NHTSA ID Number: 10070905
Manufacturer Communication Number: PI1190A
6 Affected Products
|MODULE ASM-SUN RF (Rear Crossbar)||23450831|
|Subject:||Sunroof Sunshade Binds and/or Will Not Retract Properly|
|Models:||2012-2015 Buick LaCrosse|
|2014-2015 Chevrolet Impala|
|Equipped with Sunroof (RPO C3U)|
This PI has been revised to update the Models section. Please discard PI1190.
The cause of this condition may be any of the following issues:
- Flutter containment patches on the rear crossmember may be sticking to the sunshade and impeding it’s travel (2014 Impala only).
- Acoustic panels attached to the rear of the headliner may have partially detached (1) and/or bunched up (2) putting too much tension on the sunshade roller.
- The rolled steel springs on the outboard ends of the sunshade may have become kinked or damaged due to improper travel of the sunshade.
Inspect the sunroof sunshade assembly for damage. If damage to the sunshade is evident, refer to the GM electronic parts catalog (EPC) for the current sunshade service part and replace the sunshade following the steps and tips below:
- Run the front sunroof window to vent position and remove the rear sunroof window. Refer to Sunroof Window Replacement – Rear in SI.
- Power the sunshade to approximately halfway in the roof opening.
- Lower the headliner. Refer to Headlining Trim Panel Replacement in SI.
Note: The rearward crossmember retaining screw (circled in the graphic above) is also the retaining screw for the forward fastener location of the sunshade end cap.
- From the inside of the vehicle, remove the sunroof module rear crossmember by removing the two retaining screws (1) located on each side. Do Not remove the sunshade end cap to module retaining screws yet.
- From the topside of the vehicle, remove the screw (1) from each end of the sunshade front bar that attaches the shade to the drive cables.
- From inside the vehicle, remove the remaining two screws (1) that attach the sunshade end cap to the module on both sides.
- Remove the sunshade end caps from the sunshade.
- Remove the sunshade from the sunroof frame rail tracks.
- Remove all debris from the sunshade tracks by wiping them down with brake cleaner. Use an air nozzle to blow out any remaining particles.
- Check the rear rail tracks of the sunroof for damage by running a cotton ball, or equivalent, along the tracks.
- Prior to sunshade installation, apply a dab of lubricant *RHEOSIL 500F, or equivalent, to the ends of the rail tracks.
Important: Do Not unroll the sunshade prior to installation. The sunshade rewinding assembly is only designed to be unrolled within the sunroof rail track system and can permanently damage if unrolled outside the sunroof rail track.
- With an assistant holding tension on the sunshade roll and positioning the opposite side, position one side of the sunshade to the track.
- Start the inboard, downward tab (1) into the rail end then feed the metal clip into the lower rail track. Feed approximately 25.4 mm (1.0 in), or slightly less, of the sunshade (2) into the track.
- Have the assistant repeat step #14 on the opposite side.
- Once both sides are started, manually roll out approximately 203-254 mm (8-10 in) of the sunshade. Work the sunshade into the grease by dragging back and forth manually, ensuring both sides are sliding freely.
Important: As shown in the graphic above, ensure that the tab of each end cap is fully seated into the rail end (1), and that the sunshade material is properly positioned in the end cap and rail track (2).
- With one person holding the sunshade position/tension, have an assistant install the sunshade end cap brackets (1) to the rail tracks, and install one of the rearward retaining screws (locations circled) on each side. This will hold tension on the sunshade until the other rear end cap screw can be installed in a later step.
- Manually pull the sunshade front bar up to the location of the shade drive cable attachments.
Important: Before attaching the front bar screws, inspect for proper installation of the sunshade within the track. When properly installed, the metal coil on the end of the sunshade (1) is BELOW the track (2). The graphic below shows an example of incorrect installation; with the metal coil (1) positioned ABOVE the track (2).
- Install the screws (1) to the front bar of the sunshade and tighten to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
- Install the remaining sunshade end cap to module rear screws, one to each side, and tighten all screws to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
Note: The graphic above shows the current design crossmember, which has four hook and loop anti-rattle patches. The patches are shown blue in color on the above example to improve viewing. These patches will be black on the actual production crossmembers.
Important: Before reinstalling the rear crossmember, inspect that it is the current design. If these patches are not evident, the crossmember is an earlier design and should be replaced with the service part listed in the part table below.
- Position the rear crossmember to the vehicle, install two screws (1) to the rear crossmember located on each side and tighten to 2.5 Nm (22 lb in).
Important: While cycling the sunshade, closely inspect for possible contact/interference between the motor wiring harness (1) and the sunshade rollo fabric (2). It contact is evident, install an additional tie strap to hold the harness away from the shade.
- Slowly cycle the sunshade. Inspect the sunshade for binding and ensure proper operation.
- Reinstall the rear sunroof window. Refer to Sunroof Window Replacement – Rear in SI.
- Reinstall the headliner. Refer to Headlining Trim Panel Replacement in SI.
*We believe this source and their products to be reliable. There may be additional manufacturers of such products/materials. General Motors does not endorse, indicate any preference for, or assume any responsibility for the products or material from this firm or for any such items that may be available from other sources.
RHEOSIL 500F is not currently available from GMCC&A. You can obtain the product by calling TAI Lubricants at 302-326-0200. We recommend purchasing the 17.64 oz jar, which has enough grease to repair a large number of vehicles.
|23450831||MODULE ASM-SUN RF (Rear Crossbar)|
For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
|Labor Operation||Description||Labor Time|
|6041230||Sunroof Sunshade Replacement||Use Published Labor Operation Time|
Bulletin No.: PI1190A
Date: September, 2014
- Material: polyester net and sewn in magnetic stripes. Breathable mesh, 100% safe to kids
- Product Size: 37.8" x 23.6"(L: 96cm/W: 60cm). Please measure your sunroof, if your sunroof is smaller than 37.8" L x 23.6" W (96cm L x 60cm W), it will fit. Recommended SUNROOF SIZE: 35.4" x 19.7"(L:90cm/W:50cm). Suitable for most cars, SUV, MPV and other types with iron roofs
- 10 seconds quick install: Unfold and Cover: 1.Unfold the Sun Shade Magnetic Mesh. 2.Cover it on sunroof. Steady and strong. High speed may make it dance in the wind, so you'd better take it off when driving. This provides a shadow when your car is exposed to the hot sun when parking. Easy removable and storage in bag
- Open and close the moonroof freely: No affect on the use of the sunproof. Translucent and unobstructed open view outside while provide UV protection. This sunroof sunshade creates a private and peaceful space for moms' breastfeeding or kids' sleeping
- 12 Months Warranty: Any problems, please Just Contact KASKA Customer Service first!【[email protected]outlook.com】We provides 24/7 customer service and will offer more solutions for you!
- Material: polyester net and sewn in magnetic stripes. Breathable mesh, 100% safe to kids. Anti-mosquito when driving and outdoor parking, dustproof and ventilated when opening the window.
- Size: 37.4" x 21.6"(L: 95cm/W: 55cm). Suitable for most cars, SUV, MPV and other types with iron roofs ,it's cannot be used in panoramic sunroof car . it's suitable for low speed driving while not suitable for speeds over 40km/h or in heavy winds
- 10 seconds quick install: Unfold and Cover: Unfold the Sun Shade Magnetic Mesh. 2.Cover it on the roof of the car. Steady and strong. Better for using when parking or driving at low speeds . Easy removable and storage in bag
- Efficient heat insulation，Easily solve the problem of exposure, reduce the aging speed of interior decoration caused by prolonged high temperature exposure
- Open and close the moonroof freely: No affect on the use of the sunproof. Translucent and unobstructed open view outside while provide UV protection.
- Fits:all year models (2007-up) of mini cooper, clubman and countryman (including S models) equipped with a dual factory sunroof.
- Material: Silver Coated UV Resistant fabric, designed to reduce heat from the interior of your mini cooper.
- Fix and remove easily within seconds, no tools necessary
- Open Size: 18.9*27.6 " (48*70 cm), When not in use, just twist to fold into a small pouch
- Package include: 2 Pcs x UV Sunshade for Sunroof, 2 x Pouches
- HIGH QUALITY -- The sun shade net is made of polyester material, Eco-friendly and breathable, 100% safe to kids.
- HEAT INSULATION -- Effective thermal insulation, reduce the temperature inside the car, keep the temperature inside the car comfortable.
- MULTIFUNCTION -- Anti-mosquito when self-driving and outdoor parking, dustproof and ventilated when opening car windows.
- EASY TO INSTALL -- The magnet is directly attached to the roof of the car, very simple to install and remove within seconds, no tools necessary.
- UNIVERSAL -- Size: 21.6 x 37.4 inches/55 x 95 cm. Suitable for most cars, SUV and other types with iron roofs.
- Car Sunroof Sun Screen Window Shade -- Suitable for most cars, SUV, MPV and other types with iron roofs, size: 90*50cm
- Material -- Polyester net and sewn in magnetic stripes. Breathable mesh, 100% safe to kids
- 10 Seconds Quick Install -- Unfold and Cover: Unfold the Sun Shade Magnetic Mesh. 2.Cover it on the roof of the car. Steady and strong. Better for using when parking or driving at low speeds
- Open and Close the Moonroof Freely -- No affect on the use of the sunproof. Translucent and unobstructed open view outside while provide UV protection. This sunroof sunshade creates a private and peaceful space for moms' breastfeeding or kids' sleeping
- Applicable Scene -- Anti-mosquito when driving and outdoor parking, dustproof and ventilated when opening the window.
- Car sunroof sunshade curtains: Suitable for VW Sharan 2009-2017, VW Tiguan 2009-2017, Audi Q5 2009-2017.
- Heat insulation: This car curtain is made of high-quality fabric and heat-insulating material to effectively maintain the temperature inside the car, heat insulation, creating a comfortable environment and avoid overheating due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Safety: UV-resistant, it is harmless to lift the window glass after the solid rail. Easy to install and use.
- Privacy: two different colors can be choose to protect your privacy better. Superb manufacturing and exquisite design enhance your car's unique style, elegance and style.
- Length (After Rolled Up): 76cm / 29.92in, it is packaging with 2 pcs curtain clips. If you have any problems, please feel free to contact us.
- Replaces #: 1K9877307
- Fit for Audi Q5 2009-2017
- Fit for VW Sharan syncro/4Motion 2011-2017
- Fit for VW Jetta Variant 2008-2009
- Fit for VW Golf Variant/Sport Wagen 2010-2014 Fit for VW Tiguan 2008-2017
- 【Unique Design】 Specially designed for Tesla Model 3,Molding is designed by original data.Very special V design for the rear window,which will not influence the sight on the back side.
- 【High quality material】 UV/Heat Insulation Film has a silver insulation material that blocks UV rays.The mesh sunshade is made of high quality polyester mesh and high strength aluminum alloy. Giving you double protection.
- 【Double Protection】 The Mesh Sunshade and UV/Heat Insulation Film can be used together to reduces the heat and glare of the sun.Keep the car interior cooler and more comfortable.You can also remove the UV/Heat Insulation Film and only keep the Mesh Sunshade,so you can still use it for panoramic view of the sky and outside.
- 【Easy to Install】 Fixed with clips.Original design clip fit for model 3 glass roof mesh sunshade，installs easy and easily removable , it can be folded into the storage bag we provide to save space.
- 【Package Include】 1 x Front Sunroof Mesh Sunshade ,1 x Rear Sunroof Mesh Sunshade,2 x UV/Heat Insulation Film,12 x Clips,1 x Storage Bag,1 x User Manual
- 【Customized】The sun roof custom fit Tesla model 3 2017 2018 2018.Our engineers designed the car by measuring the original size.The size was tested,no worry to purchase.
- 【High quality】Sunshade made of ductile alloy frame does not deform,elastic mesh cloth does not wrinkle.Model 3 top roof and rear window,environmental protection non-toxic,net surface is not broken,and single perspective.No worried block back side.
- 【Multi-function】Which will protect your skin sunburn and seat durability great，no used the glass roof sunshade more glare heat,used it get reducing light heat.Have best comfortable for your family and you.
- 【Easy to installation】Easily install and easily removable,Put the arc-shaped side on the rear,use the card clips fixed.When you removable it just put it in the storage bog,doesn't affect the next use.
- 【Why you need it】People have reflect the front shade leaves a gap at the center,our sunshade fit perfect.
- 【Customized design】Custom fit for Tesla model 3, designed this sunshade after measure it's size, already tested on the model 3 for many times, the size is correct, no worry to purchase
- 【Reduce interior temperature 】Advanced Sunshade for the tesla model 3 top roof and rear window, Prevent sunlight from entering the car directly, so it has a heat insulation effect, the Roof Sunshades block two thirds of solar thermal load
- 【Easy Install and Remove】Easily install and easily removable, Follow the detailed instruction, No service installation necessary
- 【Unique Design】Very special V design for the rear window,which will not influence the sight on the back side, good and safe for driving
- 【Good After Sales Services】We promise 100% satisfaction guarantee. We offer 12 months quality guarantee,6 months replacement and 90 days refund, If you have any dissatisfaction, Please let us know and we will respond within 24 hours.
Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Last update on 2019-10-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API