April 28, 2016 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 16V257000
Without audible indicators, the driver may leave the key in the ignition, increasing the risk of theft.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V257
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Components EQUIPMENT, ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
Potential Number of Units Affected 317,572
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013-2016 Chevrolet Sonic and Trax vehicles and 2013-2015 Chevrolet Spark vehicles equipped with a Bring Your Own Media radio. The affected radios may fail to provide an audible warning chime when the driver, after turning off the ignition and leaving the key in the cylinder, waits 10 minutes or longer to open the door. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 114 “Theft Protection.”
GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the radio software, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM’s number for this recall is 17130.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Bulletin No.: 17130E
Date: February 2018
F/CMVSS NONCOMPLIANCE RECALL
|Subject:||Loss of Key Reminder Chime|
|Models:||2013-2016 Chevrolet Sonic|
|2013-2015 Chevrolet Spark|
|2013-2016 Chevrolet Trax|
|Equipped with Bring Your Own Media (RPO UF7)|
|The Service Procedure and the Warranty Information sections have been revised. Effective immediately, technicians MUST record the Warranty Claim Code on the Job Card. To avoid warranty transaction rejection, this information must be entered when submitting the transaction. If the Same Calibration/Software Warning is noted on the SPS Controller screen, continue with the programming event using SPS to ensure a Warranty Claim Code is displayed on screen. Please discard all copies of bulletin 17130D.|
|It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.|
|Vehicles involved in this recall were placed on stop delivery April 27, 2016. Once the service procedure contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle, the vehicle is released from stop delivery and the vehicle can be delivered to the customer.|
All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle.
General Motors has decided that certain 2013-2016 model year Chevrolet Sonic and Trax vehicles and 2013-2015 model year Chevrolet Spark vehicles equipped with a bring your own media (“BYOM”) (RPO UF7) radio may not comply with Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 114, “Theft protection and rollaway prevention.” BYOM radio software in these vehicles may fail to provide an audible warning/reminder chime when the driver, after turning off the ignition and leaving the key in the cylinder, waits 10 minutes or longer to open the door for the first time. The vehicle may also fail to provide – or provide a shortened – audible warning when the driver opens the door, hears a chime, leaves the key in the ignition, closes the door, and subsequently opens the door a second time more than 20 seconds later. If no key reminder chime sounds to alert the driver to a key left in the ignition, there is an increased risk of theft.
Dealers are to reprogram the radio with corrected operating software.
All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this recall.
There are no parts required for this procedure.
Note: Carefully read and follow the instructions below.
- Ensure the programming tool is equipped with the latest software and is securely connected to the data link connector. If there is an interruption during programming, programming failure or control module damage may occur.
- Stable battery voltage is critical during programming. Any fluctuation, spiking, over voltage or loss of voltage will interrupt programming. When required install the EL-49642 SPS Programming Support Tool to maintain system voltage. If not available, connect a fully charged 12 V jumper or booster pack disconnected from the AC voltage supply. DO NOT connect a battery charger.
- Turn OFF or disable systems that may put a load on the vehicles battery such as; interior lights, exterior lights (including daytime running lights), HVAC, radio, etc.
- Clear DTCs after programming is complete. Clearing powertrain DTCs will set the Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) system status indicators to NO.
Note: The programming process for this bulletin REQUIRES hardwired connections for the MDI to the TIS2WEB PC USB port and from the TIS2WEB PC to the dealership internet connection due to the length of this update.
Note: If, after successful USB programming, you encounter an SPS error during/after normal programming where SPS shows “Operation 27 | ErrorCode FD”, STOP. Make no further programming attempts and contact TCSC. Below is an example of this error.
