noncompliance Recalls Closed Transactions Reopened Due to Warranty Audit See Table Below
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: June 26, 2018 Subject: Select Safety and Noncompliance Recalls Closed Transactions Reopened Due to Warranty Audit
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: July 16, 2018 Subject: Service Programming System Warranty Claim Code Audit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Reopened Recalls Involving Module Reprogramming Events – FAQs
Safety Bulletin – Reference Number: N172085440 Release Date: August 2018 Revision: 02
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2018-4
Recall Quarterly Report
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2018-1
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: May 30, 2018 Subject: 17276-01 – Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist Revised Warranty and Service Procedure sections
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2018-3
Latest Recalls Documents
To obtain the latest electronic controller calibration information for your vehicle, go to https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter the vehicle’s 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select ‘Get CAL ID’.
You can then compare the latest part number with the actual number installed on the vehicle to determine if a reprogram is needed.
The Service Programming System (SPS) application is part of the TIS2Web system. To program an ECU, the SPS application must communicate with the vehicle control modules using the proper J2534 programming interface tool.
The following are the supported interface tools:
|OEM GM Tech 2 Dealer Package|
|Bosch GM MDI 2 (2nd Gen) MDI2 interface|
The Tech 2 supports model years 1996 and beyond. With the addition of the CAN Diagnostic Interface (CANdi) module, Tech 2 is fully backward compatible with current Tech 2 functionality and operates transparently when diagnosing non-CAN-equipped vehicles.
The GM MDI is the Global Diagnostic tool for future vehicles starting with Global A vehicles. The GM MDI was introduced in the fall of 2007 for Pass-Thru programming and offers faster programming speed. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and into the future. Click here to view a list of GDS supported vehicles.
- The CarDAQ-M provides complete SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 capabilities as well as functionality for all vehicle makes and models.
- The "M" in CarDAQ-M stands for "modular" meaning this product evolves with technology as it is introduced to the market.
- OEM-level Engine, Transmission and Body Control Module Reprogramming, and Dealer-level Diagnostics are available to you.
- OEM diagnostics for BMW, GM, Honda/Acura, Jaguar/ Land Rover, Toyota, Volkswagen/Audi, and Volvo
- Free J2534 Toolbox application with video’s and help tools, free software updates and toll-free technical phone and email support
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- VXDIAG VCX Nano support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us
- We provide full time online support, if you have any questions about our device, please feel free to contact us online via ask us a question or send us email
- 🥇【CERTIFIED BY AUTHORITY】: As an upgraded version of the MS908P,same function as MS908S PRO and MaxiSys Elite. This superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain, and characterized by its high-end diagnostic features with easy-to-use operations. It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance.
- 🏆【ECU Programming】This Autel scanner owns the same ECU programming function as the Autel Maxisys Elite. Equipped with SAE-J2534 box, this ECU programming tool allows you to reprogram adaptive data for different control units of BMW and Benz, fixing issues of drivability, fuel efficiency, power loss, fault codes and durability of mechanical parts.
- 🏆【ECU Coding】Autel scanner MK908P offers the capacity of changing options within your vehicle’s ECU to add, subtract, or modify features. That means, many extra features can be unlocked through this diagnostic scan tool - High beams and Fog lights Together, Double blink hazards, Digital Accurate MPH Gauge, Remove Seatbelt Chimes, Enhanced Bluetooth Enable, etc.
- 🏆【25 Service Functions】25 commonly-used service functions (Oil reset, EPB, BMS, DPF, Injector, etc.) of this Autel scanner are prepared for quickly accessing specific car systems for scheduled maintenance. Injector Coding is to program new injector numbers to replace the previous one. EPB is to assist with brake fluid control, open and close brake pads, etc. Throttle is to initialize the throttle actuators.
- 🏆【Features for Easy Operation】Compared with Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P, this OBD2 scanner features more advanced configuration (Android 4.4 OS, Hexa-core processor, etc.) with more accessories (20+ adapters and cables ), which effectively improves the running speed and work efficiency. 12-month free updates and warranty are offered for you, basic functions could still be used without updates. To check wheather MK908P is compatible with your car, please send VIN number to [email protected]outlook.com.
- 【Advanced IMMO & Key Programming】Autel IM608 is a perfect choice for auto technicians and locksmiths to encrypt keys, add keys, change keys, and generate keys. The Smart Mode and Expert Mode in IMMO app offer you guided and advanced Key Learning to choose. The Autel scanner can also read/write various key chips helping perform complete key programming quickly. 🔥Note: IM608 just can be used in the US. Don’t take it to other countries or change the IP.
- 【ECU Coding & Active Test】Active Test helps you accurately figure out whether a specific subsystem or component in vehicles goes well. This function may appear as Actuators, Actuator Test, or Function Tests, and the tests options vary by vehicle manufacturer and model. After repairs or replacements of vehicle parts, Autel IM608 can reprogram adaptive data for certain components of the test vehicle through ECU Coding.
- 【Reliable Key & ECU Programming Tools】 Equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU reprogrammer, this Autel scanner performs IMMO Add Key, All Key Lost and Key Learning for 3rd generation Benz. Besides convenient PC communication and ECU reprogramming capabilities from the MaxiFlash tool, it can read transponder data (including Mercedes Benz infrared smart key), clone/generate exclusive keys, etc. by working with the XP400 key programmer.
- 【Language & Wide Compatibility】When you get this Autel scanner, it only supports English. 🔥You can get the required language by providing the serial number for customer service via ▶[email protected]◀. Compatible with more than 80 makes and models from the US, Asian and European, the Autel IM608 can perform OE-Level all-system diagnostics for Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, GM, Jeep, etc.
- 【12-Month Free Update & Warranty】Autel IM608 comes with a 1-year free update online to improve the apps’ capabilities by adding critical patches, new models, etc. When the 1-year update expires, it will cost $1250 per year to continue updating. A 12-month warranty gives you a guarantee for any possible quality problems. For any question, feel free to ask the customer service.
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.
- Installation Tips: Tech2win software can only be installed on 32bit computer(win7 or win10 both ok) and please attention Tech2win software can not be installed on virtual machine, need install on physica system. For any technical problem, please feel free to contact us at any time, we have engineer can assist you online.
- 【ADVANCED IN ONE KEY PROGRAMMING】Most advanced and the unique all in one key programming and diagnostic tool that combines advanced key programming, all systems diagnostics, and advanced services in one Android-based 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet.Read/write transponder data, ECU/MCU/EEPROM data (eg. 9S12 encryption chip), IC card, detect remote frequency.Please send VIN number to▲[email protected]▲ to check compatibility.
- 【IMPORTANT IMMO FUNCTIONS FOR YOUR CAR】IMMO related functions, including Key Learning, Remote Control Learning, Remote Control Add, etc. The working range for BT communication is about 210feet (70 m)You can perform key programming and vehicle diagnosis on various vehicles conveniently, by pairing the tablet separately to each of the MaxiFlashc.
- 【20+ SPECIAL SERVICE FUNCTIONS】▲Currently, IM608 just can be used in US. Please don't switch the IP or the device will be locked! Don't take IM608 to other countries▲It can retrieve ECU information, read & erase DTCs, and view live data. The Diagnostics application can access the electronic control unit(ECU) for various vehicle control systems, including engine, transmission, antilock brake system (ABS), airbag system (SRS).
- 【OE-LEVEL CAR KEY PROGRAMMING】IM608 is equipped with XP400 key programmer and MaxiFlash ECU programmer to provide complete coverage of IMMO and programming functions. Note: Autel IM608 + APB112 + G-BOX2 can not work with XP200 Key Programmer. NOTE: APB112 is NOT universally compatible. Please send VIN number to [email protected] to check compatibility.
- 【12-month Quality assurance is available】We'll offer you a solution if you have any doubts about this product. Enjoy this absolutely RISK-FREE purchase. If you have any issue after you get the item, please CONTACT>>▲[email protected] ▲, you can get a quick response.
- 【SUPERIOR CODING & PROGRAMMING】 Supports coding and programming especially for BMW and Mercedes. With the VCI of MK908P for SAE J2534-1 and J2534-2 protocols, it can replace the existing software and firmware in ECU without expensive original equipment.
- 【WIDE DIAGNOSTIC SOLUTIONS】 Well capable of VCM coding and programming, TPMS coding, intelligent cruise control (ICC), ECU coding, live data, dashboard matching, airbag system reset, anti-theft key matching and more.
- 【POWERFUL DIAGNOSTIC TOOL】 The oscilloscope MP408 combine with MaxiCOM MK908P is able to measure and test virtually all the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicles, providing you an insight to the inner workings of a vehicle’s electronic circuits.
- 【HIGH-EFFICIENCY OF USE】 Being MS908P upgraded, it is Autel’s latest and most sophisticated diagnostic scanner which boasts the best hardware including Hexa-CPU, 2GB RAM etc. for fast boot-up and multitasking, and the ergonomic design to resist damage of heavy use.
- 【WARRANTY & UPDATE】 You can get quality related services within 12 months warranty, besides, 12 months free online update is available for the latest bug fixes and newly added parameters and car models.
- CERTIFIED BY AUTHORITY: As an upgraded version of the MS908P,same function as MS908S PRO and MaxiSys Elite. This superior diagnostic device is awarded as the Best Vehicle Diagnostic Tool in Britain, and characterized by its high-end diagnostic features with easy-to-use operations. It’s an ultimate car scanner for DIYers, experienced mechanics, even garage to finish professional-level vehicle repair and maintenance.
- ECU CODING/PROGRAMMING: This top-level OBD2 scanner comes with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant PassThru reprogramming interface device which allows you to use the updated OEM software to replace the existing software/firmware in ECUs, programming new ECUs for Benz/BMW and fixing software-controlled drivability issues and emission issues.
- TOP-LEVEL CONFIGURATION: This Android4.4 based high-end car scanner is designed with the advanced hardware configurations including super-fast hexa-core Processor, 2GM RAM, 64GB On-board Memory, 8.0 Megapixel rear cam, ultra-clear 10.1 inches LED screen etc. for users to detect the problems of the given vehicle efficiently and accurately.
- ABUNDANT VEHICLE MODELS: This diagnostic scan tool is built for testing more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes and you can use it to test more vehicles when you complete the update at our official website once in a while. It is basically a bidirectional scanner that allows you to send and receive data to and from a car’s control modules.
- DATA MANAGEMENT OPERAION: In order to bring convenience for users to manage all the data and parameters stored in this diagnostic tool, Autel MK908P supports the following user-friendly managing functions: Shop Manager Operation, MaxiFix Operation, Data Manager Operation, etc. to quickly and directly select the required referring information while diagnosing.
- ADVANCED ECU CODING Exceptional OE-Level functionality from comprehensive OBDII diagnostics & services to advanced ECU coding and programming working with a SAE J2534-1 & -2 compliant vehicle programming pass-thru interface
- EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE; The most extensive complete system coverage for more than 80 US domestic, Asian and European makes and models
- AUTOMATIC SYSTEM Automatic system and software updates with real-time push message notifications via internet with instant remote control tech support anytime, anywhere and interactive Data Logging sessions enable direct contact with Autel
- ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS Support for first-hand troubleshooting of diagnostic bugs and errors, and one-stop multitasking designed for ideal management of workshop operations to keep all data files, customer info, and vehicle records well organized
- UNIQUE ERGONOMIC DESIGN; with rubberized outer protection and a rugged internal housing