General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 – 2022 model year Chevrolet Traverse and 2021 – 2022 model year Buick Enclave vehicles. The harness connector to the driver side roof rail airbag may have had incompatible electrical terminals installed during offline service at GM’s assembly plant. Incompatible electrical terminals can result in an open or intermittent connection to the driver side roof rail airbag and could prevent airbag deployment when commanded, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
Dealers will replace the harness connector to the roof rail airbag.
|Quantity||Part Name||Part No.|
|1||Connector Kit – Wiring Harness||19369032|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N212352140 / 2141
Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
Q1) Which vehicles are involved?
Certain 2020 – 2022 model year Chevrolet Traverse and 2021 – 2022 model year Buick Enclave vehicles.
Q2) What is the issue or condition?
The harness connector to the left or right side roof rail airbag may have had incompatible electrical terminals installed during offline service at GM’s assembly plant.
Q3) What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?
The service airbag light may illuminate continuously or intermittently.
Q4) What is the remedy/repair?
Dealers will replace the harness connector to the roof rail airbag.
Q5) What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?
Incompatible electrical terminals can result in an open or intermittent connection to the passenger side roof rail airbag and could prevent airbag deployment when commanded, increasing the risk of injury in a crash.
Q6) Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?
No, this repair will be done at no cost to the customer.
Q7) Is the remedy/repair available now?
Yes, please see the attached bulletin for details.
Q8) What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?
If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.
Q9) How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?
Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.
Q10) If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?
Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Dealer Message re N212352141 – Safety Recall Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left SideRCMN-22V210-7342
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall N212352140 / 2141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side
Latest Recalls Documents
- 🔧【PLUG AND PLAY - EASY TO USE】 : It only takes 3 steps to connect to the car for diagnosis without cumbersome operations. The latest FX2000 is equipped with a one-key diagnosis function, which can automatically identify the model and year of your car, and automatically diagnose the car. Even beginners can use it to read the data to find out what the fault codes mean, how serious the fault is and what options there are to fix it before you go to the repair shop.
- 🚗【FULL OBD-LEVEL DIAGNOSTICS】: Quickly determines the cause of engine system faults, reads current, permanent and pending codes. After the repair, clears the codes and turns off the warning light. In addition, the FX2000 also displays important OBD II advanced data such as fuel, live data and other manufacturer-specific parameters in real time to ensure that the engine ECU is operating correctly and safely, saving vehicle owners a lot of time and money in maintenance.
- 🚙【TRANSMISSION FAULT DIAGNOSTIC】: When noises start to come from the transmission, your car might have transmission problems. This transmission scanner will read fault codes, display live transmission system data (fluid temperature, fluid pump, clutch actuation, pressure, etc.), and ensures transmission performance is optimal for vehicle speed and load. It provides detailed TCM data of the vehicle, so you can quickly and accurately find existing or potential problems.
- 🚐【FIND OUT SRS WRONG】: It is able to read and clear fault codes in the SRS (airbag) and turn off the warning light to make sure the system is working correctly and safely. This diagnostic tool also displays a live graphical data stream of the supplemental restraint system (air bag), which allows you to analyze and verify that the air bag system is working properly.
- 🚌【ABS OBD2 SCANNER】:The FX2000 can read and clear the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) data stream transmitted from the ABS. It can verify the operating conditions of the ABS through a series of bi-directional tests and turn off the warning light. By retrieving the ABS code data, it can check the various brake components and accurately diagnose problems.
- 🎁🎁🎁 WONDERFUL FATHERS DAY GIFTS CHOICE!!! 2023 NEW RELEASED: Update the scanner via FoxAssist to get the OIL light reset & EPB reset function. 🚩Note: Coverage is vary on different car conditions, confirm before purchase.
- 🥇【NO.1 ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Did you feel the brake pedal was slowly sinking to floor or the pedal was loose than the new vehicle? This abs brake auto bleed scan tool will bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves to get a high & tight brake pedal. No need to cost hundreds of service fees to own a foxwell obd2 scanner with abs auto bleed. 👉Note: Coverage will be vary on car conditions, to make sure this abs auto bleeder will run smoothly,please confirm the coverage BEFORE purchase.
