August 15, 2013 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 13V360000
A loss of braking assistance will require extra pedal force and/or distance to bring the vehicle to a stop, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 13V360
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Components SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC
Potential Number of Units Affected 292,879
General Motors (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011-2012 Chevrolet Cruze vehicles equipped with 1.4L DOHC gasoline turbo engines and 6T40 front wheel drive automatic transmissions and equipped with an electric vacuum pump to provide supplemental vacuum for brake assist, when needed. In the affected vehicles, the pump may not activate, resulting in an intermittent reduction or loss of brake assist.
General Motors will notify owners, and dealers will replace a microswitch in the power brake vacuum pipe assembly, free of charge. The recall began on October 7, 2013. Owners may contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020. GM’s recall number is 12213.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
|Description||Quantity /Vehicle||Part Number|
|Pipe Asm P/B Boost Vac||1||13457666|
Q1. What is the condition being covered?
DOHC gasoline turbo engine (LUJ) and 6T40 FWD automatic transmission (MH8) have a condition in which the electric vacuum pump switch may fail to activate the vacuum pump as intended. If this occurs, brake system vacuum assist may be reduced resulting in unexpected increased brake pedal effort or stopping distance. If this happens while the vehicle is moving, a crash could result without prior warning.
Q2. How did you discover the condition?
A2. A field report for a brake performance complaint.
Q3. Have there been any reports from the field of fires, crashes or injuries related to this condition?
A3. There are 27 reports alleging low-speed crashes in our records, but none are verified. No injuries have been reported.
Q4. Where were these vehicles made?
A4. Lordstown, Ohio
Q5. Where were these vehicles sold?
A5. United States (292,879), Canada (44,789) and 641 exported to Israel.
Q6. Is my vehicle safe to drive?
A6. Yes. From a cold start, there have been reports of unexpected increased brake pedal effort resulting in increased stopping distance. The engine itself is the main source of vacuum brake assist, so under most conditions, a driver will have full brake assist. However, in rare instances, you may need to exert more brake pressure to stop normally.
Q7. If this is an upcoming recall, why are you announcing before the bulletin is released or before the parts become available?
A7. We wanted to inform customers of the issue because of its unexpected nature.
Q8. When will I be able to get my vehicle repaired and how much will it cost me?
A8. When parts become available, you will be notified by First Class mail. Dealers will remove and replace a microswitch in the power brake vacuum pipe assembly. Repairs will be performed free of charge because most vehicles should still be under factory warranty.
Q9. Who is the supplier of the affected part/component?
A9. GM does not disclose this type of information.
Q10. What part or parts are involved?
A10. Electric vacuum pump (EVP) switch
Q11. Are parts available? If not, when will they be available?
A11. We are working closely with the supplier to expedite availability.
Q12. I am not experiencing the condition or issue that is described, but I don’t feel safe driving the vehicle. What should I do?
A12. Paraphrase answer to No. 6
2 Affected Products
17 Associated Documents
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Other Recall Related Documents
Defect Notice(Part 573)
Quarterly Performance Report
Quarterly Performance Report
Recall Quarterly Report – 2015-Q1
Recall Quarterly Report – 2014-Q4
Recall Quarterly Report – 2014-Q3
Remedy Instructions and TSB
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
Recall Quarterly Report – 2015-Q3
Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
Quarterly Performance Report
Recall Quarterly Report – 2015-Q2
Latest Recalls Documents
- ✅【Multi-Functions】- Practical Multi-Functions OBD2 code reader features built-in OBD2 DTC lookup library, which help you to determine the cause of the engine light, read code, erase code, view freeze frame, I/M ready, vehicle information, data flow, real-time curve, get vehicle speed information, calculate load value, engine coolant temperature, get engine speed.
- ✅【Wide Capability】- Supports 9 protocols compatible with most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports 6 languages - English,German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian.
- ✅【LCD Display】- Designed with a clear display LCD screen (128 x 64 pixels) - white backlight and contrast adjustment. No need any battery or charger, OBD reader gets the power directly from your vehicle through the OBDII Data Link Connector.
- ✅【Compact Design】- Car diagnostic scanner is equipped with a 2.5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator.There are 6 buttons on OBD2 Scanner:scroll up/down,enter/exit and buttons that quick query VIN vehicle number& the DTC fault code.
- ✅【ABS / Airbag codes NOT Supported】- It is able to read and clear check engine information which is part of OBDII system, but it cannot work with non-OBDII systems, including ABS / Airbag / Oil Service Light, etc.
- 【Vehicle CEL Doctor】The NT301 obd2 scanner enables you to read DTCs, locate bad O2 sensors, access to emissions readiness status, turn off CEL(check engine light) or MIL, reset monitor, read live data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
- 【Accuracy & Streams】Live data graphing and logging. Accurately read error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light trucks and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Graphing live vehicle sensors data allows you to focus on any suspicious data and trend.
- 【Worthy to Own】Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Codes analysis and Printer compatible. Unique PATENTED design, 2.8" color screen, Free Lifetime Update and 1-year seller assurance with EXCLUSIVE tech and service team.
- 【Smog Check Helper】Read/Erase and I/M readiness hotkeys make it easy to use the car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for confident emissions test.
- 【Home Necessity】Open to global customers. No battery required, NT301 obd scanner is charged directly from the 16pin DLC in your vehicle. It is recommended as a necessity in your toolbox and one of the best gifts for Home and Autoshop Mechanics.
- 【Full and Multi-Functions】ELMCONFIG launches YA301 OBD2 professional auto auto scanner with 10 major functions: besides reading/erasing fault codes, it also includes retrieving I/M Readiness, freeze frame data, retrieving car information, data flow, O2 Sensor testing, advanced on-board monitoring and EVAP testing capabilities enable you to initiate leak testing of the vehicle's EVAP system. Built-in DTC lookup library, which help you to determine the cause of the engine light.
- 【One-key Diagnostic Tool】There are 4 shortcut keys in the code readers & scan tools: VIN(vehicle information number), DTC(diagnose trouble codes), battery test(check car battery voltage), I/M(I/M readiness check). You can quickly get results within 3 seconds by clicking the icon. The ELMCONFIG YA301 is truly the ultimate in power, allowing users to get work done faster. Car scanners also offer professional battery and alternator tests , giving you an early look at your battery's status.
- 【Smoke Checker】ELMCONFIG code reader car diagnostic tool with reset comes with an I/M Readiness function to check the operations of the Emission System on OBD 2 compliant vehicles. It is accorded with OBD2 standard. It includes a vehicle-specific number of monitors like misfire monitor, fuel system monitor, comprehensive components monitor, O2 sensors, EVAP system, etc. A good function to see if it complies with the state emission policy and get your vehicle ready to pass the annual smog check.
- 【Wide Compatibility】The OBD2 code readers is compatible with most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles.Supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN. Not compatible with new energy vehicles, hybrid vehicles, vehicles that do not comply with OBD2 agreement. 10 languages option is also packed: English, German, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Russian, Japanese, Italian, Chinese (Simplified, Traditional).
- 【Upgrade Printing Function and Update】 ELMCONFIG scanner diagnostic tool adds printing function and comes with storage function, you can connect the car scanner to the computer to print the stored data. Get a full diagnostic report for your car! ELMCONFIG OBD2 Code Reader provides users with free lifetime updates.This is definitely an essential car tool for every family.
- 👏【Freeze Frame Data】OBD2 code reader with UPGRADED CHIP to read, diagnose and clear DTC, universal DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) meanings based on the built-in database(more than 3000 codes), determines the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) status, turn off check engine light, shows engine parameters, scan I/M readiness/ monitor status (UPDATED FUNCTION), views freeze frame data(retrieve data record)(UPDATED FUNCTION) Don't worried outbreak outside.
- 👏【Retrieve Vehicle Info】OBD2 code reader enables retrieval of the Vehicle Identification No. (VIN), Calibration ID(s), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs). VERY USEFUL to check whether the ECU matches your car when you are buying a used car. The OBD2 Code scanner retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes.
- 👏【Wide Vehicle Compatibility】OBD2 scan tool is UNIVERSAL to fit all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN (Controller Area Network). Compatible with US vehicles since 1996 & European and Asian autos since 2000, OBDII vehicles, passenger cars, light trucks, SUV. Great for gasoline cars but NOT suitable for DIESEL vehicles.
- 👏【Displays DTC Definitions】 Use the OBDII reader to read codes easily by just plugging in and pressing the scroll and enter button. Don’t need annoying Bluetooth, app, and computers. Don't need a battery. Wider LCD screen with white backlight shows. Support language: French German Dutch Spanish English. 28.8in / 73cm 16 pin obd2 cable allows you to sit comfortably for car diagnostic testing.
- 👏【Save Maintenance Cost and Time】Tackle every automotive problem that might arise with this OBD2 diagnostic tool instantly. A compact, handy scan tool with manual in detail as driver’s necessary backup. Start quick check of the car system and fix it. Risk-Free Customer Service, 1-year replacement in case any quality problem with the car OBD2 scanner. Just feel free to send us an email for any problem.
- Classic design, fast scan and erase trouble codes, even a beginner can use it read the error code, find out what the problem is and perhaps fix it. Save money and time. It can not read and erase ABS, SRS(Airbag), and other systems fault codes.
- Works on MOST 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese.
- Easily determines the cause of the check engine light. I/M monitor readiness test, turn off the MIL (check engine light) as well as view freeze frame data. Read hard (memory) / pending (intermittent) and historic codes and show definitions.
- The AD310 scanner is well built with a large LCD display (128 x 64 pixel) that has white backlight and contrast adjustment, indicates test results directly. No need any Batteries or Charger, gets the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle.
- It's equipped with a 2. 5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator. There are 4 buttons on AD310. The Up and Down button for scrolling the menu, the Enter and Exit button allow for navigation back and entering menu.
- BD200 is a professional diagnostic tool for reading and clearing trouble codes and turning off the CEL when an engine check engine light comes on. It can not only accurately determine codes and possible causes, but also perform DTC search, O2 sensor test, I/M readiness, on-board monitor test, read data stream, display freeze frame data, EVAP system test, retrieve vehicle information (VIN) and generate diagnostic reports, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- In addition to all the features of the universal Bluetooth OBD2 scanners, for the first time we have added performance tests (vehicle acceleration, braking, distance, PID chart with RPM, VSS, ECT, MAF, etc.) and trip analysis that can record trip status (coolant temperature, speed change, RPM, distance, etc.). It also has other functions, such as voice alerts for vehicle speed, water temperature and driving time, which help car owners improve their driving safety.
- Most Bluetooth OBD2 scanners do not have the battery detection feature or can only detect voltage. The BD200 not only detects the 12V vehicle battery, but also displays the voltage change within a certain period of time on the device in the form of graphs, and also directly displays the voltage when the engine is off, as well as the minimum and maximum voltage. This helps car owners to know the condition of the vehicle battery in time and prevent the vehicle from stalling on the road.
- Most Bluetooth OBD2 scanners around $30 are not compatible with both Android and IOS and use a Bluetooth of 4.0 or below, resulting in differences in compatibility and connection stability. The BD200 is not only compatible with Android and IOS, but also uses the latest Bluetooth 5.0 solution, which allows the product to instantly connect to the vehicle's OBD interface via Bluetooth, making it easier to read data from ECU and greatly improving the user experience.
- Most wireless vehicle monitoring devices require a third party app (Torque, DashCommand etc) to function and only support basic functions such as reading codes, clearing codes, and streaming data. Advanced features require additional fees and slower content updates. The BD200 has an exclusive app developed in-house that unlocks all advanced features, updates the latest vehicle data every year, and promises a lifetime of free use.
- 【Auto OBDII Scanner Diagnostic Tool:】Easy-to-use plug-in-play car scanner that read and clear codes.Retrieves generic code and displays DTC definitions. It can check engine related fault codes,easily find out what caused.
- 【Wide Compatibility:】Code readers & scan tools are compatible with all OBD II and CAN Compliant vehicles,passenger cars or light trucks,post 1996 in US,post 2000 for EU-based and Asian cars.Not compatible with new energy and hybrid vehicles.
- 【Freeze Frame Date For Accurate Diagnosis:】Car code reader comes with viewing freeze frame function that enables you to retrieve data recorded in the ECU of the condition under which the fault occurs to figure out why the check engine light is on and cut down test drive verification time.
- 【I/M Readiness Function:】 Car diagnostic scanner comes with I/M Readiness function to check the operations of the Emission System on OBD2 compliant vehicles.It includes vehicle-specific number of monitors like misfire monitor, fuel system monitor,Comprehensive component monitor, Oxygen sensor heater monitor,EVAP system and etc.It can help get your vehicle ready to pass the annual smog check.
- 【Retrieve Vehicle Infor:】 Vehicle code reader enables retrieval of Vehicle Identification No. (VIN), Calibration ID(s), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs). This function is most useful to check whether the ECU matches your car.
- [ Read and Clear Codes ] : LAUNCH Creader 3001 obd2 scanner read and clear fault codes for engine system. In addition, Creader 3001 built in fault codes definition lookup library. LAUNCH Creader 3001 obd2 scanner works on most 1996 and newer US-based vehicles that are OBDII compliant (OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN). "PLUG AND PLAY" scan tool, equipped with a 2. 5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator, very easy to use for beginners.
- [ I/M Readiness Status Test] : You can use this obd2 scanner to check the status of emission-related monitors misfire system and fuel system, make sure the monitor was set before taking it to smog, help you pass the Smog Check easily, save your money for paying fine tickets.
- [ Check Engine Light and Identify VIN information] : Turns off the MIL , if you finished repairing the faulty components, then clear the fault codes and turn on the vehicle ignition, it is surprise that you will find the check engine light is off. And more, LAUNCH Creader 3001 obd2 scanner can read the car's information such as VIN number.
- [ View Freeze Frame/Live Data Stream/ O2 Sensor/ Evap System test/ On-Board Monitor Test] : LAUNCH Creader 3001 is one useful and economic OBD2 FULL FUNCTION automotive diagnostic tool, support read live data for engine system, quick detecting vehicle failures, saving you the trips to your mechanic.
- [ 5 YEARS ]Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. 100% Money Back ; If you are not satisfied with our obd2 scanner for any reason, send it back for a 100% no questions asked refund. ! Providing you with high quality product and friendliest customer service are our forever goal !
- 🚙【Little One, Big Jobs】This MS309 obd2 scanner can pay for itself in the first use. Autel MaxiScan MS309 is a plug-and-play handheld OBD2 code reader capable of scanning vehicle Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) in seconds to pinpoint emission-related issues. The little guy can do many basic but necessary works: read/clear codes, view DTC definition, turn off check engine light, check I/M Readiness status, retrieve freeze frame data and vehicle info, etc.
- 🚙【Read Codes & Clear Codes】Knowing the codes in advance will brace you for the cost estimate to fix at the repair shop, so you can obviously save hundreds of dollars on diagnostics alone, why not? You can use MS309 to retrieve generic codes, manufacturer-specific codes, and pending codes in seconds and display DTC definitions under the codes, quickly locating the problem areas, then clear/reset the codes after proper repairs.
- 🚙【Turn Off Check Engine Light】When your car detects an emission related problem, Check Engine Light will be turned on. Do you want to spend hundreds of dollars to turn off this light every time, maybe it's just a gas cap that's not tightened or needs to change bad parts like spark plugs and ignition coils? With Autel MS309 scan tool, you can read code to quickly find out why the check engine light is on and reset it.
- 🚙【Ready For Annual Smog Check】If the OBD II Readiness Monitors on your car are not “Ready”, your car may fail the smog check. MS309 OBD2 scanner can retrieve I/M Readiness status to check the monitors like misfire monitor, fuel system monitor, comprehensive components monitor, catalyst monitor, O2 sensors, EVAP, etc, to help your car ready pass the annual smog check. That way you won't waste time and money on a failed smoke check.
- 🚙【On-Screen DTC Definition, Easy To Use】 Isn't that exactly what you want? Each code is followed by its definition, saving time and effort, quickly locating the problem location, perfect for car DIYers and beginners. When you are reading codes, the corresponding DTC definition is placed below the code. MS309 OBDII scan tool communicates with vehicles through a standard 16-PIN OBD2 cable and it’s powered by vehicle directly- no battery needed.
- Martin, Tracy (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 200 Pages - 08/01/2015 (Publication Date) - Motorbooks (Publisher)
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.