NHTSA ID Number: 10219264
Manufacturer Communication Number: 18-NA-176
This technical bulletin provides a procedure to add reflective butyl tape to the rear drivers side module to correct the radar reflection being detected and triggering the false alerts.
Some customers may comment when driving, the side mirror indicates there is a vehicle present when there is not.
Note: Radar reflections may be found to be worse on the driver side than the passenger side.
This condition may be caused by unwanted radar reflection being detected and triggering the false alerts.
If the side blind zone has been found not working properly, apply a piece of aluminum butyl tape to the bottom of the drivers side object sensing alert module.
|DEADENER, RF PNL FRT (200X305)||22709067||1|
10 Affected Products
1 Associated Document
Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176
Date: August, 2022
- THICKER: 3.9 mil / 0.1mm foil tape. Metal glosses, good insulation. The metal duct tape is too thin is easy to break, and too thick is difficult to fit the pipe surface. The thickness of 3.9mil is moderate for use. So foil tape of 3.9mil is not easy to break and is your best choice.
- MORE STICKY: Our aluminum foil tape is made of premium pressure-sensitive adhesive. Persistent adhesion is provided at low and high temperatures. (Long-term temperature resistance: 120℃, Short-term temperature resistance: 130℃) UV resistant, moisture resistant, heat resistant and show good performance in any type of weather.
- EASY TO SEPARATE: Due to the thicker foil and paper. Our HVAC tape is easier to strip the edges with a slight tear. The aluminum tape itself does not wrinkle and curl and is easier to work and saves you time. Paste more firmly, tear off more easily, leave no trace without residual glue.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: Aluminum foil tape is suitable for smooth flat and irregular surfaces. It is generally used for sealing hot and cold air ducts (excellent HVAC duct tape), pipe insulation systems, sealing aluminum, stainless steel and plastic joints/joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, copper pipe fixing, etc. Extensive applicability to meet your daily needs.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1 Roll aluminum tape (2 inches x 65 feet), our 7*24 friendly customer services for peace of mind.
- COLD WEATHER: 1. 4 mil aluminum foil backing (2. 7 mil total thickness) coated with a pressure sensitive, cold-weather, acrylic adhesive system (-30F to 250F)
- EXCELS IN HUMIDITY: Designed for cold weather conditions and excels in demanding temperature and humidity applications
- MOISTURE BARRIER: Excellent barrier against moisture, dust, flame and certain chemicals
- UV RESISTANT: Providing good performance and durability in various environments
- CONFORMABLE: Malleable foil is conformable, capable of adhering to irregular surfaces
- 2 INCH BY 70 Yards - 33% MORE THAN THE COMPETITION! - Made in a Beautiful Silver Metal Finish.
- INCREDIBLY RESISTANT - Easily Resists Moisture, UV Rays, Flames, Chemicals, and Performs well in any type of Weather!
- PERFECT FOR SEALING AIR DUCTS - Designed to easily seal HVAC Air Ducts as well as another other Hot or Cold Intakes.
- STICKS TO ANY SURFACE - Designed for HVAC but easily sticks to any type of finish, just ensure surface is clean of debris.
- TEMPERATURE RATING for of up to 250 degrees F and as low as -4 degrees F
- Easy: Aluminum foil tape is produced without a paper release liner, which greatly simplifies and speeds up the work with our product.
- Applications: Professional grade, efficient thermal conduction for HVAC systems, AC units, conditioners, vents, silver finishing, electronics, dryer, automotive, recreational vehicle, construction, industrial home air duct, kitchen masking to avoid oil in gap, sealing furnace, seaming, heat shielding, harness wrapping and so on.
- 3.6mil Thick Foil Tape: The aluminum foil tape of 3.6mil thickness is moderate and perfect for use. So our 3.6mil high temperature tape is not easy to break, high quality and affordable. Better insulation and more tear resistance.
- Installation: The coated Acrylic adhesive is extremely tensile strength but is still easy to remove without any residue and peel.
- Strong Adhesion: Our silver duct tape is made of high quality acrylic adhesive backing. Stronger sticking, leaving no trace without residual glue. High temperature heavy duty tape can provide long-lasting adhesion at both low and high temperatures.
- UL181B-FX LISTED: Tape is UL 181B-FX listed
- HIGH DEPOSITION ADHESIVE: Bonds to many surfaces through a heavy coating of mastic adhesive
- CONFORMABLE: Conforms to irregular surfaces
- HAND TEARABLE: Easy installation through hand-tearable design
- For industrial/occupational use only; Not for consumer sale or use
- 【Aluminum Foil Tape - Widely Application】Aluminum Foil tape keep widely applicability, generally used for sealing hot and cold air ducts (quality HVAC tape), insulating aluminum duct pipes, aluminum alloy seals, stainless steel and plastic joints/joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, copper pipe fixing, etc.
- 【High Temperature Resistant Tape】Used for both indoor and outdoor use. Withstands extreme temperature from -20°C to 180°C. Resists flame, thermally conductive, moisture, weather, some chemicals and smoke transmission, corrosion and rusty resistant.
- 【Strong Adhesion】Foil tape is made of aluminum foil and high quality acrylic glue, more sticky and stable under low and high temperature condition, that equips with flexible and suitable thickness of aluminum foil and industrial grade adhesive liner. Super sticky makes your use more convenient ideal for vents and ducting.
- 【Easier Peel Off 】Due to Thicker foil, the backing paper is easier to be peeled off from edge. It will not be crinkled and curled on itself, easier working and save your time!
- 【Product After-sales 】Pls order our product by your confidence, any problem with our aluminum foil pls contact us by your order, we promise that your problem could be effective solved.
- Adhesive Tape: this foil tape with aggressive rubber adhesive sticks well to most surfaces. The vapor shielding tape also adheres to irregular surfaces, irrespective of the weather conditions
- Applications: the silver aluminum tape can be used for shielding, patching, seaming, and sealing to protect the materials from moisture, heat, odor, and chemical transmission. It is ideal for use in repair tasks
- Temperature Friendly: the odor resistant tape meets American UL-723 standards for flame spread and smoke. The rubber adhesive tape dissipates excess heat and ensures heating and cooling efficiency of sensitive materials
- Multipurpose Tape: this adhesive foil tape works suitably well in general, commercial, and industrial applications. It can be used for aluminum seams and joints, sheet metals, fibrous and metal ducts, and aluminum backed duct boards
- Specifications: this silver foil tape measures 1 in. in width, 5 yd. in length, and weighs 0.32 oz. The paper-lined tape can sustain -10 deg. – 180 deg. temperature
- PACKAGE CONTAINS: 1 roll of multi-purpose, adhesive aluminum foil tape
- SIZE: 4 inches x 55 yards (164 ft)
- QUALITY PRODUCT: GTSE aluminum foil tape performs consistently over a wide temperature range (+5°F to +158°F). A high tack acrylic adhesive creates an air tight, waterproof seal on application.
- VERSATILE: Can be applied in most weather conditions and easily conforms to irregular surgaces. Flame, water and UV resistant.
- APPLICATION: Perfect for joining and sealing insulation, repairs, ducting and pipework.
- 👍【Made of fiberglass aluminum foil】Fiberglass make this foil tape high strength,heat resistant and not easy to break.The aluminum foil makes the tape moisture resistant and insulation, easy to separate.It can stick to many types of material surfaces.Flexible, easy to wrap the vents,tubes and ducts.
- 👍【Premium Fiberglass Aluminum Tape】Perfect for HVAC,AC Heating Unit,Dryer vents Sealing and Patching duct work.First,please clean up the surface of ducts,vents or hvac,then use the tape,it can make the adhesion good,stick well.
- 👍【Aluminum Foil Tape Details】Width: 2 inch Length : 98 ft Thick :3.9 mil weight : 10.7 oz.Roll diameter:4.5 inch.Professional Foil Tape,Widely used in industry and daily life.
- 👍【For Duct work System】Prefect for hot and cold air ducts,dryer vent, HVAC sealing and cracks,leaks,joint patching of duct work system.Can adapt any irregular surfaces and Complex environment.Indoor and outdoor use,works well on the low and high temperatures.
- 👍【Custom Service】We are a professional glass fiber manufacturer, glass fiber makes the foil tape really heat resistant water proof and moisture proof, more tensile and durable. If there is any question about this aluminum foil tape, you can consult us at any time or return it.Buy it without worry, your problem will be solved quickly.
- 【Wide Applications】Aluminum tape with adhesive backing is suitable for sealing, repairs and patching HVAC air duct system, wrap pipes insulation, waterproof sealing aluminum, sealing hot and cold air ducts, dryer vents, heavy duty ducts tapes, stainless steel and plastic joints/joints, temporary repair of metal surfaces, fixing hose and copper pipe, etc. Aluminum foil tape is suitable for smooth flat and irregular surfaces.
- 【Strong Adhesion】Our metal tape with adhesive backing is made of high quality pressure sensitive adhesives. So, this aluminum foil tape has stronger sticking, easier tearing, leave no trace without residual glue. This metal insulation tape is very fit for kitchen with heat resistant, moisture resistant, and waterproof. Provide you with excellent adhesion and stability under low and high temperature conditions (long-term temperature resistance: 120℃, short-term temperature resistance: 350℃).
- 【3.9mil Thickness Aluminum Foil Tape】If the metal aluminum foil tape is too thin, the HVAC air duct tape will break easily, and if insulation tape is too thick, the heavy duty tape will be difficult to fit the pipe surface wrapping. The aluminum tape of 3.9mil thickness is moderate and perfect for use. So our 3.9mil foil tape is not easy to break, high quality and affordable. It's easy to separate, just rip it apart lightly. Better insulation and more tear resistance. The aluminum tape itself does not wrinkle and curl, making it easier for the ducting work and saving you time.
- 【Premium Silver Aluminum Foil Tape】Our such silver aluminum tape has good waterproof performance, UV resistance, moisture resistance, heating / heat resistant, corrosion resistance, anti-aging, insulation, flame retardant, sealing seams. The dryer vent tape performs well in any type of weather! This aluminum tape is your superior choice. Works great for this heavy duty duct tape.
