September 24, 2020 NHTSA CAMPAIGN NUMBER: 20V588000
If communication with the sensor is interrupted, the electronic brake boost assist could be lost. Extra pedal force will be required to slow and stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
NHTSA Campaign Number: 20V588
Manufacturer General Motors LLC
Components SERVICE BRAKES
Potential Number of Units Affected 3,317
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2020 Chevrolet Corvette and Cadillac CT4, CT5 and XT4, 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazer, and 2020-2021 Buick Encore GX vehicles. Sensor connection contamination in the electronic brake boost system may cause an interruption of communication between the sensor and the brake boost system.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the electronic brake boost module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin November 9, 2020. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-630-2438, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-333-4223, or Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300. GM’s number for this recall is A202307260.
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall A202307260 Loss of Brake Assist
These questions and answers are being provided to help GM dealers respond to inquiries from involved vehicle owners about the Safety recall identified above.
|Q1)||Which vehicles are involved?|
|A1)||2020-2021 model year Buick Encore GX, 2020 model year Cadillac CT4, CT5, XT4, Chevrolet Corvette, and 2021 model year Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicles.|
|Q2)||What is the issue or condition?|
|A2)||General Motors has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2020 model year Cadillac CT4, CT5 and XT4 vehicles, 2020 model year Chevrolet Corvette vehicles, 2020 – 2021 model year Buick Encore GX vehicles, and 2021 model year Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicles. Material used in a sensor connection in the electronic brake boost system in these vehicles may have been contaminated during the material supplier’s production process. Contamination of this material may cause an interruption of communication between the sensor and the brake boost system under certain conditions.|
|Q3)||What symptoms may be experienced? What warning signs may be associated with the issue or condition described?|
|A3)||If electronic brake boost assist is lost, a warning light and message may appear in the instrument panel and vehicle speed may be limited.|
|Q4)||What is the remedy/repair?|
|A4)||Dealers will replace the electronic brake boost module.|
|Q5)||What is the safety risk? Is the vehicle safe to drive?|
|A5)||If communication with the sensor is interrupted, electronic brake boost assist could be lost. Extra pedal force will be required to slow and stop the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.|
|Q6)||Does the customer have to pay for this remedy/repair?|
|A6)||No, this inspection/repair will be done at no cost to the customer.|
|Q7)||Is the remedy/repair available now?|
|A7)||No, when a remedy is available and/or sufficient quantity of parts are available, the recall bulletin will be released, and dealers can begin repairing vehicles.|
|Q8)||What should customers do until recall repairs can be completed? Are there any special instructions?|
|A8)||If special instructions are provided, they will be included in the notification letters to customers.|
|Q9)||How can customers check to see if their vehicle is involved in this field action?|
|A9)||Customers who own a vehicle involved in the field action will be notified by mail by General Motors, but they may also check their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) for field actions in GM Owner Center at https://my.gm.com/recalls or via NHTSA’s website at https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/.|
|Q10)||If customers are concerned, can they get a rental car or courtesy transportation?|
|A10)||Courtesy transportation is available for customers whose vehicles are involved in this recall and are within the warranty coverage period for the warranty which is associated with this recall. Please refer to Warranty Administration Bulletin #17-NA-073: Field Action Courtesy Transportation Policy for further information.|
GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS
URGENT – DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY
Date: September 24, 2020
Subject: Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall A202307260
Models: 2020-2021 Buick Encore GX, 2020 Cadillac CT4, CT5, XT4, Chevrolet Corvette, and 2021 Trailblazer
To: All General Motors Dealers
STOP DELIVERY ORDER
Effective immediately, stop the delivery of certain 2020-2021 model year Buick Encore GX, 2020 model year Cadillac CT4, CT5, XT4, Chevrolet Corvette, and 2021 model year Chevrolet Trailblazer vehicles in new or used vehicle inventory. General Motors has notified the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) about an upcoming safety recall that involves these vehicles. The GM recall number is A202307260.
It is a violation of federal law for a dealer to deliver a new motor vehicle or any new or used item of motor vehicle equipment (including a tire) covered by this notification until the defect is remedied.
Until further instructions are received, involved vehicles that are in dealers’ possession (new or used vehicle inventory, GM Certified Used, courtesy transportation vehicles, dealer shuttle vehicles, etc.) must be held and not delivered to customers, dealer-traded, released to auction, used for demonstration purposes or any other dealer use. All GM Certified Used vehicles currently in the dealers’ inventory within the Certified Pre-Owned Inventory System (CPOIS) will be de-certified.
The Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system will be updated for this upcoming recall on September 24, 2020. This action has been taken to assist dealers with determining which vehicles are involved so they can properly respond to customer inquiries.
A list of involved vehicles that have been identified as being in dealer new vehicle inventory is attached to this message. It is sorted by dealer Business Associate Code (BAC) for easy reference. Your dealership’s BAC will not be listed if none of the involved vehicles are currently in your new vehicle inventory. A file identifying involved vehicles in dealer used inventory will be published in GM GlobalConnect, under the Service tab in Field Action Inventory Reports.
Question and Answer Document (Q&A)
Attached to this message you will find a document that addresses the ten most likely questions customers may have regarding this Safety Recall. Please use this information as an aid to confidently answer customer concerns.
Until the recall bulletin is released, the Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) screen in the Global Warranty Management (GWM) system will display “N/A” under Release Date
and “Incomplete – Remedy not yet available” under Status. This means the required repair is not yet available and dealers should not attempt to perform any repairs.
We are working with the supplier to obtain the required parts as quickly as possible. When a sufficient quantity of parts are available, the recall bulletin will be released and dealers can begin repairing vehicles.
END OF MESSAGE
GLOBAL SAFETY FIELD INVESTIGATIONS
7 Affected Products
4 Associated Documents
Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) – Stop Delivery Order for Upcoming Safety Recall A202307260
Defect Notice 573 Report
Miscellaneous Document – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall A202307260 Loss of Brake Assist
Latest Recalls Documents
For the most up to date documents from NHTSA for this Recall, click the lick above
- 【ABS/SRS Diagnostic Functions】The ABS/SRS diagnostic function is used to retrieve and clear codes from the vehicle’s ABS/SRS systems. It also provides the definition of each code to help diagnose problem areas within the systems that may cause the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) to turn on.Diagnoses ABS/ SRS system codes on most 1996 and newer major vehicle models. Only this Autel Support can you contact: ▲[email protected]▲
- 【OBD II Diagnostics Function 】The OBD II Diagnostics function is a fast-access option that allows you to carry out a quick test on the engine system of OBD II vehicles.Read Codes,Erase Codes,Live Data,Freeze Frame,Retrieving I/M Readiness Status,O2 Monitor Test,On-Board Monitor Test,Component Test,Viewing Vehicle Information,Modules Present,DTC Lookup.
- 【Easy To Perform AbsSrs】Please follow these steps to finish ABS/SRS system diagnostic testing procedure:1. Turn the ignition on but do not start the engine.2. Turn on the scan tool and wait for the Main Screen to appear.3. Select AbsSrs icon in the Main Screen.4. Select a specific vehicle manufacture’s regional coverage.From the vehicle make screen, select a specific vehicle manufacture and press OK button.
- 【Wide Vehicle Coverage】Supports more than 80 US, Asian and European vehicles,,, including Acura, Audi, Bentley, Benz, BMW, Bugatti, Chrysler, Ford, EU Ford, GM, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Jaguar, Kia, Land Rover, Lexus, Maybach, Mazda, Mini, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel, Porsche, Saab, Scion, Seat, Skoda, Smart, Sprinter, Suzuki, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volvo, Volkswagen, Renault, Peugeot, Lancia, Fiat, Dacia, Citroen, Alfa, Abarth.
- 【About Software Update】Free lifetime software updates is available for AL619.Download the newest software anytime. NOTE: Only contact us can you get support▲[email protected]▲. Don't need contact Autel US support, warranty provided by seller. Before purchasing, please provide VIN to confirm compatibility.
- 【ABS SRS SYSTEMS DIAGNOSIS】Autel AutoLink AL619 car diagnostics tool can diagnose ABS and SRS(Airbag) systems on sedans and light trucks. It can read and clear DTCs, show definitions of each code, display live data of multiple sensors in graph to locate fault causes and assist home mechanics to do the proper repair and clear ABS & Airbag warning lights. NOTE: ABS SRS Scan does NOT work on vehicles after 2015. Please send VIN number to [email protected]outlook.com to check compatibility.
- 【ALL 10 MODES OF OBD2 TESTS & MORE】The AL619 OBD2 scanner can access Powertrain Control Module and perform ALL 10 modes of OBD2 tests on vehicles to check emission related conditions, including: Read & Clear Codes, View Freeze Frame data, I/M Readiness Status(Smog Check), live PID data stream of multiple sensors in graph, O2 Sensor Tests, On-Board Monitor Tests, Components Tests, Module Present, Retrieve Vehicle Information(VIN, CIN and CVN) and DTC Lookup.
- 【GENERIC, MANUFACTURER SPECIFIC & PENDING CODES】 Autel AutoLink AL619 car diagnostic code reader retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes and pending codes. For manufacturer specific or enhanced codes, you need to select a vehicle make on an additional screen to look for DTC definitions.
- 【UNMATCHED VEHICLE COMPATIBILITY】 AL619 car diagnostic scanner supports all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN and is compatible with all OBD2/CAN compliant vehicles(sedans, SUVs and light trucks) post 1996 in US, post 2000 for EU-based and Asian cars. NOTE: ABS SRS(Airbag) diagnostics is NOT universally compatible to all vehicles. Please send VIN number to [email protected]outlook.com to check compatibility.
- 【RISK-FREE PURCHASE AND HASSLE FREE SERVICES】 The AL619 auto diagnostic scanner comes with lifetime FREE software updates. Autel Autolink AL619 car scan tool is backed by 30 Days REPLACEMENT or FULL REFUND, 12 Months free from defects after-sales services. If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us directly via [email protected]outlook.com.
- All system diagnosis: The scan tool capable of accessing every module within each vehicle system, it is the combination of All Systems access (Engine, Transmission, ABS, SRS…and more), OBD2 Scanner, Oil Reset and EPB for the vehicle brand of the Users Choice
- Breakthrough diagnostic tool : The Autel diaglink OBDII EOBD scanner is customized version of MD802 full systems. You need to select and download vehicle software by yourself before using. You can free get one vehicle make software as your choice at the first time and purchase other vehicle software by paying Usd10 for each vehicle
- Wide codes diagnosis: reads and clears all systems (EPB/SBC, ABS, SRS, engine…) trouble codes, turns off the ECU and brake warning Light, set brake pad Thickness and open/close brake calipers, oil/inspection/service light reset
- Complete OBDII functions: supports all 10 test modes of the latest J1979 OBD II test specs, including read codes, erase codes, Live data, freeze frame, I/M readiness, O2 Mon. Test, on-board Mon. Test, component test, vehicle information and enhanced OBD II mode 6
- & update: 12-month and free lifetime software update. The diagnostic scanner compatible with Windows PC only. You can choose to connect diaglink to your PC via USB cable or use Card reader/adapter to load the SD card to update your device . NOT include CD
- Read and clear your Check Engine Light and all other vehicle systems. Get your unlimited free vehicle specific Repair Reports, generated from our database of millions of fixes verified by Professional Automotive Technicians
- As easy to use as a code reader with all the capabilities of an expensive handheld scan tool, plus the benefits of your smartphone or tablet (free app updates, portability, saving data, interactive graphing of live data)
- Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices
- The BlueDriver App and BlueDriver Sensor work exclusively with each other to ensure quality
- BlueDriver is the Professional OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool trusted by mechanics and developed by Professional Engineers in North America
- 📀【ABS&SAS&SRS SCANNER】FOXWELL NT630 Plus ABS & Airbag OBD2 scanner does not only provides accurate and professional diagnosis of ABS/SRS/SAS faults , but also removes air from the internal brake fluid chambers after servicing the brakes. 👉TIPS: It can not remove airbag crash data or collision data.
- 📀【ABS BLEEDING SCAN TOOL】Anytime the brake system is opened to replace components such as calipers, wheel cylinders, the master cylinder, or brake lines or hoses, air gets inside. The air has to be removed by bleeding the brakes if you want a firm brake pedal. You can use this diagnostic scanner to help bleed the brake, cycling the pump and valves during the bleeding process.
- 📀【ACTIVE TEST】The OBD scan tool temporarily allow you to active or control ABS/Airbag system and component, including switches, sensors, relays& actuators. It saving your time and labor costs.
- 📀【PERFECT COMPATIBILITY】The diagnostic scanner for automobiles is compatible with almost all OBDII cars, SUVs, minivans, light-duty trucks sold worldwide, Which makes it suitable for both mechanic and DIYers. ABS and SRS Coverage for 60+ Vehicle Makes. SAS calibration is on 30+ selected make.
- 📀【UPGRADE AND NO WORRIES】The update tool FoxAssist allows you update& uninstall software, save & print data, gaining more available vehicle models and language on the original basis free lifetime. And there is a technical assistance for timely and effectively solving the quality problem within 24 Hours.
- 【ABS SRS Engine Diagnostics】+【Active Test 】With LAUCH obd2 scanner, you can get close with your car and know the specific problems of ABS and SRS according to the displayed version information, DTCs, Data stream, as well as advanced active test results.turn off the MIL, ABS & SRS warning lights. Active Test-Properly utilize the available active tests to detect the hidden problems when you see the ABS warning light. without getting your hands dirty. (Note: Only work for a few vehicles)
- 【Oil &SAS &BMS Reset Service】Routine maintenance - This obd2 scanner can keep your car running smoothly for years to come. OIL RESET-To reset the oil life each time you have the oil and oil filter changed. SAS RESET - To perform a calibration of the steering angle sensor following a wheel alignment or installation of a suspension or steering part. BMS RESET- Clear useless fault info/reset BMS module after battery replacement.(Notice: If you can’t find this reset, update your product)
- 【One-Click Diagnostic & Clear + Full OBD2 Functions】Featuring 10 modes of OBD2 tests, this OBD2 scanner makes it possible for you to easily identify problems related to fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions, greatly shorten the diagnostic time, and pass the smog test quickly and accurately 3 hot keys（F1/F2/F3）to access to the target interface directly with One-click. HELP button is specially designed for quick access to commonly tips.
- 【Lifetime Update&Over 42 car brands】All the compatible vehicle brands will increase as the CR629 is updated. Works on most 1996 and newer OBDII compliant vehicles in the US, Europe, and Asia, with over 42 car brands and up to thousands of models. Get LAUNCH CR629 and use this OEM level diagnostic tool to ensure proper fit and compatible with Benz, BMW, Citroen, Mazda, Toyota, Ford, etc.
- 【User-Friendly Diagnostic Tool】The code reader with 3.5inch screen➤ Record or playback any data stream or diagnostic results.➤Print diagnostic report by PC for further analysis ➤DTC Lookup to identify a code’s meaning directly, No Google research needed. ➤8 Language Support➤24-Month Warranty➤LED indicator for different DTC types
- SCAN, READ AND RESET CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS, ABS(Brake) CODES & MORE - Innova’s 5030 OBD2 scanner empowers the home mechanic with its professional-level functionality. This car diagnostic tool reads and clears OBD trouble codes of any foreign or domestic 1996 or newer OBD2 car, light truck, SUV, or hybrid vehicle. Supports English, Spanish or French.
- THE DEVICE IS GREAT BUT THE DATA IS BETTER - Innova has best-in-class data to help you Find the Problem and Fix the Problem. The 5030 code reader can access one of the largest correlated, cloud-based automotive diagnostic databases connecting you to a collection of verified fixes from ASE Master Technicians.
- KNOW YOUR SMOG CHECK RESULTS BEFORE YOUR STATE DOES - More than just a car check engine light reader, the 5030 also lets you check your emissions status using the red, yellow, and green LEDs to pre-determine whether you’ll be able to pass your smog test.
- EASY TO READ SCREEN DISPLAYS CODE SEVERITY - The Innova 5030 OBD2 scan tool doesn’t just show you the Diagnostic Trouble Code(DTC), it also displays the severity of the problem so you can make an informed decision on when you need to make the repairs
- DESIGNED & SUPPORTED IN THE USA - Buy with confidence. Our California-based, ASE-Certified Customer Support team is happy to assist you with any questions or troubleshooting six days a week.
- [ENHANCED 4 SYSTEMS DIAGNOSTIC TOOL] - FX2000 scan tool does not only include OBD/EOBD standard protocol diagnosis but also performs full detection on vehicles three mainly ECU's systems (ABS/ SRS/ Transmission), besides, it also can read/erase fault codes and turn off warning light in above four systems. Note: FX2000 scanner ONLY supports cars from 2005 and newer for ABS/SRS/ Transmission system testings.
- [FULL OBDII DIAGNOSIS] - Supports full OBDII test modes with advanced mode 4(Live PCM Data Stream in graphics formats), ability to Read/Clear DTCs and do smog tests including I/M readiness and O2 sensor tests, etc., that will keep your mind from worrying about car emission problems. It also supports read freeze frame data, EVAP system test, retrieves vehicle info, and more.
- [ADD-ON EXTRA FUNCTIONS] - Ability to graph, record, and replay live data streams for ENGINE, AT, ABS and SRS; Besides, it also comes with the added benefits of reading data streaming in one graph for various system, you can check the four parameters in the meantime which is intended to help you quickly find the vehicle potential problems.
- [WIDE VEHICLE COVERAGE] - Includes 46 vehicle makers of the OBDII test for a complete diagnosis. Works on most from 1996 US-based, 2002 EU-based, 2005 Asian-based or newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Support English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese.
- [WORTHY TO OWN] - Equipped with an intuitive interface, 4.0-inch TF color screen, smart Buttons design for easy to handling. We also support lifetime free updates online via a TF card on Ancel official website.
- 😀【Check Engine Light】The codes reader 6100P shows fault codes with DTC Severity and quickly reveals the cause of "Check Engine" light warnings(MIL). One-press hotkey to turn off check engine light after vehicle maintenance. Freeze Frame displays plenty of vehicle data present when the code was set off, such as engine coolant temperature, fuel injector pulse width(fuel trim), RPM, spark timing, etc.
- 😀【Battery & Alternator Test】The Innova obd2 scanner can be used to check the performance of the battery or alternator for your hybrid, car, SUV, minivan, or light truck diesel as well. During rough winters and scorching summers, this diagnostic tool will be invaluable when trying to root out start-up issues.
- 😀【Oil Light Reset】The Oil Reset feature provides step-by-step reset procedures after an oil change for most 1996 and newer OBD2 vehicles. The free stepwise guide which 6100P scan tool provides as regards oil change reset and drive cycle procedures may be a major relieve for beginners.
- 😀【ABS & SRS】In addition to emission-related OBDII codes, the abs srs scanner works well on reading/erasing ABS and SRS codes for popular Car Makes such as Ford, Chevy, Honda, Mazda, Dodge, Jeep, GMC, etc. when the Traction light is constantly on. The ability to really detect where the problem is concerning brakes and airbags enables you to make sure all safety measures in place before putting yourself in harm's way.
- 😀【Developed in US】Buy with Confidence. The car scanner empowers the home mechanics with its professional-level functionality but entry-level difficulty, for it is designed and developed in the US and supported by unmatched technical assistance from a staff of all ASE certified technicians. 😉
- The VD500 OBD2 scanner is specially designed for diagnosing most 12V 16-Pin Volkswagen/Audi/Skoda/SEAT V/A Series vehicles, but it also has the ability to work on 12V cars and light trucks (non-electric) manufactured in 1996 or later that are OBD II-compliant with 16-Pin OBD II protocols (J1850 VPM, J1850PWM, ISO9141, KWP 2000 and CAN).
- For Volkswagen (VAG) vehicles diagnosis, the device can not only read and erase codes on engine, ABS, Transmission, SAS (not all cars), ESP, TPMS and other systems, but also reset the oil, brake pad and throttle position adaption.
- For other OBD II vehicles, VD500 is capable of reading/erasing, show error code definitions, turning off the MIL (check engine light) and retrieving VIN information.
- VD500’s diagnostic range for Volkswagen vehicles covers the following vehicles: VW (CC, EOS, Golf, GTI, Jetta, Passat, Phaeton, Polo, Rabbit, Sharan, Tiguan, Touran, Touareg); Audi (A3, A4, A6, A7, A8, A5, Q3, Q5, Q7, R8, RS3, TT, RS, RS5, S4, S6); Skoda (Octavia, Rapid, Yeti, Kodiaq, Fabio, Superb); SEAT (Leon, Ateca, Ibize, Altea, Cushion, Cord, Alhambra) diagnosis.
- With English and German as the two display languages, this diagnostic tool provides life-time free software updates to fix the latest bugs or add new parameters. Just download the software from the official website, then follow on-screen instructions to install.
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2020-10-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API