|Why am I receiving a warning for the same calibrations?|
|The radio “locked-up” during programming, is left with no communication, an E-4491 error code, and/or is unable to program again. What can be done to prevent this?|
|The right steering wheel control is inoperative after programming. Why is this?|
|I received a “Place vehicle in park message” when trying to program a manual transmission vehicle. What should I do?|
|Where do I find the Spark or Trax in TIS2WEB if it does not automatically find it from reading the VIN?|
|When programming a Spark or Trax in TIS2WEB, I do not see an “A11 Radio – Programming” or “A11 Radio – USB File Transfer” option. Where are these located?|
|I’ve encountered a SMD File Invalid Message and can’t continue with programming. What do I do?|
|During the USB file transfer download process in TIS2WEB, some models ask to choose the “Model Designator” from a list of codes. Where do I find this information so I choose the correct Model Designator?|
Note: If the Same Calibration/Software Warning is noted on the SPS Controller screen, continue with the programming event using SPS to ensure a Warranty Claim Code is displayed on screen. Technicians MUST record the Warranty Claim Code (1) on the Job Card. To avoid warranty transaction rejection, this information must be entered when submitting the transaction.
- Install EL-49642 SPS programming support tool.
- Access the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: All existing files on the USB drive will be erased when the new files are copied.
- Connect a USB drive to the computer.
- On the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select A11 Radio – USB File Transfer, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Upon completion of the file transfer, remove the USB drive from the computer.
- Ignition ON, radio ON.
- Connect the USB drive to the USB port in the vehicle.
- Follow the infotainment display on screen instructions and select “Update” when prompted. (Trax shown as example-Sonic and Spark will be similar.
- Programming will take several minutes.
Note: When USB programming has completed, the radio will go to the Home/Menu screen, and the calibration ID screen will show, confirming the current and new software is now the same. Audio should be playing before removing the USB drive. Select “Cancel” and continue to step 10. (Trax shown as example-Sonic and Spark will be similar).
- When USB programming is complete, remove the USB device from the vehicle USB port and access the Service Programming System (SPS) and follow the on-screen instructions.
- When USB programming has been completed, on the SPS Supported Controllers screen, select A11 Radio – Programming, and follow the on-screen instructions.
- At the end of programming, clear DTC’s.
Note: If you have programming concerns or SPS error codes, call the Techline Customer Support Center. TCSC can be reached at 1-800-828-6860.
Floor Plan Reimbursement
Dealers in possession of vehicles included in the Stop Delivery are eligible for reimbursement of floor plan expense upon completion of this recall. This reimbursement is limited to the number of days from the Stop Delivery message to receipt of the recall parts and/or repair procedures. Floor plan reimbursement beyond these dates is not allowed. The amount of reimbursement should be charged as a net amount expense using the recall labor operation provided.
Courtesy Transportation – For US and Canada
The General Motors Courtesy Transportation program is intended to minimize customer inconvenience when a vehicle requires a repair that is covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranties. The availability of courtesy transportation to customers whose vehicles are within the warranty coverage period and involved in a product program is very important in maintaining customer satisfaction. Dealers are to ensure that these customers understand that shuttle service or some other form of courtesy transportation is available and will be provided at no charge. Dealers should refer to the General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual for Courtesy Transportation guidelines.
Warranty Transaction Information
Submit a transaction using the table below. All transactions should be submitted as a ZFAT transaction type, unless noted otherwise.
Note: To avoid having to “H” route the floor plan transaction for approval, it must be submitted prior to the repair transaction.
|Labor Code||Description||Labor Time||Net Item|
|9102184*||Radio Reprogramming using USB||0.6||N/A|
|9102197||Floor Plan Reimbursement||N/A||***|
* To avoid warranty transaction rejections, the SPS Warranty Claim Code must be entered when submitting this transaction.
** The amount identified in the “Net Item” column should represent the product of the vehicle’s average daily interest rate (see table below) multiplied by the actual number of days the vehicle was in dealer inventory and not available for sale. This reimbursement is limited to the number of days from the date of the stop delivery message (April 27, 2016) to the date the repair is completed and the vehicle is ready for sale (not to exceed 16 days):
|Vehicle||US Reimbursement Amount||Canadian Reimbursement Amount|
|2013 Chevrolet Sonic||$2.24||$3.09|
|2014 Chevrolet Sonic||$2.33||$3.48|
|2014 Chevrolet Trax||N/A||$3.76|
Customer Notification – For US and Canada
General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle (see copy of customer letter included with this bulletin).
Customer Notification – For Export
Letters will be sent to known owners of record located within areas covered by the US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. For owners outside these areas, dealers should notify customers using the attached sample letter.
Dealer Recall Responsibility – For US and Export (US States, Territories, and Possessions)
It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied.
The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time.
This bulletin is notice to you that the new motor vehicles included in this recall may not comply with the standard identified above. Under Title 49, Section 30112 of the United States Code, it is illegal for a dealer to sell a new motor vehicle which the dealer knows does not comply with an applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. As a consequence, if you sell any of these motor vehicles without first performing the recall correction, your facility may be subject to a civil penalty for each such sale.
Dealer Recall Responsibility – All
All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose.
All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program.
Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward.
Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. A copy of the customer letter is provided in this bulletin for your use in contacting customers. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter.
In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this recall enters your vehicle inventory, or is in your facility for service in the future, you must take the steps necessary to be sure the recall correction has been made before selling or releasing the vehicle.
IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL
Dear General Motors Customer:
This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: _____________________________________
This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act.
General Motors has decided that certain 2013-2016 model year Chevrolet Sonic and Trax vehicles and 2013-2015 model year Chevrolet Spark vehicles equipped with a bring your own media (“BYOM”) radio, may not comply with Federal/Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 114, “Theft protection and rollaway prevention.” As a result, GM is conducting a recall. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we are concerned about your safety and continued satisfaction with our products.
|Why is your vehicle being recalled?||BYOM radio software in these vehicles may fail to provide an audible warning/reminder chime when the driver, after turning off the ignition and leaving the key in the cylinder, waits 10 minutes or longer to open the door for the first time. The vehicle may also fail to provide – or provide a shortened – audible warning when the driver opens the door, hears a chime, leaves the key in the ignition, closes the door, and subsequently opens the door a second time more than 20 seconds later. If no key reminder chime sounds to alert the driver to a key left in the ignition, there is an increased risk of theft.|
|What will we do?||Your GM dealer will reprogram the radio with corrected operating software. This service will be performed for you at no charge. Because of service scheduling requirements, it is likely that your dealer will need your vehicle longer than the actual service correction time of approximately 40 minutes.|
|What should you do?||You should contact your GM dealer to arrange a service appointment as soon as possible.|
|Do you have questions?||If you have questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below.|
|Division||Number||Text Telephones (TTY)|
|Puerto Rico – English||1-800-496-9992|
|Puerto Rico – Español||1-800-496-9993|
If after contacting your dealer and the Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE, Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1.888.327.4236 (TTY 1.800.424.9153), or go to http://www.safercar.gov. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Campaign ID Number for this recall is 16V257.
Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days.
Jeffrey M. Boyer
Global Vehicle Safety
GM Recall 17130
Closed Product Field Actions Re-Opened Due to Missing or Invalid Warranty Claim Codes Recalls 15176, 15240, 15299, 15808, 16007, 17130, 17276, 17287 and 45340
A warranty audit of paid transactions for the safety and noncompliance recalls identified above revealed that some transactions were submitted without a Warranty Claim Code (WCC) or with an incorrect WCC. This code is generated when a control module is successfully programmed using the TIS Service Programming System (SPS). Since these transactions were identified as not having a valid WCC, the status of the involved vehicles was changed from “closed” to “open” in the Required Field Actions section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH). Dealer message GCUS-3-1280 dated June 26, 2018 provides additional details (see attached copy).
|Q1:||Will these transactions be debited?|
|A1:||No, only the field action is being re-opened in IVH in the interest of customer safety. However, some previous transactions for recall 15299 were re-opened and debited on March 16, 2018. These transactions are now being worked by the Warranty Support Center (WSC) to cancel the debits and re-credit the affected dealers. Future transactions that do not contain a valid WCC may be debited, if dealers do not take appropriate actions resolve this situation.|
|Q2:||What if a dealer can’t locate the current vehicle owner?|
|A2:||If the current vehicle owner cannot be located, no further action is necessary. GM uses state vehicle registration records to regularly update owner of record information for open field actions. These updates are available on the Open Vehicle Report (OVR), which is posted monthly in GM GlobalConnect. Product field action reminder notices are also mailed to the new vehicle owners as they are identified.|
|Q3:||Will a dealer be paid to program a vehicle a second time?|
|A3:||Yes, if a second programming event is required, dealers should open a new job card and re-use the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. To facilitate this activity, an update was made in Service Programming System (SPS) which allows a technician to override the “same calibration” warning on these specific recall reprogramming events. This provides the ability to perform the second programming event and obtain a new WCC.|
|Q4:||If another dealer was originally involved, can any dealer perform the second programming event and how do they get paid?|
|A4:||Performance of the second programming event is not restricted to the dealer who performed the original programming event and did not submit a valid WCC. In such cases, dealers should submit a transaction as they normally do, using the labor code and labor time from the applicable bulletin. The first dealer to submit a transaction with a valid WCC will be paid and the recall will be closed in IVH. Exceptions will be addressed on a case-by-case basis by the GM Warranty Support Center (WSC).|
|Q5:||If a valid WCC is retrievable from dealer records, can the original transaction be adjusted in the GWM system?|
|A5:||Yes, if the original transaction was processed within the past 2 years, the transaction can be adjusted (adding the WCC) on-line in the GWM system. Dealers should not use their Dealer Management System (DMS) to do this.|
|Q6:||If a dealer has a valid WCC and is re-submitting an original transaction that is less than 2 years old, are they entitled to labor time?|
|A6:||As a technician is not required in this case, dealers are not entitled to claim additional labor time. A dealer however may submit a $20.00 administrative allowance as compensation for processing the second transaction. After adding the WCC to the original transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field the dealer may add $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field and resubmit the transaction.|
|Q8:||What should a dealer do if they have a valid WCC, but the original transaction is over 2 years old? Can they resubmit the transaction?|
|A8:||No, the dealer should create a new job card making sure to use all the information from the first job card (open date, mileage and technician code, etc.). After adding the WCC to the transaction’s “SPS Warranty Claim Code” field and $20.00 to the Net Item/Admin Allowance field, the dealer should submit the new transaction.|
|Q9:||What should a dealer do if a valid WCC is not retrievable from dealer records?|
|A9:||If a valid WCC was not recorded on the shop copy of the job card and/or is not retrievable from the SPS history log, the involved vehicle must be reprogrammed to generate a new WCC. Using the labor code and labor time provided in the bulletin, the dealer should create a new job card. Note that the dealer is entitled to whatever time is listed in the bulletin, but not the $20.00 administrative allowance. Upon completion of this second programming event, the dealer should submit the new transaction making sure to include the new WCC.|
|Q10:||Will the system reject these transactions due to age or mileage?|
|A10:||There is no “over-age” or “mileage rollback” edit in place for the resubmission of these transactions, so they should pay without the need for wholesale authorization.|
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
11 Affected Products
27 Associated Documents
Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-2
Safety Bulletin – Bulletin No.: 17130 Date: April 2016
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: April 27, 2016 Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Noncompliance Recall 17130
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: May 2, 2016 Subject: 17130A – Noncompliance Recall Loss of Key Reminder Chime Service Procedure Revised
Safety Bulletin – Bulletin No.: 17130A Date: May 2016
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: April 28, 2016 Subject: 17130 – Noncompliance Recall Loss of Key Reminder Chime
Safety Bulletin – Bulletin No.: 17130B Date: May 2016
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: May 11, 2016 Subject: 17130B – Noncompliance Recall Loss of Key Reminder Chime Floor Plan and Customer Notification Letter Added, Service Procedure Revised
ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Safety Bulletin – Bulletin No.: 17130C Date: June 2016
Defect 573 Report
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: June 13, 2016 Subject: 17130C – Noncompliance Recall Loss of Key Reminder Chime Service Procedure Revised
Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-2
Safety Bulletin – Bulletin No.: 17130D Date: December 2017
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: December 15, 2017 Subject: 15808B – Noncompliance Recall Revised No Key in Reminder Chime and/or No Audio
Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-1
Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-4
Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-3
Safety Bulletin – Bulletin No.: 17130E Date: February 2018
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: February 1, 2018
Dealer FAQs 16Jul2018
Dealer FAQs 16Jul2018
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: June 26, 2018 Subject: Select Safety and Noncompliance Recalls Closed Transactions Reopened Due to Warranty Audit See Table Below
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: July 16, 2018 Subject: Service Programming System Warranty Claim Code Audit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Reopened Recalls Involving Module Reprogramming Events – FAQs
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Date: October 11, 2018 Subject: Reopened Recalls Involving Module Reprogramming Events
Latest Recalls Documents
To obtain the latest electronic controller calibration information for your vehicle, go to https://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web and enter the vehicle’s 17 character Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and select ‘Get CAL ID’.
You can then compare the latest part number with the actual number installed on the vehicle to determine if a reprogram is needed.
The Service Programming System (SPS) application is part of the TIS2Web system. To program an ECU, the SPS application must communicate with the vehicle control modules using the proper J2534 programming interface tool.
The following are the supported interface tools:
The Tech 2 supports model years 1996 and beyond. With the addition of the CAN Diagnostic Interface (CANdi) module, Tech 2 is fully backward compatible with current Tech 2 functionality and operates transparently when diagnosing non-CAN-equipped vehicles.
The GM MDI is the Global Diagnostic tool for future vehicles starting with Global A vehicles. The GM MDI was introduced in the fall of 2007 for Pass-Thru programming and offers faster programming speed. It can be used to perform Pass-Thru programming on all vehicles built since 1996 and into the future. Click here to view a list of GDS supported vehicles.
- 🚒TOP-LEVEL HEAVY TRUCK DIAGNOSIS: Want to diagnose different kinds of vehicles? Autel MaxiSysCV that comes with J2534 ECU Programming Device is the diagnostic tool you need! You can use comprehensive diagnostic functions including ECU Information, Trouble Codes, Live Data, Active Test, and Special services for Experts (Allison, Bendix, Caterpillar, Volvo, Freightliner, etc.), Buses (Volvo, Hino, Isuzu, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen, etc.) and even Trucks (Volvo, Dodge, Ford, Foton, Mack, etc.).
- 🚛CODING FOR OPTIMIZING PERFORMANCE: With Autel MS908CV, Optimizing vehicle performance is not that hard! The 100% safe ECU Coding allows you to change options within the vehicle’s ECU to modify features for the tested vehicle. Note: Coding only changes preprogrammed options already existent in the software. ✔️High Beams and Fog Lights Together ✔️Double Blink Hazards ✔️Digital Accurate MPH Gauge ✔️Enhanced Bluetooth Enable, etc.
- 🚜SERVICE FUNCTIONS FOR FAST MAINTENANCE: You can complete a series of scheduled services and maintenance with only one MaxiSysCV. Free from the trouble of changing basic OBD2 scanners frequently to get related services. The most commonly performed service functions include Oil Reset, EPB, Brake Bleeding, DPF & SCR, IMMO & Keys, Injector, Throttle and more.
- 🚌USER-FRIENDLY FEATURES FOR HIGH EFFICIENCY: No fuss with complex operations! The user-friendly MaxiSysCV diagnostic tool reduces your fatigue. AutoVIN Scan allows you to check all the ECUs of the tested car in less than 1 seconds. Remote Desk Operation offers workshops a channel of controlling customers’ MaxiSys tablets for immediate technical support. Data/Shop Manager reduces the time spent on managing diagnostic files, workshop information, and more.
- 🚗POINTS FOR AFTER SERVICES: 1.About Quality: Autel MaxiSysCV is designed with advanced configuration (Android4.0 OS, Samsung Exynos 4-Core Processor, etc.) for smooth and reliable using. 2.About Warranty & Update: Within one year, Products with defectives in material or workmanship will be repaired or replaced free of charge and It’s free to update the software at regular intervals to increase MS908CV’s capabilities. 3. About Service: Autel is ready to answer any questions 7* 24 hours.
- 【SAME AS MK908P & BETTER TECH SUPPORT】 MS908S Pro has EXACTLY the same diagnostics and service functions as MK908P and Autel MaxiSys Elite. Unlike online product MK908P, MS908S Pro is a mature product that has been tested and approved by workshops across US!
- 【J-2534 ECU PROGRAMMING】Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro is a professional automotive diagnostic scanner that utilizes powerful Cortex A7+A15 six-core processor that can perform OE level all systems diagnostics and various special functions. With J2534 ECU Programming Device included, it is capable of replacing the existing software & firmware and programming new ECUs(PCM, ECM) for specific BMW and Benz.
- 【25 SPECIAL FUNCTIONS FOR PROS】 Autel MS908S Pro is an advanced auto scan tools that can perform various special functions: Oil Reset, EPB reset, DPF Regen, ABS Bleed, SAS, Battery Registration, Injector Coding, Power Balance, Crankshaft Variation Learn and etc. NOTE: Special Functions are NOT universally compatible. Pls send VIN to [email protected]outlook.com to check compatibility before purchase.
- 【EXTENSIVE VEHICLE COVERAGE】 MS908S Pro diagnostic scanner computer covers more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicle makes. The scan tool can work on most OBDII-compliant vehicles to locate check engine issues, 80+ makes and models to scan all available systems. For special functions, coverage varies across vehicles, please send VIN number to [email protected]outlook.com to check compatibility first.
- 【HASSLE-FREE PURCHASE】 Autel MaxiSys MS908S Pro car scanner comes with 12 Months FREE software updates and services and is backed by Amazon 30 Day Return Policy. If there are any issues or concerns, please contact us directly via [email protected]outlook.com for prompt tech support and best after-sales services! Purchase now to solve drivability issues, emission issues and save both time & money.
- VXDIAG VCX NANO Box is PC-to-vehicle interface compatible with multiple software applications, minimizing your investment in multiple brand-specific diagnostic interfaces
- VXDIAG VCX Nano for GM/OPEL compatible with GDS and Tech2win software, support for GM/OPEL Diagnose and programming,for programming function, you would need buy software subscription online
- Fully compatible with SAE-J2534-1 & SAE-J2534-2; Quick access to vehicle data for maintenance or management reports; Support all current and most legacy vehicle protocols: CAN, UART, KW2000, Class2, GM LAN, etc.
- About Software: Our hardware is compatible with original software and for SPS programming online you need purchase subscription online.(Please download the latest vxmanager from vxdiag official website. Use new vxmanager to update firmware and driver and then update your device authorization.)
- Installation Tips: Pls turn off anti-virus software before install, make sure your computer at least 4GB.Tech2win software only installed on 32bit computer and on physical system. GDS software need install on 64bit computer and use vmware machine. (Note:Please follow the video step by step installation, don't install automatically) . If the package you received CD not working, pls contact us for software link.For any technical problem,pls contact us we have engineer can assist you online.
- [Vehicle Coverage] One device Compatible for Ford and Compatible for Mazda, Support vehicle till 2018 year. (Can't Support Ford F-150 ). Support Automatic Vehicle Recognition.
- [ECU Functions] Programming & Installation of new ECUs (PCM, ABS, Instrument Cluster, Air Bag, Fuel Pumps, etc.). Live Data-stream with Recording & Playback Functions for Main ECUs. New Software Re-flash for Existing ECUs.
- [Functional] Connect via USB. Support Read & Clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs); Set, Adjust or Remove Speed Governors; Steering Angle Resets, Guided Fault Finding&All Other Dealer Functions.
- 【Update】 Update by CD with Unlocked Firmware. ★Please Note: If you have any problem when you install the software, please feel free to contact us, our technology team will provide customers service to help you solve the problem. Multilingual: Support English/German/French/Italian/Spanish/Dutch/Slovenian/Finnish/Danish/Norwegian/Portuguese(European)/Portuguese(Brazil).
- 🚩🚩🚩Please download the latest vxmanager from vxdiag official website. Use new vxmanager to update firmware and driver and then update your device authorization.
- 【KEY PROGRAMMING & IMMO Function Tool】The most advanced and smart key programming tool that combines the most powerful IMMO and programming functions with OE-level diagnostics and advanced service functions in one Android based 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet, it helps perform complete key programming quickly. Please send VIN number to▲[email protected]▲ to check compatibility before purchasing.
- 【XP400 Programmer & Powerful OE level】Powerful OE level diagnostics for more than 80 US, Asian and European makes and models. XP400 is to read transponder data (especially Benz infrared smart key), clone and generate exclusive keys, read/write on-board EEPROM data, etc. IMMO application provides Smart Mode and Expert Mode to guide technicians performing IMMO related functions, including Key Learning, Remote Control Learning, Remote Control Add, etc
- 【ADVANCED IMMO & J2534 VCI】The Wireless Diagnostic Interface supports two communication methods with the tablet: BT and USB. The working range for BT communication is about 210 feet (70 m). You can perform key programming and vehicle diagnosis on various vehicles conveniently, by pairing the tablet separately to each of the MaxiFlash. J2534 can't program ECU with IM608.
- 【ACTIVE TEST & ECU CODING & 23 Reset Services】Bi-directional control of the ECM is useful in determining whetherthe ECM responds to a command well. And Auto VIN Identification, ECU Coding are available for IM608. Most useful service including: Oil Reset Service/ EPB Service/ BMS Service/ SAS Service/ DPF Service etc.
- 【NO IP LIMITED & 1 Year Free Update + 1 Year Warranty + PERMANENT After-Sales SERVICE】If you have any issue after you get the item, Please contact▲[email protected]▲More langauage are available such as French, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Russian. Please contact by providing SN if needing authorized. 【Officially identified as genuine by 🅰🆄🆃🅴🅻】 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙪𝙨 𝙖𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙩𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙡 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙙𝙚.⭐
- 【XP400 Programmer 】XP400 is to read transponder data (especially Benz infrared smart key), clone and generate exclusive keys, read/write on-board EEPROM data, etc. IMMO application provides Smart Mode and Expert Mode to guide technicians performing IMMO related functions, including Key Learning, Remote Control Learning, Remote Control Add, etc. Please send VIN number to▲[email protected]▲ to check compatibility before purchasing.
- 【KEY PROGRAMMING Function】The most advanced and smart key programming tool that combines the most powerful IMMO and programming functions with OE-level diagnostics and advanced service functions in one Android based 10.1-inch touchscreen tablet, it helps perform complete key programming quickly.
- 【IMMO & J2534 Reprogrammer】The Wireless Diagnostic Interface supports two communication methods with the tablet: BT and USB. The working range for BT communication is about 210 feet (70 m). You can perform key programming and vehicle diagnosis on various vehicles conveniently, by pairing the tablet separately to each of the MaxiFlash.【 Note: J2534 can't program ECU with the IM608】
- 【ECU CODING & ACTIVE TEST & 23 Services Function】Bi-directional control of the ECM is useful in determining whetherthe ECM responds to a command well. And Auto VIN Identification, ECU Coding are available for IM608. Most useful service including: Oil Reset Service/ EPB Service/ BMS Service/ SAS Service/ DPF Service etc.
- 【NO IP LIMITED & 1 Year Free Update + APB112 & Gbox2】If you have any issue after you get the item, More langauage are available such as French, German, Italian, Polish, Dutch, Swedish, Korean, Japanese, Russian. Please contact by providing SN if needing authorized. 【Officially identified as genuine by 🅰🆄🆃🅴🅻】
- ECU PROGRAMMING: The diagnostic tool comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues.
- VEHICLE COVERAGE: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service.
- ADVANCED HARDWARE: MK908P, as the advanced version of MS908P, features the 10. 1” 1920*1200 screen upgraded from 9. 7” 1024*768, and the battery capacity is 15000mAh increased by 4000 mA. Also, it has a better anti-impact protection design.
- BI-DIRECTIONAL CONTROL: The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICE: The MK908P is designed to serve users with a rich array of easy-to-use functions and features. The Maxi Fix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software.
- 【IMMO】: Autel MaxiIM IM608, with the worldwide first Smart Mode and Expert Mode, guides customers to perform IMMO-related functions. Smart Mode: step-by-step through a series of functions, for guided and automated key learning; Expert Mode: select a specific function, for advanced key learning functions.
- 【ECU Coding】: Autel scanner IM608, coming with advanced ECU Coding capability, allows users to update the computer software on the vehicle to the latest version, to reprogram adaptive values for certain components after making repairs and replacements, or to program on specific control modules for individual customization.
- 【30+ Service Functions】: Autel diagnostic scanner IM608 is not only a professional key programmer but an overall maintenance scanner with over 30 service functions including Oil reset, EPB, BMS, SAS, DPF Service, etc. These special functions work powerfully and smoothly on 80+ vehicles makes. As a top diagnostic scan tool with full maintenance functions, Autel IM608 can solve 98% of vehicle problems.
- 【All Systems Diagnostic & Active Test】: Autel MaxiIM IM608 is designed to improve mechanics work efficiency. With the OE-level full-system diagnosis, mechanics can read/erase DTCs and view data stream of ALL systems, including engine, transmission, ABS, SRS, and more. Active Test is capable of outputting a command to the ECU to drive the actuators, thus to quickly check the integrity of the system or subsystems.
- 【XP400 & J2534】: We offer free XP400 & J2534 which worth 1500$ dollars if you buy separately, and we give free battery tester AB101. This 12v car auto battery load tester is convenient for you to know the condition of cranking and charging system. Any questions, contact [email protected]outlook.com for sure.Please send your address to us after placing an order to get the gift for free.
- VCX is designed on the basis of the latest automotive international standards so that it can support many professional automotive diagnostic applications
- VXDIAG VCX Nano support latest version software, Compatible with varieties protocols. can be very easy to connect various automotive bus to a PC
- OS support both WINDOWS XP and Windows 7, Software support multi-languages: Chinese, English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, ec
- Small size, easy to carry and convenient for us.Please download the latest vxmanager from vxdiag official website. Use new vxmanager to update firmware and driver and then update your device authorization.
- We provide full time online support, if you have any questions about our device, please feel free to contact us online via ask us a question or send us email
- OE-Level OBD Scanner: The diagnostic tool serves as the most advanced automotive diagnostic tool, comes with a J2534 ECU programming device that helps Benz and BMW users replace the existing software/firmware in the ECU, program new ECUs and fix software-controlled driving performance and emission issues. Welcom to contact [email protected]outlook.com or ask through Q&A for your specific need and to ensure the vehicle compatibility
- All-system Diagnose & Active Test: Provided with full-systems diagnosis(ABS, SRS, Engine, Transmission, Brake System, Emission System, Fuel system, Light system, Wiper System, etc.). The diagnostic tool supports bi-direction control to check the vehicle operating conditions. The bi-directional control of the ECM in Component Test enables the MK908P to transmit control commands to operate the vehicle systems
- 30+ Service Functions: As the advanced version of MS908P,MS908S,MS908E, MS908PS PRO, MK908P also offers another 30+ service functions to help your repairing work faster, easier, and more professional, These service functions include immo keys/throttle/injecor coding/trans adaption/suspension/tyre retrofit/DPF/brake bleed/oil reset and more
- Broad Compatibility: The software of MK908P has a wide range of compatibility and can be used to diagnose vehicles from over 80 brands in the US, Europe and Asia. Moreover, you can get more newly added car models with the fast-release software update service. The MaxiFix provides you with an online troubleshooter database, and Remote Desk allows you to get help from others via TeamViewer software
- With TS401 TPMS Relearn Tool: Since MK908P only supports basic detection functions for TPMS, so it is equipped with TS401, a powerful TPMS tire pressure reset tool, which can help you to program a sensor and do the Relearn procedure
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-10-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API