- 🏆【TOP ABS SRS OBD2 SCANNER for CAR】1️⃣ABS SRS Airbag Scan Tool: Emergency code diagnosis for ABS SRS Airbag modules;2️⃣ABS Airbag Light & Sensor Reset Tool: Reset & sensor calibrate after repairing the faults;3️⃣Bidirectional Scan Tool: Activate & command ABS/SRS/Airbag components;4️⃣Powerful OBD2 Scanner: Covers all obd2 functions for 12v vehicles after 1996. 👉TIPS: The abs scanner can NOT clear airbag crash data/collision data even replace the new airbag. NOT support programming/coding.
- 🚦【POWERFUL FUNCTION for ABS SRS AIRBAG】 No auto scanner less than $400 in the market can do these. If you feel headache on choosing abs srs scan tool with code read & depth functions, do not miss this abs scanner airbag code reader. This car scanner will pin-point the problem down and tell you what the possible issues, no need to test one by one.It also initialize/reset/calibrate the new sensor/module after repairing.Tips: Code erase/delete/reset will perform after car faults repaired.
- 👍【Cost Less than $150 to Own a ABS SRS BIDIRECTIONAL SCAN TOOL】It’s so valuable to own one with active test feature that never can not find on similar abs scanner. This abs code reader scan tool allows you to control the ABS/Airbag system and components to test hidden issues, including Auto Bleed Test/ Setup SDM Serial Number/ ABS Manual Control Tests/ ABS Motor Test/ ABS Version Test/ Actuator Tests, etc. When you exit the test, the system/component returns to normal operation.
- 🔔【Easy to Use--Work out of box】+【FOXWELL 2023 New Version】 FOXWELL NT604 Elite scan tool is the 2023 new version from FOXWELL, which is designed for those car owners who want to figure out the cause issue before fixing the car problem via scanning the most common systems like abs srs engine and transmission.The NT604 Elite diagnostic tool comes with latest software, which can be used out of box. No need to waste time to download the software first.
- 🍎【Affordable】+【Reliable Car Health Monitor】 Will you be confused what happen when the warning light of abs/srs/transmission/check engine flashes? Instead of taking your cars to dealership, this foxwell scanner will help you do a thorough scanning and detection for your lovely cars and pinpoint the problem for you, which saves time and money for you. It will t-urn off the warning light for you after you fix the problem, making you to know more about your cars and do your own repair.
- 🥑【2 in 1 Diagnostic Scanner】Compared with those auto scanners (50-100 USD), NT604 Elite code scanner not only includes their OBDII diagnosis but also it can be an abs/srs scanner, transmission and check engine code reader. When it’s an odb2 scanner, you can use it to check if your car is ready for annual test through I/M readiness menu. In addition, live data stream, built-in DTC library, data play back and print, all these features are a big plus for it.
- 🍓【Fantastic AUTOVIN】+【No extra software fee】Through the AUTOVIN menu, this NT604 Elite car scanner allows you to get your V-IN and vehicle info rapidly, no need to take time to find your V-IN and input one by one. What's more, the NT604 Elite abs srs scanner supports 60+ car makes from worldwide (America/Asia/Europe). You don’t need to pay extra software fee.
- 🥝【Solid protective case KO plastic carrying bag】+ 【Lifetime update】Almost all same price-level obd scanner diagnostic tool only offers plastic bag to hold on the scanner.However, NT604 Elite automotive scanner is equipped with solid protective case, preventing your obd2 scanner from damage. Then you don’t need to pay extra money to buy a solid toolbox.
- 🚙【2023 Upgraded Version of AL319/ AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel AL519, ML519, AL319, MS309. This Auel AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS modules and supports Full 10 Modes of OBDII Functions with Enhanced Mode 6 on Worldwide Vehicles to read/ erase codes and turn off the MIL, reset ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and get your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🚙【Accurate ABS/SRS Diagnostic】If you accidentally trigger an ABS light or airbag light, AL619 can tell you what is making them on. AL619 scan tool can perform ABS/SRS diagnostic to get ABS/SRS codes to quickly locate the problem areas, replace bad parts or make repairs, clear the codes and turn off the warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015, and functions are not universal. Please send VIN number to 🚘auteldirect @ outlook. com🚘 to check compatibility.
- 🚙【Full OBD2 Functions & Numerous DTC Lookup】Only a scanner equipped with full OBD2 capability will help you most effectively! AL619 scanner can perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission-related conditions, including: read code, clear code, view live data, freeze frame data, vehicle info, check I/M readiness status, O2 monitor test, on-board monitor test, EVAP leak test, modules present. Built-in DTC Library can directly search DTC meaning, no need to google or guess it.
- 🚙【Accurate Read & Clear DTCs】Getting diagnostic codes(DTCs) is necessary before repairs if you don't want to be ripped off. AL619 can read codes and clear codes, helping you save trouble:1)before repairs, locate issues and decide whether to fix them yourself or go to a mechanic; 2)after repairs, make sure the issues have been fixed; 3) clear occasional fault codes, turn off CEL or MIL, and get car back to normal.
- 🚙【Turn Off CEL & Smog Check】The Check Engine Light is always annoying you, most of the time because of a little thing like a loose gas cap, isn't it? With AL619 scan tool, you can read code to quickly find out why the check engine light is on and reset it. Don’t waste money on a failed smog test! AL619 can retrieve I/M Readiness status to make sure OBD2 monitors on your car are “Ready”, monitors like misfire, fuel, catalyst, O2 sensors, EVAP, etc, to help you pass the annual smog check.
- 🚗 【Strongly Recommend Youtube Influencer Mechanic】2022 Ver LAUNCH CRP123E OBD2 Scanner does not only include full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions including, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, but also performs full determination on vehicles four main ECU's for Engine / Airbag / ABS and Transmission, reads and erases fault codes in above four systems, and turns off warning light.
- 💡【2022 New added 3 reset functions,Upgrade Ver.of CRP123】LAUNCH CRP123E Automotive Scanner NEW ADDED 👍[3 Reset functions] Oil Reset /SAS Reset /Throttle Reset,👍maintain your vehicle systems safely and efficiently.Which is free to use for lifetime.One-Click Wifi Update, with lifetime free update service ➤Real-time display vehicle battery voltage in Graph➤One-Click identify VIN ➤AutoVIN service automatically retrieves vehicle VIN for troubleshooting accurately➤One-Click Vehicle Health Diagnostic Report Generate and Share ➤Data Stream record and playback➤Feedback Diagnosis➤Click the "Feedback"icon. LAUNCH Technicians will immediately provide perfect solution.
- 💯【DATA RECORD & REPORT & PRINT + TECHNICAL FEEDBACK】LAUNCH CRP123E car scanner can ability to graph, data record, playback, print report (share via email) for further analysis; ➤Diagnostic Report automatically records the basic diagnosis report, will help users avoid blind maintenance, saving money/time make diagnostic easily. ➤ONLINE FEEDBACK will provide best-possible solutions for your issues in time.
- 【AUTO VIN & Battery Voltage Test,Upgraded Of FOXWELL Scanner NT604 Elite/ANCEL FX2000 】LAUNCH CRP123E code reader featuring auto vin function, you can get the VIN information of the car;Battery Voltage service monitors Real-time battery voltage graphing helps to Judge the state of the battery
- 【Over 10000+ Vehicle Models +Lifetime Free One-Click Update】 Extensive vehicle coverage Includes 57 vehicle makers, works on most vehicles after 1996 and up to 2020, 2021,2022, It supports Diesel (12v only), 12V passenger car, pickup, and light-duty truck, SUV, gasoline, Minivans, compatible with OBD2/OBD1/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocols.this car scnner supports lifetime free update
- 🚩2023 New Elite Version🚩Same Function As LAUNCH CRP123E 🚩Lifetime Free Update🚩5 YEARs Warranty 🚩Conact seller to get Free Gift 🚩Fast delivery by Amazon
- 🎁【Great Gift Idea For Every Car Owner】: Prefect choice for your father, husband, brother or boyfriend. EVERY CAR OWNER WILL NEED IT! It comes with high-quality host with a strong box. Get LAUNCH CRP123 Elite car diagnostic scanner and give your lover a surprise!
- 🚗【 Read & Clear/Reset Engine/ABS/SRS/Transmission Diagnostic Scan Tool 】LAUNCH CRP123 OBD2 Scanner can test Engine, Transmission, ABS and Airbag four systems, also reads and resets code, displays data stream graphic, stores and playbacks dynamic data stream,helps to quick analysis and diagnosis.