- 【Package Included】You will get 1 roll silver aluminum foil tape. Dimensions: 2 inches wide, 65 feet long and 3.9 mil thickness. If you have any questions about our duct metal tapes, please feel free to contact us. We will get back to you within 24 hours, and give your a satisfied solution.
Last update on 2023-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Copyright 2022 General Motors LLC. All Rights Reserved. Service Bulletin Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 Date: August, 2022 TECHNICAL Subject: Drivers Side Object Sensing Alert Module Not Working Correctly and/or Incorrect Side Mirror Notification Brand: Model: Model Year: VIN: Engine: Transmission: from to from to Chevrolet Equinox 2018 2023 GMC Terrain Holden Equinox 2020 Involved Region or Country North America, Middle East, Israel, Palestine, Argentina (Mercosur), Brazil (Mercosur), Chile (West), Colombia (West), Ecuador (West), Paraguay (West), Peru (West), Uruguay (West), GM Korea Company, Thailand (ASEAN), Australia/New Zealand, Egypt, Other Africa Additional Options (RPOs) UKC Condition Some customers may comment when driving, the side mirror indicates there is a vehicle present when there is not. Cause Note: Radar reflections may be found to be worse on the driver side than the passenger side. This condition may be caused by unwanted radar reflection being detected and triggering the false alerts. Correction If the side blind zone has been found not working properly, apply a piece of aluminum butyl tape to the bottom of the drivers side object sensing alert module. Page 2 August, 2022 Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 Important: Service agents must comply with all International, Federal, State, Provincial, and/or Local laws applicable to the activities it performs under this bulletin, including but not limited to handling, deploying, preparing, classifying, packaging, marking, labeling, and shipping dangerous goods. In the event of a conflict between the procedures set forth in this bulletin and the laws that apply to your dealership, you must follow those applicable laws. Service Procedure Terrain Bumper Fascia 5073908 1. Remove the rear bumper fascia. Refer to Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement in SI. 2. Using Kent Automotive Acrysol or equivalent, clean the area of the fascia (2) where the butyl tape will be applied under the module (1). Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 August, 2022 Page 3 Note: Some modifications to the butyl tape maybe needed for proper fit. 5076643 3. Using care, cut a section of butyl tape referencing the graphic above and the dimensions noted below: • 1) 12mm (0.47 in) • 2) 160mm (6.3 in) • 3) 7mm (0.28 in) • 4) 60mm (2.3 in) 5084568 Page 4 August, 2022 Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 5077075 4. Pre-install the butyl tape (1) and check for alignment. 5. Using care, trim the butyl tape to fit. 6. Peel the backing off the aluminum butyl tape and apply to the bottom of the module making sure the area is completely covered as shown in the graphic above. 7. Install the rear bumper fascia. 8. Lower the vehicle. • If the side blind zone and/or side mirror indicators are performing properly, no further action is required. • If the side blind zone and/or side mirror indicators are not performing properly, refer to SI for further diagnostics. Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 August, 2022 Page 5 Equinox Bumper Fascia 5072424 1. Remove the rear bumper fascia. Refer to Rear Bumper Fascia Replacement in SI. 2. Using Kent Automotive Acrysol or equivalent, clean the area of the fascia (2) where the butyl tape will be applied under the module (1). Page 6 August, 2022 Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 Note: Some modifications to the butyl tape maybe needed for proper fit. 5072394 4. Using care, cut a section of butyl tape referencing the graphic above and the dimensions noted below: • 1) 12mm (0.47 in) • 2) 160mm (6.3 in) • 3) 7mm (0.28 in) • 4) 60mm (2.3 in) 5084568 Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 August, 2022 Page 7 5. Pre-install the butyl tape and check for alignment. 5072482 6. Using care, trim the butyl tape to fit. 5072429 7. Peel the backing off the aluminum butyl tape (1) and apply to the bottom of the module making sure the area is completely covered as shown in the graphic above. 8. Install the rear bumper fascia. 9. Lower the vehicle. • If the side blind zone and/or side mirror indicators are performing properly, no further action is required. • If the side blind zone and/or side mirror indicators are not performing properly, refer to SI for further diagnostics. Page 8 August, 2022 Bulletin No.: 18-NA-176 Parts Information Causal Part Description Part Number Qty N/A DEADENER, RF PNL FRT (200X305) 22709067** 1 **There is enough material to do additional vehicles. Store the remaining material for future use. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage (Canada Base Warranty coverage), use the following labor operation. Reference the Applicable Warranties section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) for coverage information. Labor Operation Description Labor Time 6481928* Apply Butyl Tape to Drivers Side Object Sensing Module 1.5 hr *This is a unique Labor Operation for Bulletin use only. Version 4 Modified Released May 31, 2018 Revised July 24, 2018 – Added 2019 to Model Year. Revised February 28, 2022 – Added 2020–2022 to Model Year And Holden Equinox to Model section. Revised August 15, 2022 – Added 2023 to Model Year for Equinox and Terrain. GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a “do-it-yourselfer”. They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION