NHTSA ID Number: 10163672
Manufacturer Communication Number: PIP4905E
This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have a no charge condition when using either the stationary 240V or the 120V charger. Technician may find Diagnostic Trouble Code P0D26 set in the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2. Technician will need to check the last 8 digits of the (VIN) Vehicle Identification Number. If the Vehicle Identification Number number is less than Vehicle Identification Number BU100954, perform the latest version of PIP4875 to program the Hybrid Powertrain Control Module 2. If the vehicle is a return or built after Vehicle Identification Number BU100954 Plug in the 120V charger and note the behavior of the charge indicator light on the Instrument Panel and the lights on the charge cord set Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment. If the light on the Instrument Panel is not steady green during a charging event, and the two upper charge cord set lights are steady green, record a GDS 2 snapshot from the Battery Charger Control Module Data. While monitoring the data in Global Diagnostic System 2, manipulate the charge cord coupler for proximity voltage changes. If the data has an erratic signal inspect the charge port receptacle connector for signs of water intrusion or corrosion in both the vehicle harness side and charge port side.
8 Affected Products
Bulletin No.: PIP4905E Published date: 07/23/2019
PIP4905E Vehicle Will Not Charge DTC P0D26
Brand: Model: Model Years:
This PI was superseded to update model years. Please discard PIP4905D.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this
Condition / Concern
Some customers may experience a no charge condition when using either the stationary 240V or the
Technicians may also find a DTC: P0D26 set in the HPCM 2.
Recommendations / Instructions
1) Check the last 8 digits of the (VIN) Vehicle Identification Number. If the VIN number is less
than VIN BU100954, perform the latest version of PIP4875 to program the HPCM 2, along with the
other modules. For vehicles built after VIN BU100954 proceed to step 3.
2) If the concern returns or the vehicle has already had PIP4875 performed, please perform step 3.
3) Plug in the 120V charger and note the behavior of the charge indicator light on the Instrument
Panel and the lights on the charge cord set (EVSE). If the light on the Instrument Panel is not
steady green during a charging event, and the two upper charge cord set lights are steady green,
record a GDS 2 snapshot from the HPCM 2 monitoring the Battery Charger Control Module Data.
4) Review the snapshot and monitor the proximity detection signal for erratic operation during
charging. Also manipulating the charge cord coupler (handle) in different directions and monitor
for proximity voltage changes.
5) Review the two pictures below. One shows a Proximity signal that is good and the other shows a
proximity signal that is erratic.
6) If your snapshot shows the erratic signal above, and/or the condition changes with charge cord
coupler ( handle ) manipulation, or the proximity signal does not drop to a steady 1.49 volts it
will be necessary to inspect the charge port receptacle and wiring.
7) Inspect the charge port receptacle connector for signs of water intrusion or corrosion in both
th vehicle harness side and charge port side. If a concern is found it will be necessary to replace
the receptacle and repair the harness as needed.
8) If no water or corrosion is found, test the resistance of all the charge port receptacle
circuits to each other while disconnected from the OBCM, the HPCM 2 and the charge port receptacle.
All circuits should read open, if they do not inspect the harness or connector for a short.
9) Check resistance and load test circuits 3837, 3838 and 3952 between the receptacle and the OBCM
to isolate any charge cable wiring related concerns.
10) If all of the above do not lead to a resolution continue with the published P0D26 SI
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition
exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be
Bulletin No.: PIP4905E
Published date: 07/23/2019
Bulletin No.: PIP4905C
Bulletin No.: PIP4905C
Date: February, 2014
- CHARGE YOUR EV FASTER: Level 2 electric vehicle charging station compatible with any EV charges up to 9Xs faster than a standard wall outlet
- UNIVERSAL EV CHARGER: Tested on leading EV models: Chevrolet Bolt EV, Volvo Recharge, Polestar, Hyundai Kona and Ioniq, Kira NIRO, Nissan LEAF, Tesla, Toyota Prius Prime, BMW i3, Honda Clarity, Chrysler Pacifica, Jaguar I-PACE, and more
- SMARTHOME AND WIFI ENABLED: Set a convenient charging schedule with the ChargePoint app, compatible with Alexa devices
- UP TO 50 AMPS: Energy Star rated electric car charging station features flexible amperage settings from 16 to 50 amps
- FEATURES: Easy indoor or outdoor installation by an electrician; Plug-in or hardwired installation available; Plug-in installation requires circuits rated 40A or 50A; Voltage: 240 V; Cable length: 23 feet
- ❤ [Operating Regulations]: 👍Work Voltage: 200V-270V, suggest 220V or 240V; 👍Socket: Only works with Nema 14-50 plug-in socket; 👍Doesn't charge: Your charging mode is "APP Start", pull out the charging gun, long press "Ⓐ Button" and switch to "Plug-and-Play" mode, then it will work well. 👍Can't adjust the current by APP: Stop the charging, then you can adjust current.(Because adjust the current when charging may cause abnormalities)
- ❤ [6X Faster with ETL and Energy Star Listed, Meets the Safety Criteria Defined by: SAE J1772, UL2231-1/-2, UL 991, UL 2231, UL 2251, UL1998 and UL 2594 & Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs Sold in North America]: Say goodbye to slow level 1 ev charger and enjoy 6X faster charging. Designed with J1772 TYPE 1 standard connector, compatible with Tesla (Adaptor Needed), Ford, GM, Nissan, Audi, Kia, Honda, BMW, Kia, Hyundai, Gmc, Chevy, etc.
- ❤ [Up to 7.68kWh High Speed Charging & Adjustable Amperage from 16A to 32A]: Maximum current output of 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A. (Kindly note: Some cars may turn down the current automatically when the voltage is unstable.)
- ❤ [Smart LED Screen Display & Touch Control]: Clearly show the Amperage, charging speed, input voltage, delay time, charge safely. For the touch buttons: 1. Pull out the charging gun, otherwise the touch buttons will no respond; 2. Long press "Ⓐ" to switch "Plug-and-Play" or "APP Start" charging modes(You can switch to "Plug and Play" mode if doesn't charge after plugged); 3. Short press "Ⓐ" to adjust the amperage from 16A to 32A by needs.
- ❤ [Smart APP Control, Real-time Monitor and Appoint The Charging Start Time, Save your Money]: You can search "Smart life" by Apple store or Google Store, which allows your vehicles to be charged during off-peak period by setting the charging start time, save money on the electricity bills. Check the charging cost, history, fully-charged notification, track the charging status, and adjust the current before the charging.
- COMPATIBILITY: Wall Connector is compatible with all Tesla models: Model S, Model 3, Model X and Model Y.
- CHARGING SPEED: Up to 44 miles of range per hour of charge, with up to 11.5 kW / 48 amp output, depending on Tesla model and breaker size.
- CONVENIENCE: Indoor or outdoor installation (by your own electrician or one of the 1,400+ Tesla Certified Electricians) with variable amperage that allows max output to be customized to an existing power supply and supports any output up to 48A. Possible max output configurations include: 48A, 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A, 12A.
- CONNECTIVITY: Connecting the Wall Connector to a local Wi-Fi network enables over-the-air firmware updates for continual product improvements and remote access control.
- POWER-SHARE: Power-share is ideal for locations that need to charge more than one Tesla at the same time. This functionality allows up to six Wall Connectors to be linked for efficient power management.
- Trusted Brand: AUTEL has been leading the global automotive diagnostic industry since 2004. The latest AUTEL AC Home Level 2 EV Charger provides you with a safer, more intelligent, and fast charging experience.
- Level 2 EV Charging: The MaxiCharger Home is a 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 (120 Volt) regular outlet charger. The ev charger power output range of 6 amps up to 50 amps allows you to choose the charging speed that fits your lifestyle and home.
- Wide Compatibility: This MaxiCharger hardwired EV charger is a 240V-50 Amp Level 2 Charger compatible with all EV and Hybrid Plug-in vehicles. Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, CAN, RS485. A three-year limited warranty covers the unit.
- Smart and Convenient Mobile App: Manage your charging easily, intelligently, and insightfully. The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates.
- CSA Certified Safe and Reliable: Tested to UL safety standards by CSA, a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL), the Autel MaxiCharger qualifies for local rebates and incentives. A NEMA 4X protection rating provides safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- 【Makes For A Nice Setup】DAOLAR dock and hook combination is truly the perfect accessory for your EV charger. It is a simple addition that will have a huge impact to the outlook of your garage. The design concept is to keep your space organized and protect your charger from damage
- 【Heavy Duty and Durable】Heavy duty metal makes this charger holder extremely durable that can hold your EV Charger steady,and super easy to clean
- 【Perfect Fit All J1772 Plug】Highly recommend to anyone who want to mount standard J1772 type connector, indoors or outdoors
- 【Simple to Use】Simple insert and click the EV charging nozzle. The long charging cables can be easily coiled up and hung on the deep J hook
- 【No Cable Mess】Our cable organizer keeps your space clean by providing your wall ev charger with a safety storage holder - preventing kinking or tangling - so it stays ready for the next charge
- Grizzl-E Classic NEMA 14-50 Plug with 24 Feet Premium Cable is a simple, powerful, heavy-duty and portable Electric Vehicle Charging Station which is suitable for normal and cold weather. Compatible with all EVs and PHEVs sold in North America.
- UL Full Tested and Certified. Eligible for Federal rebate program. IP67 (Water resistant), Fire resistant. Over Current, Over Voltage , Under Voltage, Missing Diode, Ground Fault, and Over Temperature Protections. Self-Monitoring and Recovery, Power Outage Recovery. Built in GFCI.
- Fast charging and adjustable amperage: 40A, 32A, 24A, 16A. Maximum current output of 40 Amps for 50A circuit breaker, 32 Amps for 40A circuit breaker, 24 Amps for 30A circuit breaker, or 16 Amps for 20A circuit breaker. Charge Rate: 28-30 miles per hour at 40A, 22-25 miles per hour at 32A, 15-18 miles per hour at 24A and 10-12 miles per hour at 16A.
- Easy to install and use. Save hundreds of dollars on installation : just install a simple 14-50R outlet and you are ready to plug in your Grizzl-E. Easily transportable. Simple to remove from the mounting bracket and transport between different locations. NEMA-4 water and air tight metal enclosure. More power and output configurations for your money than any other charging station.
- 🔋𝟒𝐗 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠: ShockFlo level 2 EV Charger charging 4X speed than a standard charger. Getting 44 miles in 4 hours (Charging Power: 240V, 16A, 3.8KW ). Equipped with 𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐀 𝟔-𝟐𝟎 𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐠 (𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝟐 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬, 𝟐𝟒𝟎𝐕), 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐀 𝟓-𝟏𝟓𝐏 (𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥 𝟏 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐢𝐭𝐬,𝟏𝟏𝟎𝐕). Match different circuits with ease, charging your car more freely at home or outdoors. 🌟(𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞: EV Charger will charge slowly when charging 80% or temperature rises to a high point for safety of your car)
- 🚗𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐉𝟏𝟕𝟕𝟐 𝐄𝐕𝐬 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭: Shockflo level 1 EV charger used for all J1772 electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids.Including Ford, GM, Nissan Leaf Series, Audi e-tron, Kia, Honda (Clarity Electric/PHEV), BMW (i3, 5 Series), Chevrolet (Volt,Bolt), Toyota (Prius Prime,RAV4 Prime), and Hyundai (Ioniq, Kona), Ford (Fusion Energi) and more.
- ✅𝐂𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐟𝐞𝐫: Feature with FCC international certified and built-in against lightning protection, current leakage, grounding, low-voltage, over-voltage, over-charge, over-heat and over-current etc upgrade protect system. Besides, the EV Charger will auto power off when fully charged; ensuring the safety of your car. We suggest you add a circuit breaker to your home circuit for more safe.
- 👜𝐏𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐄𝐕 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐫: With storage bag, you can carry it out everywhere easily and not take up space. The control box and j1772 charger are made of anti-rolling and anti-scratch material and feature IP65 waterproof. EV charger level 1 works from -40℉ to 131℉. It is friendly to use outdoors or at home. ⚠️Warm Tips: We suggest you better not be exposed to sun directly due to it will lead to a rising temperature, which affects charging power or automatic power off（not affect the use of next time）
- 🚗𝐏𝐥𝐮𝐠-𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞:Shockflo EV charger feature with 21FT charging cable, it is long enough for most driveways or garages. And plug-play design ensures you charge your car more conveniently and faster without any installation. And LED indicator lights make you master the charging state easily.
- Engineered by Autel, the industry-leader in automotive diagnostic tools since 2004, the MaxiCharger Home is a Level 2, 240 Volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station that can charge any EV or plug-in hybrid up to 9X faster than a Level 1 regular outlet charger.
- The advanced Autel Charge mobile app allows you to track, manage, schedule, and optimize smart EV charging anytime to take advantage of off-peak electricity rates. Adjustable power output up to 50 Amps allows you to choose what works best for your home and lifestyle, helping to avoid costly electrical upgrades.
- A durable 25-foot cable, sturdy construction, and high-grade materials provide maximum weather resistance. A NEMA 4X protection rating provids safe and reliable indoor and outdoor usage in any climate.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet connectivity options ensure automatic OTA (over-the-air) firmware updates and seamless connectivity and communication with your mobile device. The optional start and stop RFID card functionality can prevent unauthorized use.
- A 3-year warranty, 24/7 support from the best-in-class charging stations customer service, and automatic updates will deliver safe and secure electric vehicle charging for years to come.
- HOLD CHARGING CABLE GOOD: This wall-mounted ev charger holder is indeed the perfect accessory. Even easier to store charging cable when not in use keep it clean and neat.
- MUCH EASIER TO STORE J1772 CHARGER: If you are in need of a cord holder with a J1772 receptacle, then this fits the bill perfect.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Product came with the needed screws and wall anchors. Easy to install and effective at doing the job needed the product to do.
- SUPER STURDY: J1772 EV holster is solidly build and comes with the proper screws to mount to a stud. Perfect for anyone with any EV charging cable.
- FROM WATER AND CORROSION: Perfect for people who don’t have a neat way to hang the hose of their charger. And your charger clips weight in to the circles, protecting from water and corrosion.
- 🚘【Safety 8X Faster Charge】EVJUICION Level 2 EV Charger compatible with all EVs and PHEVs Sold in North America. With 220-240V charging, Say goodbye to a slow EV charger and enjoy 8X faster charging. Ev chargers for home level 2 designed with J1772 TYPE 1 standard connector, compatible with all America standant hybrid vehicles, including Tesla (Adaptor Needed), Ford, GM, Nissan, Audi, Kia, Honda, etc.
- 🚘【Safer & Reliable Charger】Say goodbye to worrying about security. This portable ev charger level 2 is also certified as IP67 waterproof. Level 2 charger with CE certification, FCC certification and UL safety report, a more secure and reliable charge of your electric car EV charger is guaranteed to be of high quality and safety standards.
- 🚘【Up to 9.6KW High-Speed Charging】 Adjustable Amperage from 16A to 40A (Kindly note: Some cars may turn down the current automatically when the voltage is unstableaccess to 220-240V outlet to achieve 8 times faster charging speed than other OEM 8A level 1 chargers. Get 60 miles in about 1.9 hours at 240V charge. Maximum power output of 9.6KW to provide consistent power to your vehicle.
- 🚘【Charge Anytime, Anywhere】Nema 14-50 charger can be set to delayed (1-12 hours), Schedule your charging session with the delayed start timer, save electricity bill, and relieve peak load during the day or night. The electric car charger cable length 25 ft. This length provides flexibility and convenience when charging the vehicle not matter where it is parked. The lightweight bag is convenient for you to store and carry.
- 🚘【Monitor Charging Status】Level 2 home chargers features an OLED screen that displays all the importance information, including current charging rate, voltage, temperature,, and time. The nema 14-50 ev charger indicator light prompts multiple protection functions, ensuring your safety during charging. When the temperature the device exceeds the safety limit, the ev car charger level 2 system automatically limits the charging power or stops charging altogether.
Last update on 2023-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.