- 🚗【 Error Fault Code Reader 】Except the full 10 modes OBD2 diagnostic functions like, retrieving I/M readiness, Freeze Frame Data, Read Dynamic Data stream and Vehicle Information, O2 Sensor Test, EVAP Test of Fuel Tank System (Mode 8) and Advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6), launch crp123 obd2 scanner can not only reveal what error codes your car is producing, but also erase your vehicle’s check engine light after problem fixed, the DTC help and explanation also tell you the exact problem.
- 🚗【 Live Data Graphing + Read/Record/Playback Data stream + Print diagnostic data 】※Live Data Graphing ,more intuitive to know your vehicle’s problem . ※ Large size Color Screen ;※ Print Function:Print the diagnose result easily; ※ with user manual and register & update tutorial video uploaded in the link by us, you can Look up it anytime by ONE-CLICK.
- 【Check Engine Light】The 6100P obd2 scanner shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hot key help to check engine issue. Live data displays plenty of vehicle data present, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 【ABS & SRS & Transmission 】In addition to related OBD II codes,The abs srs obd2 scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS & SRS and Transmission codes for popular US Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Dodge, GM, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 【Oil Light Reset+Oil Level/Oil Life status】it easy to view the procedures or send command for resetting oil maintenance or resetting the mileage or driving time to zero after the maintenance for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. This abs code reader can also monitor your oil level and oil life status.
- 【Battery Test & Alternator Test】The Innova code reader can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 【Code Severity Levels】With Code Severity Levels function of This Innova Scan Tool, you can quickly identify if your vehicle needs an immediate fix or if it can wait until you get home to fix it yourself,You don't need to worry about the warning lights on again. And we are glad to tell that Innova 6100P has been selected to "Amazon's Highly recommended products" as "Highly rated OBDII Scanners" 🙂
- 🎉【2023 Upgraded Ver. of AL519/ ML519/ ML619】Autel develops the brand-new AutoLink AL619 as the advanced ver. of Autel ML519, AL519, AL319, MS309. This AL619 OBD2 scanner can scan ABS & SRS systems, and support 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function on Worldwide Vehicles to read, erase codes and turn off the MIL, ABS, SRS warning lights so that you can better maintain your car when related malfunctions occur and make your vehicle ready for the annual test.
- 🎉【Accurate ABS/ SRS Diagnostics Functions】The ABS/ SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the ABS/ SRS systems. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in the graph to locate fault causes, and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Please email 📩 immoautel @ outlook. com 📩 for help.
- 🎉【All 10 Modes of OBD II Diagnostics Function】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles. Read Codes, Erase Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame, Retrieving I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Test, On-Board Monitor Test, DTC Lookup, Component Test, Viewing Vehicle Information, Modules Present.
- 🎉【Live Data and Freeze Frame Data】With Live Data functions, Autel AL619 OBD2 diagnostic code reader allows you to view the live PID (Parameter Identification Data) of the vehicle's computer module(s) in text, graph to check the status of various sensors. And Freeze Frame Data enables you to view the vehicle's operating parameters at the moment a DTC is detected. These information will aid the technician by allowing the parameters to be duplicated for diagnostic and repair purposes.
- 🎉【DTC Lookup Feature】Besides showing you the code’s definition while you are reading the diagnostic trouble codes, AL619 features comparably user-friendly DTC Lookup Function which enables you to retrieve the definitions of any error codes from the large database of AL619, saving you from the hassle of wasting time searching definition of every code via Google.
- ABS/SRS OBD2 Scanner > Enjoy this ABS OBD2 code reader to reveal exact issues underlying in your brake, airbag, and engine systems, test individual ABS/SRS sensors, valves, or solenoids to quickly locate malfunctions (compatible with GM, Nissan, Fiat, Benz, Volvo, Land Rover, BMW, USA Ford), making sure critical safety systems work in perfect harmony together against accidents to be safe than sorry. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
- 3 Most Needed Service Functions > This OBD2 scanner guides you through step by step procedures to reset oil service light and programmed mileage intervals for engine efficiency (Oil Reset); to calibrate steering wheel position for vehicle’s traveling in a straight line (SAS Reset); to clear the original low battery fault information against coming battery failures or damage (BMS Reset); saving your needless visits to mechanics.
- Full OBD2 Diagnostics > Say goodbye to the hassle of manual check-ups via this srs code reader. Quickly correct Check gmoemdtc-20">Engine Light warning on most OBD2/CAN compatible vehicles. Easily access to your smog status with one simple click I/M Readiness; and being filled with features for live data readings, freeze frame data, plus EVAP system, onboard monitor test means this scan tool checks all daily car care boxes.
- Work Easier > Red-Yellow-Green LEDs in this OBD2 scanner quickly show the overall DTC status without toggling through menu selections. HELP hotkey takes you directly to detailed descriptions/tips. Read/Erase DTC, I/M readiness shortcuts are added for optimized operation, along with DTC Lookup library for interpreting codes, designing the SRS OBD2 code reader a pleasure to use right out of the package even for beginners.
- Helpful Service > Get instant, free lifetime access to the most recent updates to add new car models and troubleshooting bugs making the OBD2 scanner a long-term investment for any home mechanics. The extended 1 years of quality assurance sweetens the worry-free deal even further. Multilingual Menu: EN, FR, ES, DE, IT, RU, PT, and JP. NOTE: Only support upgrade on windows.
- MAINTAIN PEAK PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY ON THE ROAD - Innova’s 3100RS OBD2 Scanner helps you easily find the problem and fix the problem. The included vehicle code scanner OBD2 Bluetooth app, RepairSolutions2 gives you real-time solutions to troubleshoot and fix your automotive issues. Get verified fixes from this wireless OBD2 code reader, find and purchase the exact part required for repair, view maintenance schedules, receive technical bulletins, and access to Innova’s best-in-class database.
- PREMIUM OBD2 CODE READER WITH ENHANCED COVERAGE AND FUNCTIONALITY - This vehicle diagnostic tool empowers home mechanics, automotive enthusiasts, and service & repair technicians with professional-level functionality. It is a vehicle code reader that reads and clears OBD engine codes and displays all vehicle information from when a trouble code was triggered. OBD2 scanner diagnostic tool supports English, Spanish, and French.
- LIVE DATA FOR MORE ACCURATE DIAGNOSIS - With the Innova 3100RS OBD2 reader you can see your vehicle’s essential information like RPM, speed, and oil temperature in real time to help identify and correct problems. You can also check and test your battery and alternator, so you know whether you need to bring your car to a technician or not.
- EASY SELF-DIAGNOSIS OF EMISSION STATUS AND OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Know your smog check results before your state does. This car check engine light reader determines whether you’ll pass the vehicle smog test. This scanner OBD2 also tests battery initialization and voltage reading on hybrid battery cells.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE WITH USA DESIGNED AND SUPPORTED PRODUCTS - Our California-based, ASE-Certified Customer Support Team is glad to assist you as you navigate through this product. It's a perfect diagnostic car scanner for all cars compatible, use it on any foreign or domestic 1996 or newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, or hybrid vehicle. Questions? We’re here to assist you.
Last update on 2023-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product was presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Product Safety Recall N212352141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Copyright 2022 General Motors. All Rights Reserved. Page 1 of 6 Release Date: April 2022 Revision: 00 Attention: It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied. Vehicles involved in this recall were placed on stop delivery March 31, 2022. Once the service procedure contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle, the vehicle is released from stop delivery and the vehicle can be delivered to the customer. All involved vehicles that are in dealer inventory must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer traded, or used for demonstration purposes until the repair contained in this bulletin has been performed on the vehicle. Make Model Model Year RPO Description From To Buick Enclave 2021 2022 Chevrolet Traverse 2020 2022 Involved vehicles are marked “open” on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. This site should always be checked to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. Condition General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 – 2022 model year Chevrolet Traverse and 2021 – 2022 model year Buick Enclave vehicles. The harness connector to the driver side roof rail airbag may have had incompatible electrical terminals installed during offline service at GM’s assembly plant. Incompatible electrical terminals can result in an open or intermittent connection to the driver side roof rail airbag and could prevent airbag deployment when commanded, increasing the risk of injury in a crash. Correction Dealers will replace the harness connector to the roof rail airbag. Parts Quantity Part Name Part No. 1 Connector Kit – Wiring Harness 19369032 Note: Use the VIN and the GM Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) to determine which connector kit to order. Due to the small number of vehicles involved, (25), and due to limited initial parts availability, dealers are encouraged not to order recall parts for use as shelf stock. There are a couple of vehicles on dealer lots needing this part. If your VIN is listed below there will be a part pre-shipped to dealer on record with this VIN on label week of 4/11/12. All other effected Vehicles will be available through open ordering. Reminder: Parts may be removed from Retail Inventory Management (RIM). Dealers should review the affected parts to confirm RIM managed status. Parts may have quantity limiters in effect. VIN 5GAERBKW5MJ199184 Warranty Information Labor Operation Description Labor Time Trans. Type Net Item 9106271 Replace Roof Rail Airbag Inline Connector ADD Check and Clear DTC History 0.7 0.2 ZFAT N/A Service Procedure 1. Remove the left body lock pillar upper trim panel. Refer to Body Lock Pillar Upper Trim Panel Replacement in SI. Note, it is not necessary to disconnect the seatbelt. Product Safety Recall N212352141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Page 2 of 6 6039672 2. Locate the roof rail airbag inline connector above the seatbelt upper mount. 6039676 3. Disconnect the inline connector from the roof rail airbag connector. Use care to release the red CPA before separating the two connectors. 6039678 Product Safety Recall N212352141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Page 3 of 6 4. Unwrap the electrical tape from the body side harness until you reach the crimp repair connectors. 5. Cut the two wires on the body side harness, removing the crimp connectors, pigtail wires and inline connector. 6. Prepare the body side wires for the connector kit installation. Refer to Wire to Wire Repair in SI. NOTE: It may be necessary to trim the length of the wire leads on the wiring harness connector kit. Use the removed pigtail and inline connector for reference length. 7. Install the wiring harness connector kit. Refer to Wire to Wire Repair in SI. 8. Rewrap the harness with electrical tape as required. 9. Inspect the roof rail airbag harness connector for damage. 10. Connect the body side harness connector to the roof rail airbag connector. Ensure the red CPA is engaged. 11. Reinstall the left body lock pillar upper trim panel. Refer to Body Lock Pillar Upper Trim Panel Replacement in SI. 12. If the customer commented on any “airbag light on” condition, check and clear any diagnostic codes related to the airbag system. Dealer Responsibility – For USA & Export (USA States, Territories, and Possessions) It is a violation of Federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification under a sale or lease until the defect or noncompliance is remedied. The US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act provides that each vehicle that is subject to a recall of this type must be adequately repaired within a reasonable time after the customer has tendered it for repair. A failure to repair within sixty days after tender of a vehicle is prima facie evidence of failure to repair within a reasonable time. If the condition is not adequately repaired within a reasonable time, the customer may be entitled to an identical or reasonably equivalent vehicle at no charge or to a refund of the purchase price less a reasonable allowance for depreciation. To avoid having to provide these burdensome remedies, every effort must be made to promptly schedule an appointment with each customer and to repair their vehicle as soon as possible. In the recall notification letters, customers are told how to contact the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration if the recall is not completed within a reasonable time. Dealer Responsibility – All All new, used, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc. in dealers’ possession and subject to this recall must be held and inspected/repaired per the service procedure of this bulletin before customers take possession of these vehicles. Involved vehicles must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration, or any other purpose. All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified and must be held and remedied per the service procedure in this bulletin. Upon submitting an accepted/paid warranty transaction in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system, the vehicle can be re-certified for sale within the CPOIS system, or once again be used in the CTP program. Dealers are to service all vehicles subject to this recall at no charge to customers, regardless of mileage, age of vehicle, or ownership, from this time forward. Customers who have recently purchased vehicles sold from your vehicle inventory, and for which there is no customer information indicated on the dealer listing, are to be contacted by the dealer. Arrangements are to be made to make the required correction according to the instructions contained in this bulletin. Recall follow-up cards should not be used for this purpose, since the customer may not as yet have received the notification letter. In summary, whenever a vehicle subject to this field action enters your vehicle inventory you must take the steps necessary to ensure the program correction has been made before selling the vehicle. In addition, for vehicles entering your facility for service, you are required to ensure the customer is aware of the open field action and make every reasonable effort to implement the program correction as set forth in this bulletin prior to releasing the vehicle. Dealer Reports For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing has been prepared and will be available through GM GlobalConnect Maxis Field Action Reports or sent directly to export dealers. The Inventory tab of the dealer reports will contain VINs that apply to this recall. This information is intended to assist dealers with the PROMPT COMPLETION of these vehicles. The Customer In-Service tab will contain customer names and addresses from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use Product Safety Recall N212352141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Page 4 of 6 of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this recall may be a violation of law in several states. Courtesy Transportation – For USA & Canada Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in a product program and still within the warranty coverage period. See General Motors Service Policies and Procedures Manual for courtesy transportation program details. Customer Notification USA & Canada – General Motors will notify customers of this recall on their vehicle . Export – Letters will be sent to known owners of record located within areas covered by the US National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a “do-it-yourselfer”. They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the tools, equipment, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. We Support Voluntary Technician Certification Product Safety Recall N212352141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Page 5 of 6 IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL April 2022 This notice applies to your vehicle, VIN: _____________________________________ Dear General Motors Customer: This notice is sent to you in accordance with the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act. General Motors has decided that a defect, which relates to motor vehicle safety, exists in certain 2021-2022 model year Buick Enclave and 2020-2022 model year Chevrolet Traverse vehicles. As a result, GM is conducting a safety recall. We apologize for this inconvenience. However, we are concerned about your safety and continued satisfaction with our products. IMPORTANT • Your vehicle is involved in GM safety recall N212352141. • Schedule an appointment with your GM dealer. • This service will be performed for you at no charge. Why is your vehicle being recalled? The harness connector to the driver side roof rail airbag may have had incompatible electrical terminals installed during offline service at GM’s assembly plant. Incompatible electrical terminals can result in an open or intermittent connection to the passenger side roof rail airbag and could prevent airbag deployment when commanded, increasing the risk of injury in a crash. What will we do? Your GM dealer will replace the harness connector to the roof rail airbag. This service will be performed for you at no charge. Because of service scheduling requirements, it is likely that your dealer will need your vehicle longer than the actual service correction time of approximately 1 hour. What should you do? You should contact your GM dealer to arrange a service appointment as soon as possible. Do you have questions? If you have any questions or concerns that your dealer is unable to resolve, please contact the appropriate Customer Assistance Center at the number listed below. For the hearing or speech impaired, please contact our Customer Assistance Center using the Telecommunication Relay Service by dialing 711 then providing the appropriate Customer Assistance Center number for your vehicle. Division Number Text Telephones (TTY) Buick 1-800-521-7300 711 / 1-800-833-2438 Chevrolet 1-800-222-1020 711 / 1-800-833-2438 Puerto Rico – English 1-866-467-9700 Puerto Rico – Español 1-866-467-9700 Virgin Islands 1-866-467-9700 If after contacting your dealer and the Customer Assistance Center, you are still not satisfied we have done our best to remedy this condition without charge and within a reasonable time, you may wish to write the Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590, or call the toll-free Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1.888.327.4236 (TTY 1.800.424.9153), or go to https://www.safercar.gov. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Campaign ID Number for this recall is 22V210. Federal regulation requires that any vehicle lessor receiving this recall notice must forward a copy of this notice to the lessee within ten days. Product Safety Recall N212352141 Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Page 6 of 6 Regina A. Carto Vice President Global Product Safety and Systems GM Recall: N212352141
GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS DCS6127 URGENT – DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: April 14, 2022 Subject: N212352141 – Safety Recall Intermittent Roof Rail Airbag Connection Left Side Models: 2021-2022 Buick Enclave 2020-2022 Chevrolet Traverse To: All General Motors Dealers General Motors is releasing Safety Recall N212352141 today. The total number of U.S. vehicles involved is approximately 23. Please see the attached bulletin for details. Question and Answer Document (Q&A) Attached to this message you will find a document that addresses the ten most likely questions customers may have regarding this Safety Recall. Please use this information as an aid to confidently answer customer concerns. Customer Letter Mailing The customer letter mailing will begin on April 29, 2022. Global Warranty Management (GWM) The Required Field Action section on the Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen will be updated April 14, 2022. A list of involved vehicles in dealer new inventory is attached to this message. Please hold all warranty transactions until IVH has been updated. END OF MESSAGE GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS