NHTSA ID Number: 10222784
Manufacturer Communication Number: 21-NA-165
This service bulletin provides a service procedure to correct a customer concern of a Rattle Noise/Vibration from Under Vehicle.
This condition may be caused by a crack (2) in the brace (1) used to space the exhaust system.
If the brace was found to be the cause of the noise or vibration, remove the brace from the exhaust pipe.
– The brace is only used to assist installing the exhaust system at the assembly plant and provides no other purpose.
3 Affected Products
1 Associated Document
Bulletin No.: 21-NA-165
Date: September, 2022
- 🛠️【PERFECT SIZE】Perfectly compatible with all 4-1/2 inch(115mm) angle grinders with 7/8 inch(22.2mm) arbor. Thickness:0.045 inch(1.2mm). Operating up to 13,300 RPM.
- ⚙️【 PRECISE AND QUICKLY】0.045 inch ultra thin design for fast burr free and precise cutting perforamce with minimal material loss.
- 🦾【SAFETY - AVOID WHEEL SHATTER】Metal cutting discs are made of aluminum oxide grains. More safe than other wheels that may shatter or prematurely wear. Wear all applicable safety gear when using these discs (eyes/ears/face/hands/body/etc).
- 🔧【DURABLE】Bonded with corundum and white alundum grain and reinforced by double fiberglass mesh, these cutting discs perform much more aggressive cutting longer, faster and reliably than other wheels that may shatter or prematurely wear.
- 🔩【MULTIPLE UESES】Cutting discs are designed for hard and continuous use on all metal, fiberglass, iron, plastic, steel and stainless steel parts including rebar, steel pipe, structural & galvanized steel, sheet metal, structural tubing and other ferrous metals for aggressive cutting action.
- DESIGNED FOR SHARP & CLEAN CUTTING ON - Exclusive top-grade raw materials and 0.04in ultra-thin thickness, optimized the performance of PEGATEC general purpose metal cutting wheels. The resulting fast cutting times keep at a minimum both burr formation and the thermal load both on the workpiece and on the cutting-off wheel. Which means less rework and higher efficiency.
- SUPER LONG SERVICE LIFE - The cut off wheels 4 1/2 inch are suitable for professional scenes demanding high aggressiveness and long service life. Due to the perfect ratio of BASF resin and high-quality alumina, silicon carbide, they’re extremely durable with 2.5 times of service life than the conventional brands. For a good craftsman, this means that the time to replace the cutting disks is greatly saved.
- MULTIFUNCTION AND SELF-SHARPENING - The PEGATEC PEGASTAR series angle grinder cut wheel is a special performance grade for performing demanding tasks. It had strong aggressiveness for metallic material such as iron, angle steel, stainless steel and ferrous metals. Its self-sharpening, provides balanced cutting performance throughout the cutting process.
- AUTHENTICATE SECURITY AND STABILITY - The 4.5" cut off wheels is reinforced with double-layer glass fiber mesh. The excellent stability can be ensured by precise measurement, risk of breakage can be avoided even when subjected to lateral forces. Comply with EU EN12413, MPV and TUV standards.
- HIGHLY COMPATIBLE & DURABLE AND STABLE PERFORMANCE - The angle grinder cut wheel is fully compatible with all angle grinders with 7/8-inch shank and speeds up to 13,300 RPM and 80M/S, enabling the cutting disks to achieve optimal performance in many angle grinders. Each cutting piece is supplemented with moisture-proof fiber cloth to ensure that its performance is not affected by moisture and corrosion.
- ☞LONGEST LASTING: Cut off wheels feature metal center and ultra-thin 0.040" thickness. 50 pieces cutting disc for metal & stainless steel meet ANSI safety requirements. Grinder Wheel Dimensions: 4 1/2"x0.040"x7/8"
- ☞PERFECT ALUMINUM: 4 1/2 cut off wheel is made with a proprietary combination of alumina particles for aggressive cutting action, providing the industry's best balance of cut life, cut rate, cut accuracy, power requirements and heat build-up, to give you unmatched cut time, consistent precise integrity, moderate power requirements and relatively low heat build-up
- ☞FITS ANY ANGLE GRINDER: 50 PCS cut-off wheels for metal & stainless steel fast burr-free cutting feature 4 1/2"x0.040"x7/8" , compatible with Die Grinder, Air Cut Off Tool and Electric Cut Off Tool.
- ☞MULTIPLE UESES: Cut off wheels 4 1/2 inch are designed for cutting fiberglass, steel, iron, plastic, stainless steel including rebar, steel pipe, structural & galvanized steel, sheet metal, structural tubing, black steel , and other ferrous metals.
- ☞Attention Please: Cutting disc is made in accordance. Before using these, please wear all applicable safety gear when using these discs (eyes/ears/face/hands/body/etc)
- 【Size】4-1/2-Inch x .047-Inch x 7/8-Inch
- 【PERFORMANCE】This is for a pack of 50 pieces of our cutting wheels Thin 0.045" cutting wheel design for fast burr free cutting. Perfectly compatible with all 4-1/2 angle grinders with 7/8-inch arbor, operating up to 13,300 RPM and 80M/S
- 【Advantage】Thin .045-Inch wheel design for fast burr free cutting Proprietary aluminum oxide grain combination for aggressive cutting action
- 【MATERIAL】Proprietary aluminum oxide grain for long life and fast cutting.double fiberglass mesh reinforced for further safety and durability
- 【SAFETY TIPS】Please use all necessary protective gear when you use these cutting discs.If there is any problem with the product, please contact us to help you solve the after-sales problem.
- Sharp and smooth cutting: The high-quality materials and 0.04-inch ultra-thin thickness make the cutting time of DELUN cut off wheels 4 1/2 inch shorter and the cutting surface cleaner during use, improving work efficiency and eliminating the need for grinding burrs
- High cost-effectiveness: On the basis of guaranteeing the product quality, we give away 5 extra cutoff wheel. When you purchase the product, you will get 55 PACK 4 1/2 cut off wheel available for use. Each cut off wheel is only $0.47, and the usage efficiency of 1 cut-off wheels is equal to 5 low-quality cut-off wheels
- Durable and safe: DELUN's 4 1/2 grinding wheels use safer and more stable double-layer reinforced fiberglass mesh and anti-rust metal rings to reinforce the cutting disc, making the cutting wheel service life 35% longer than other inferior cut off wheels.
- Multi-purpose cutting: Cutting discs for grinder designed for cutting steel, iron, plastic, fiberglass, stainless steel, including cutting action of steel bar, steel pipe, sheet metal, structural pipe, etc. Angle grinder attachments compatible with all 4-1/2"(115mm) Angle Grinder with 7/8 inch arbor
- Professional cutting discs: Our 4.5 cut off wheel for metal have passed ISO and MPA certification, the quality is guaranteed, no inferior materials are used, and there is no pungent smell when used. Reminder: Be sure to do a good job of protection before cutting.
- Our mandrel is designed to fit 0.035" to 1/4" thick cut-off wheels
- Includes 10 3-Inch Die Grinder Cut-Off Wheels (Weiler Wolverine 3" x 1/16")
- Lightweight, durable and the perfect die grinder accessory
- Perfect for Carbon Steel, Cast Iron, and General Purpose Metal Cutting
- Click on the Weiler link at the top of this page to learn more about our 4th generation family-owned company headquarted in Cresco, PA
- [Diamond Technology] 1 equals 100, EZARC diamond cut off wheel delivers 5,000+ more cuts for metal with much lower cost per cut compared to bonded cut-off wheels.
- [All in 1 Metal Solution] Ideal for dry cutting of metal, rebar, iron, alloy steel, aluminum, different types of pipes and sheet metal with over 100X longer life than bonded cutoff wheels in metal cutting applications.
- [Avoid Injury] Solid steel wheel body greatly reduces risk of shatter and injury for added safety, increased productivity. The metal cutting disc is 100% contaminant-free, it does not wear down like bonded abrasives reducing dust particles for a cleaner work station.
- [Industrial Quality] Quality Assured accurate cutting PERFORMANCE, PRECISION, LONGEVITY, STABILITY & INTEGRITY, cutting Longer, Faster and Reliably than other wheels that may shatter or prematurely wear.
- [Accurate Cutting] This cut-off wheel for metal maintains original wheel diameter throughout the life of the blade for better control and precision cutting.
- This package contains 10 stainless steel cutting wheels, providing ample supply for your cutting needs, whether for professional use or DIY projects.
- Crafted from high-quality stainless steel, these cutting wheels deliver exceptional strength, longevity, and resistance to corrosion, making them suitable for various cutting applications.
- Bates cutting wheel measures 4 1/2" in diameter, 1/21" in thickness, and features a 7/8" arbor hole, ensuring compatibility with most standard cutting tools.
- These cutting wheels are designed to effortlessly slice through a wide range of materials, including metal, steel, iron, and other hard substances, allowing for precise and efficient cutting results.
- With their standardized size and compatibility, these cutting wheels are straightforward to install and operate, enabling you to tackle your cutting tasks with ease and confidence.
Last update on 2023-11-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
This product presentation was made with AAWP plugin.
Copyright 2022 General Motors LLC. All Rights Reserved. Service Bulletin Bulletin No.: 21-NA-165 Date: September, 2022 TECHNICAL Subject: Rattle Noise/Vibration from Under Vehicle Brand: Model: Model Year: VIN: Engine: Transmission: from to from to Cadillac CT5 2020 2022 — — 3.0L (RPO LGY) — Involved Region or Country North America, Europe, Middle East, Israel, Cadillac Korea, China Condition Some customers may comment that a rattle noise/vibration can be heard emitting from under the vehicle. Cause 5873316 This condition may be caused by a crack (2) in the brace (1) used to space the exhaust system. Correction If the brace was found to be the cause of the noise or vibration, remove the brace from the exhaust pipe. – The brace is only used to assist installing the exhaust system at the assembly plant and provides no other purpose. Page 2 September, 2022 Bulletin No.: 21-NA-165 Important: Service agents must comply with all International, Federal, State, Provincial, and/or Local laws applicable to the activities it performs under this bulletin, including but not limited to handling, deploying, preparing, classifying, packaging, marking, labeling, and shipping dangerous goods. In the event of a conflict between the procedures set forth in this bulletin and the laws that apply to your dealership, you must follow those applicable laws. Service Procedure Note: Do Not remove the exhaust for this repair. Only lower enough to access the brace. 1. Remove the underbody rear air deflector. 2. Remove the floor panel tunnel panel front brace. 5873315 3. Utilizing a support jackstand or equivalent, support the exhaust system. 4. Remove the exhaust floor brace. 5. Loosen the exhaust pipe clamp. 6. Remove the exhaust flange nuts. 7. Remove the four forward most exhaust hangers. 8. Unplug the SQ valves. 9. Lower the exhaust. 5873317 10. Using care, cut the brace as shown in the graphic above. 11. Re-install exhaust system. 12. Reinstall the floor panel tunnel panel front brace. 13. Reinstall the underbody rear air deflector. Parts Information No parts are required for this repair. Warranty Information For vehicles repaired under the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage (Canada Base Warranty coverage), use the following labor operation. Reference the Applicable Warranties section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) for coverage information. Labor Operation Description Labor Time 4088118* Remove Exhaust Cross Support Brace 1.3 hrs *This is a unique Labor Operation for bulletin use only. Version 2 Modified Released July 16, 2021 Revised September 13, 2022 – Added the 2022 Model Year and an Important statement above Service Procedure. GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a “do-it-yourselfer”. They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION